Watch Tenn vs. Albany LIve | The Boneyard

Watch Tenn vs. Albany LIve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
on Watch ESPN. I don't usually have access to the SEC network games on WatchESPN, but this game is broadcasting now. Albany now on an 11-2 run.

TN leads by 2 at the half.

Last edited:

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
The Lady Vols are living on borrowed time here. One of these games they are going to lose to an unranked team. Who am I kidding? They are going to lose more than one if they play the way they have been.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It's only a matter of time before Tennessee implodes.

Reaction Score
TN 36-33 half way through the 3rd. Albany doesn't look nearly as big or athletic

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I really like Albany's coach, Katie Abrahamson-Henderson, who played for Cviv at Iowa.

I think she has done a really good job, and she seems to schedule tough games each year.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
If UT is the 4th best team in the country I'm the Easter Bunny. They simply look awful. Russell should score 40 points all by herself against an Albany team with little or no size.

Reaction Score
DeShields goes into the locker room after taking a charge

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
:eek:

Tenn is at home, too. They'll probably pull it out but....wow.

Reaction Score
Last-second foul gives TN a chance to put up a big 60 on the mighty Great Danes.

Ooops - and now a technical too. LV running the score up to 63 now

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Albany outscoring Tennessee in the 4th quarter.
ohlord.gif

Reaction Score
TENN dominated another powerful opponent, Albany, by 6 points. Not sure how they can have so much talent and eek out these wins over considerably weaker opponents. If TENN can somehow jell, they might be a formidable opponent.

Reaction Score
Tennessee crushes Albany 63-55, Geno and Boneyard's conspiracy notwithstanding.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A couple of off court observations. Dunbar was in a boot-not good news for Lady Vols. There was no Joy in this victory for Lady Vols, not from fan, coaching staff, or players.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Actually, is is sort of scary. If the Huskies should happen to run into the LV at the dance, and if it should be a close game, the Vols will have had MUCH more experience with close games than will the Huskies! Of course, it WOULD have to be a close game.......

Reaction Score
That was the 4th UT game I've watched this year, I really thought I would see major improvement this year. Bottom line, no hustle, low energy, Russell reminds me of Paige Saur, good but not great. Diamond has issues, graves was a non-factor, cooper needs time, overall team chemistry not there. Not the Vols of the past, even seemed to have regressed from last year. sad !

Reaction Score
We see Albany Danes play alot. They are well coached. I was hoping Geno would put them on the schedule . After watching today's game I just do not see Tenn. as a FF contender. Totally disfunctional !

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
A quote from Diamond.
k forward to Texas."

(On taking a charge in the final minutes of the game)
"I think that's something to be excited about. I feel like the more I do, the more comfortable I am on the floor. I wouldn't have taken a charge in my first game. I'm getting a lot more comfortable doing things that my body is used to doing - jumping, sprinting. I know on the transition with [Mercedes Russell], I hadn't run that fast in a really long time. The more I do, it's something that I'm really excited about - just pushing myself, stretching my potential every day. [Taking] the charge is growth for me."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is very early, but in looking at TN year to date stats, a troubling sign for me is that Diamond at this stages is looking very much like Diamond as a freshman - she is #1 in FGA attempts while shooting .321 from the field, or worse then all but the two players at the end of the bench and she is second in 3pt attempts while shooting .211. Those are very similar to her freshman year stats and are not conducive to an efficient offense.
Can the coaching staff at TN teach her what are good shots and the ability to pull out of an offensive move and reset to develop a better shot? If not she will remain exciting and inefficient.
It is a similar issue that Moriah needed to learn - when to use her blazing speed and when to slow down and let better offense develop.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A quote from Diamond.
k forward to Texas."

(On taking a charge in the final minutes of the game)
"I think that's something to be excited about. I feel like the more I do, the more comfortable I am on the floor. I wouldn't have taken a charge in my first game. I'm getting a lot more comfortable doing things that my body is used to doing - jumping, sprinting. I know on the transition with [Mercedes Russell], I hadn't run that fast in a really long time. The more I do, it's something that I'm really excited about - just pushing myself, stretching my potential every day. [Taking] the charge is growth for me."

Who is running this outfit. That is pathetic. But I understand Tenn fans have anointed her the one to bring them back to the promised land. Albany??? Qou Vadis?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Who is running this outfit. That is pathetic. But I understand Tenn fans have anointed her the one to bring them back to the promised land. Albany??? Qou Vadis?
I think we are seeing Diamond improving. She is still not fully healthy yet. She is running and moving better than after her first game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I think we are seeing Diamond improving. She is still not fully healthy yet. She is running and moving better than after her first game.

So my question is - if she is not 100% healthy, then why is she playing? And I'm not being sarcastic, I really would like to know.

To me, it makes no sense for her to play when not at 100%. Diamond could reinjure herself and be out for a longer period. When dealing with a person's physical well being, you don't take chances. This calls into question who is making this and other decisions?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
So my question is - if she is not 100% healthy, then why is she playing? And I'm not being sarcastic, I really would like to know.

To me, it makes no sense for her to play when not at 100%. Diamond could reinjure herself and be out for a longer period. When dealing with a person's physical well being, you don't take chances. This calls into question who is making this and other decisions?
She didn't play last year. So part of it is getting back into the flow of the game. The play were she ran down the court and took the ball way. Then ran the break and pass to Mercedes for a layup. Showed she is getting back to playing like the player we expect.
BTW today was a balanced attack in that nine players scored.

Reaction Score
With 17% of the regular season over, when does "it's very early" end?

Agree it was a balanced attack. About 50% Tenn, 50% Albany. TN strategy, count on Technical Fouls to put the game out of reach.

Massey has TN losing 6.93 games. But, so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom