Washington | The Boneyard

Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Time to move on form the ugliness we call the 2nd half of the Stanford game.

Actually this is a perfect test for the Huskies to see how they respond to the 20 minute debacle Wednesday. This Washington team has some very nice athletes and some length just like Stanford, very similar. I'm guessing they watched the game and are working vigorously on their zone as we speak. Also fully capable scorers with 4 guys at 11pts a game up to 20. I know they were beaten by BC and do not have a great resume but this is eerily similar to Stanford although I think they are actually as good if not better than the Cardinal, at least potentially.

Perfect game on the road to see how this team will respond and see the character of this team. Some people will really need to step up (not naming them but it's time and it's obvious) and prove their worth to this team and a time they are really needed. At this point 2 solid outings vs the West coast Huskies and Eastern Washington are really needed headed into the AAC campaign!

Let' s see who has all Ten Toes In on Sunday....it's time for some to put their big boy pants on or lose minutes in the rotation!!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Should be a good game. Last year it was tight, but we escaped after a few late 3's by Omar (if I remember correctly).

Reaction Score
Washington got blown out by Indiana the night before we played them. They lost at home by double digits early in the year to UC Irvine. I think it will be a tough game being on the road, but I think overall Stanford is a much better team that Washington.

Reaction Score
We all know by now teams play much better against us than others. We can throw out who beat who, and who's better than who. Our uniforms negates prior performances and any comparisons. We just bring out the best until we are able to put our foot on their necks.

The key to beating Washington is not let them build confidence, as they know we were rocked a little bit the other night, and may be vulnerable.

We got cut but we're not bleeding, don't let them smell blood is all I'm saying.

Reaction Score
don't know what to think, last year's game in Hartford was relatively easy, UConn led by as many as 14 pts in the 2nd half, Wash made a couple of runs to stop the bleeding but UConn was in control pretty much the entire 2nd half. This Wash team looks even worse than last year's version, but last year we also had Omar and Boat scoring, while this year neither can with any kind of ease. I expect them to respond with a better effort than the 2nd half of the Standford game but it will still be a tight game.

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Should be interesting to see how we do against the zone.

Reaction Score
Funny I was a bar watching Washington on one of the screens recently (that could explain it :oops:) and they looked much better than Stanford to me despite any scores I'm looking at thus far. By the way for all the people who want to compare them to Stanford, the Cardinal though a whopping 53 on us so really how good are they anyway? UConn sucked and had a shot........

Washington will not be easy!

Reaction Score
1. This UConn team is not playing as well as this UConn team played in the BE last year.
2. On the other hand, last year's UConn team struggled with the likes of Quinnipiac and others in the pre-conference schedule.
3. Last year's team improved.

Let's hope this Uconn team improves. If they do, they should be better than last year's team. And last year's team would have had a lot more success against Stanford than this year's team did.

The variables are that Shabazz, Boatright and Giffey are better, we have the addition of Kromah and Brimah, while Daniels and Calhoun are playing worse.

Remarkably, Nolan and Olander look as they did last year.

Reaction Score
1. This UConn team is not playing as well as this UConn team played in the BE last year.
2. On the other hand, last year's UConn team struggled with the likes of Quinnipiac and others in the pre-conference schedule.

Let's hope this Uconn team improves. If they do, they should be better than last year's team. And last year's team would have had a lot more success against Stanford than this year's team did.

The variables are that Shabazz, Boatright and Giffey are better, we have the addition of Kromah and Brimah, while Daniels and Calhoun are playing worse.

Boatright is playing under more control but I definitely wouldn't say he's a better player.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
We were all hoping for a big man to develop down low, but I don't see that happening. So we better rebound and take good shots from here on out because no one can rebound.

Reaction Score

I assume you meant to say that Boatright is playing worse and Daniels is better?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Im comparing them to last year. Daniels is not playing at the level he was at.
Daniels probably the same as last year except for that 4 game stretch to close the season.

Reaction Score
Daniels probably the same as last year except for that 4 game stretch to close the season.

He was on for a much longer than 4 game stretch. We haven't seen him popping from midrange yet. He's trying to get closer to the basket, but he's not taking advantage of the one skill that will probably land him in the NBA. And that's shooting over people from 15-18 feet. If he doesn't show that, he has no chance at the NBA.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He was on for a much longer than 4 game stretch. We haven't seen him popping from midrange yet. He's trying to get closer to the basket, but he's not taking advantage of the one skill that will probably land him in the NBA. And that's shooting over people from 15-18 feet. If he doesn't show that, he has no chance at the NBA.

That might change over the season. I've a feeling (I obviously don't KNOW) that KO is trying to establish DD down low, as we need some sort of interior scoring threat. He's capable of that. Hopefully DD balances the inside/midrange as we move along in the year.

Reaction Score
But what about Boat? You said he was playing better, he's clearly not.

Reaction Score
If this is considered a "test" then that is statement about how good UConn is or isn't.

U-dub blows.

Reaction Score

Are you talking about early in the season or later in the season? Because heading into the Washington game last season, Daniels was only averaging 10 points and 4 rebounds per game. This season, he's averaging 14 points, 5 rebounds per game, and 17 and 6 since the BU game.

As for Boatright, he's definitely regressed a bit (at least statistically speaking). His points, assists, and field goal percentage is all down.

Reaction Score
husky91 said:
If this is considered a "test" then that is statement about how good UConn is or isn't. U-dub blows.

I know given your posting history that you're champing at the bit for a loss, but anytime you fly across the country as a ranked team to play in some other BCS school's raucous gym it's not a gimme.

Reaction Score
But what about Boat? You said he was playing better, he's clearly not.

He's not shooting as well as he did last year, but he isn't turning it over at the same rate either.

Reaction Score
Are you talking about early in the season or later in the season? Because heading into the Washington game last season, Daniels was only averaging 10 points and 4 rebounds per game. This season, he's averaging 14 points, 5 rebounds per game, and 17 and 6 since the BU game.

As for Boatright, he's definitely regressed a bit (at least statistically speaking). His points, assists, and field goal percentage is all down.

I'm referring to the level he attained last season. That basically means that I expect him to build off the level he ended at.

Reaction Score
No, not quite, but U-W is not good. But with UConn's interior play teams will be able to stay close.

I know given your posting history that you're champing at the bit for a loss, but anytime you fly across the country as a ranked team to play in some other BCS school's raucous gym it's not a gimme.

Reaction Score
He's not shooting as well as he did last year, but he isn't turning it over at the same rate either.

1 TO less per game, but he's also playing 6 minutes less per game so far. These are Boat's shooting numbers vs power conference teams

vs MD, 4-12, 9pts
vs BC, 2-8, 9pts
vs IU, 2-9, 9pts
vs UF, 2-8, 9pts
vs Stan, 3-11, 7pts

with these numbers where is the argument that Boat is playing better? Boat would have to be averaging 10 assists a game to be able to sweep aside these numbers, and we know he ain't doing that. posters keep bagging on the frontcourt, and pointing out how slim the margin of error is for the team with no offense from the 5. We knew going in that we weren't going to have any offense from the 5 spot, I don't think anyone could've imagined heading into the season that Boat and Omar would be 2 main cogs dbl figure scoring cogs who so far have given us very little in big games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom