Warlick gets 1-year extension | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Warlick gets 1-year extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, bringing out some of the bad examples of the tit for tat juxtaposing the UT sites..... we could write War and Peace.

I will be happy when hoops season starts and we see a lot less of the silliness.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I think it's incredibly childish and feeble to go dig up a man's post from MONTHS ago just to dispute a post. I've had an account here and was pretty active before I was lambasted for not kissing some poster's.and heavily defending the ridiculous criticism of DD and Pat on this board. When I decided to give it up a little I started to lurk on Vol Nation more and found it quite interesting that there are quite a few boneyard posters that go between both boards saying contridicting statements. Let's not just jump on Boxer because to me it seems like he was baited into criticism by a poster here who has spewed contridicting statements on both boards as well.

Naw, just garden-variety hypocrisy and dishonesty.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
O and btw I hope Holly has a wonderful season with NO injuries to IMPORTANT KEY players.....if that happens we shall return to a FF. Congratsssssss on the 1 year extension! :)

How much ya wanna bet?

Reaction Score
I never have been a backer of Holly's coaching acumen, but I am with you AVF, i hope she has a good season..... and I hope you make it to the FF yes..... part of reason I hope for this of course, is that we get to play you, cause it will not happen in regular season of course..

I was just wondering, and it is a bit off topic, but how committed is Dave Hart to WCBB at UT..... I know he is a football guy and he doesn't care to the extent his predecessors did..... but is the future bright with him at the helm?

Reaction Score
I never have been a backer of Holly's coaching acumen, but I am with you AVF, i hope she has a good season..... and I hope you make it to the FF yes..... part of reason I hope for this of course, is that we get to play you, cause it will not happen in regular season of course..

I was just wondering, and it is a bit off topic, but how committed is Dave Hart to WCBB at UT..... I know he is a football guy and he doesn't care to the extent his predecessors did..... but is the future bright with him at the helm?
Idk....I don't really feel any type of way with the Hart situation so I don't speak on it....and thank you Bay, if you're being sincere....I appreciate that!

Reaction Score
I'm amazed at the number of injuries your vols have endured in recent years. You'd think that having a superb strength & conditioning staff of Jenny Moshak and Heather Mason would have kept the roster in excellent condition.

And yes, congrats to Holly on her contract extension. We UConn fans are happy to see Holly leading the team for many years to come.
Well I'm glad you all are happy for us....we certainly appreciate it! :)

Reaction Score
Idk....I don't really feel any type of way with the Hart situation so I don't speak on it....and thank you Bay, if you're being sincere....I appreciate that!

Ya was indeed being sincere.... I have found all my DH info from your boards.... and i kinda know the answer to my own question.... but i always corroborate.......

well despite loss yesterday..... Butch has UT football coming back and hopefully for you, WCBB will follow.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I wish before his eventual retirement, Geno would stand down as an associate head coach for 2-3 years, while Shea Ralph (or someone he trusts) runs the ship. That way we will have smooth transition. I am under the impression that this idea has been floated in the BY earlier.

This lousy idea was floated briefly but quickly sank to the bottom of the sea. A violation of the principle of displacement, I believe.:eek:

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
At least in Men's Basketball, a one year extension for a coach is the kiss of death!
Very hard to recruit if the coach is not under contract for at least 3 years. The pressure will certainly be on for Coach Warlick this year!

Reaction Score
Holly isn't Pat Summitt, and with Vol fans those are huge boots to fill. It's an up hill battle when you follow someone who many consider a legend and recruiting wasn't as it had been. 550,000 per annum you can live really well in Knoxville on that.
When the time comes for Shea to take over from Geno she too will find a bit tough, albeit not as tough because fans feel they know Shea from childhood.

Problem with certain teams is that they often get top talent but fail to achieve as much as is expected. A one-year extension is not exactly a vote of undying confidence. If Warlick continues to disappoint the high Vol expectations, the first available coach with some promise is likely to head to TN.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Did you ever see "Double Indemnity" with Edward G. Robinson ? He plays an insurance adjuster named Barton Keyes that reviews insurance claims that come into his office. Here's an exchange Keyes has with someone who has submitted a dubious claim.

Keyes: Every month, hundreds of claims come to this desk. Some of them are phonies. And I know which ones. How do I know? Because my little man tells me.
Garlopis: What little man?
Keyes: The little man in here. Every time one of these phonies comes along, it ties knots in my stomach. I can't eat.
You can't have it both ways.

Shame on you RVWS. How can you hold opponents' fans accountable for all of the rabidly anti-UConn rantings they post on their home sites? That's like so anti-privacy, almost akin to monitoring their visits to foot fetish site. If you're an Irish fan you are certainly going to choke up the usual Husky slams on Muffet's board and feel completely self righteous about it even while playing a supposedly reasonable poster on the BY. And Summitt and VN fans have had a hallowed decades-old role on the BY of trawling for trollish material that they can twist it around and feed it to the orangeers and stoke the anti "Gino" rants. That's their sole purpose in their so-called lives. Why spank the puppy for playing the "When in Crete, do as . . . ." role?

As to armchair on VN, he is indeed the most wonderful of UConn fan creations. The doggedly patient reasonable and indomitable dispenser of facts on a site that just does not know how to deal with such foreign and dangerous stuff. Just beautiful.

Reaction Score
Problem with certain teams is that they often get top talent but fail to achieve as much as is expected. A one-year extension is not exactly a vote of undying confidence. If Warlick continues to disappoint the high Vol expectations, the first available coach with some promise is likely to head to TN.

To be clear the one year extension and raise is in addition to the remaining 3 years on her current contract. Holly isn't in any trouble of losing her job.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Tenn was a great defensive team last year. . . . .
I guess UTenn maybe could be considered a "great defensive team" last year, which is kind of a sad state of affairs since they were ranked 61st in FG% defense, but I guess that passes for great these days. Now even in old Coach Pat's final years, anything but at least a top 20 shooting defense would have been considered indefensible and a reason to scream that the Vol players were getting lax on the court. But after Holly came in and the ranking for shooting defense soared into the 100s, a 61st ranking is I guess now really great.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. But it is nice that the greatest chair flinging coach of his time had a deep admiration for the best clipboard smasher ever. Like minds think alike.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
This thread and trying to read through it is a complete mess. I did a get a few good laughs out of it though.

Reaction Score

Oh I disagree... I think UT is pretty happy with Holly.....

And I must say this about their defense.... it is great when compared to the offense.... but I remember seeing on this forum last week something someone pointed out.... Tenn's different defensive schemes including their press, worked very well - until they got to the Elite 8 level of competition..... then not so well.....

I think they have the horses..... with all the ability..... think they need some of that vintage Pat S fire inside.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Oh I disagree... I think UT is pretty happy with Holly.....

And I must say this about their defense.... it is great when compared to the offense.... but I remember seeing on this forum last week something someone pointed out.... Tenn's different defensive schemes including their press, worked very well - until they got to the Elite 8 level of competition..... then not so well.....

I think they have the horses..... with all the ability..... think they need some of that vintage Pat S fire inside.

Think you should take another look at the team and the jersey you have us believe you are wearing.

Reaction Score
Think you should take another look at the team and the jersey you have us believe you are wearing.

Oh geez, can I send copy of my degree to you??!!!

Ya, I have been known to be wrong before, this wouldn't be the first time..... and for the record, i do not care what others believe I am, but i do care what others believe.... i love hearing the different opinions, including yours..... your opinion is appreciated!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom