Warlick gets 1-year extension | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Warlick gets 1-year extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
We have already seen a little bit of this year's team. Even though Graves and DeShields didn't play in Italy. I thought the team played well. Having Jones back will help with her defense and athletic ability. Russell looked good and better than her freshman year. Cooper I think will be a big time player. Once the season starts we will know a little more.

Reaction Score
I assume that Alydar was talking about the starting 5 (Stewie, Tuck, KML, Nurse and Jefferson) plus Stokes.

Yes. And I have a lot of respect for Harrison and how she played last year. As a matter of fact I also think that Warlick deserved consideration for COY.

Reaction Score
Yes. And I have a lot of respect for Harrison and how she played last year. As a matter of fact I also think that Warlick deserved consideration for COY.

Wow. Consideration for COY. Coach of the Year? Which year are we talking about.... certainly not last year..... !!! Example of coaching ineffectiveness ...... RSHERMVIKES comments about Ariel and the team not listening to the coaches underlines a big problem here.... I remember also a game last year.... (I wish I could remember the exact game).... TN was getting hit hard in the first half and was down.... during a timeout, the players suggested to CHW that they should be playing zone defense and not the man to man they had started the game with..... the defense was changed and TN came back in the game.....

I still do not understand the platform of success Holly is given credit for.... she has not had a signature win in 4 years in charge of the program.... (please correct me if wrong)_ and if your contention is "well, Holly has done a great job considering injuries" .... the injuries haven't been there in every game...... and yes it is tough taking over for a legend..... but time for Holly to take training wheels off.... and raise the bar if only a little bit. Having said all this, I prefer, as UC fan, that she stays where she is..... and Dave Hart has made sure that will happen

Reaction Score
Wow. Consideration for COY. Coach of the Year? Which year are we talking about.... certainly not last year..... !!! Example of coaching ineffectiveness . RSHERMVIKES comments about Ariel and the team not listening to the coaches underlines a big problem here.... I remember also a game last year.... (I wish I could remember the exact game).... TN was getting hit hard in the first half and was down.... during a timeout, the players suggested to CHW that they should be playing zone defense and not the man to man they had started the game with..... the defense was changed and TN came back in the game.....

I still do not understand the platform of success Holly is given credit for.... she has not had a signature win in 4 years in charge of the program.... (please correct me if wrong)_ and if your contention is "well, Holly has done a great job considering injuries" .... the injuries haven't been there in every game. and yes it is tough taking over for a legend..... but time for Holly to take training wheels off.... and raise the bar if only a little bit. Having said all this, I prefer, as UC fan, that she stays where she is..... and Dave Hart has made sure that will happen

My comment is based on her taking her team to the E8 after losing her best scorer and rebounder late in the season. Up until last year I had questioned her ability to inspire. Tenn did more with less last year. I give the credit to the head coach. I didn't say she should have won the COY, only that she deserved consideration.

Reaction Score
Alydar I understand your thoughts..... where i am coming from..... and i do not want to sound like a broken record.... but the explanation about the injuries..... she went into the Maryland game with 6 healthy McDonalds All Americans at her disposal.... Maryland had 3. I just do not see how TN was in such an uphill fight vs the Terps.... Earlier this thread I had cited an example of her calling for only a 3 point shot with a minute to go in that game and down by 3.... foregoing a simple 2 point gimme..... that is not adept coaching in my opinion..... it should be score points and then stop the opposition or stop the clock. . again i am not bashing her, but have yet to see any bonafides in her 4 year head coaching stint.....

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Alydar I understand your thoughts..... where i am coming from..... and i do not want to sound like a broken record.... but the explanation about the injuries..... she went into the Maryland game with 6 healthy McDonalds All Americans at her disposal.... Maryland had 3. I just do not see how TN was in such an uphill fight vs the Terps.... Earlier this thread I had cited an example of her calling for only a 3 point shot with a minute to go in that game and down by 3.... foregoing a simple 2 point gimme..... that is not adept coaching in my opinion..... it should be score points and then stop the opposition or stop the clock. . again i am not bashing her, but have yet to see any bonafides in her 4 year head coaching stint.....

You are correct we had more McD's AA vs the Terps...but none of them could fully guard the bigs that the Terps had by themselves because we really didn't have any bigs that were available to play besides Graves who is not that big. Burdick, while having some size, is really not a big. Thus, it made UT double much more often with our guards helping out way too much, leaving a shooter open for the Terps. I'm making no excuses for the loss...IMO we still should have won but to say we were the CLEAR favorite is a bit of a stretch. It doesn't matter how many AA's you have when a lot of them are trying to play out of position.

Reaction Score
Alydar,,,,, well said and I am in agreement with you .... that positionally UT was at a disadvantage due to injuries......

Overall I am less sympathetic.... i.e. I have always thought that Holly and her staff could squeeze much more juice out of the orange, so to speak.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I never saw that you "liked" my comments :(
Wait a sec choc, I have liked your comments as well as ucmiami. I also defended you on volnation when some of the posters were being ugly to you and ucmiami.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Choc, awhile back you started a thread on volnation called "not a word about the 50 point blow out", which was referencing uconn's dominant performance over texas. I defended you against posters who attacked your post with this reply:

"I didn't think daddychocs post was rubbing anything in. What uconn did to Texas was a first in sweet 16 history. Quite an achievement. Besides, he congratulated us on our comeback win and it was sincere. I've followed his posts over on the boneyard and I've never seen him/her take pot shots at our program.

I just wonder how we would be able to hang with uconn other than wishing they have a bad shooting night. I was thinking maybe if they slow it down, WAY down and use almost the whole shot clock on each possession."

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
And if others from the boneyard have posted recently on volnation, I really haven't been on there recently..I'm just now starting to get back into the swing of things in relation to WCBB

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
You are correct we had more McD's AA vs the Terps...but none of them could fully guard the bigs that the Terps had by themselves because we really didn't have any bigs that were available to play besides Graves who is not that big. Burdick, while having some size, is really not a big. Thus, it made UT double much more often with our guards helping out way too much, leaving a shooter open for the Terps. I'm making no excuses for the loss...IMO we still should have won but to say we were the CLEAR favorite is a bit of a stretch. It doesn't matter how many AA's you have when a lot of them are trying to play out of position.

L. Brown killed us with those 2nd half wide open three's

Reaction Score
L. Brown killed us with those 2nd half wide open three's

Tenn's defensive strength was their press and halfcourt traps. Those work well against lesser teams but by the time the E8 rolls around the teams left have too much talent for those tactics. Tenn was forced to compromise their perimeter defense in order to help in the paint. Brown made them pay. That's what elite teams do.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Wait a sec choc, I have liked your comments as well as ucmiami. I also defended you on volnation when some of the posters were being ugly to you and ucmiami.
I was joking, I could care less about "likes" etc. or what anyone post. I dont track comments on any board... you're cool in my book, stick around

Reaction Score
And if others from the boneyard have posted recently on volnation, I really haven't been on there recently..I'm just now starting to get back into the swing of things in relation to WCBB
From what I've heard, UConn fans, unless they are willing to praise the Lady Vols, aren't tolerated on Volnation. I do know of one poster on Volnation that was permanently banned with no warning, for defending UConn against nasty anti UConn comments. So, you're probably not going to see a lot of UConn visitors posting over there.

I am surprised that "armchair" is tolerated, as he often dampens the enthusiasm on VN.

Reaction Score
Choc, awhile back you started a thread on volnation called "not a word about the 50 point blow out", which was referencing uconn's dominant performance over texas. I defended you against posters who attacked your post with this reply:

"I didn't think daddychocs post was rubbing anything in. What uconn did to Texas was a first in sweet 16 history. Quite an achievement. Besides, he congratulated us on our comeback win and it was sincere. I've followed his posts over on the boneyard and I've never seen him/her take pot shots at our program.

I just wonder how we would be able to hang with uconn other than wishing they have a bad shooting night. I was thinking maybe if they slow it down, WAY down and use almost the whole shot clock on each possession."

Did you ever see "Double Indemnity" with Edward G. Robinson ? He plays an insurance adjuster named Barton Keyes that reviews insurance claims that come into his office. Here's an exchange Keyes has with someone who has submitted a dubious claim.

Keyes: Every month, hundreds of claims come to this desk. Some of them are phonies. And I know which ones. How do I know? Because my little man tells me.
Garlopis: What little man?
Keyes: The little man in here. Every time one of these phonies comes along, it ties knots in my stomach. I can't eat.

Well, this weekend, my own little man has been working overtime.

I probably wouldn't have responded to the "I also appreciate the UCONN fans who take the time to post there (volnation). They make very interesting observations and cool points.." quote of yours if you had stopped there. But you couldn't help yourself and when you insisted on going into detail of your defense of DC and UCMiami, I had to reply.
The following are a couple of quotes of yours that appeared in the thread titled "Does UCONN even deserve a regular season series with Tennessee." which you authored and which occurred a couple of month's after your defense of those UConn fans.
"Pat helped Geno become what he is today, but just like his fans, the man is ungrateful and has made the laughable assertion that Tennessee apologize for his recruiting violations. I think the only way a series can resume is for GENO to apologize, not only for his underhanded recruitment tactics, but also the way he treated Pat and the program for years."
And then there's this complete sentence the occurs in a later post of yours in the same thread "UCONN is a dirty program with almost no integrity."
So, help me and my little man with this. Should I believe that you "appreciate the UCONN fans who take the time to post there" or should I trust my little man who says beware of the poster who is disdainful of UConn fans and wrote "Pat helped Geno become what he is today, but just like his fans, the man is ungrateful ..." and ""UCONN is a dirty program with almost no integrity." You can't have it both ways.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Did you ever see "Double Indemnity" with Edward G. Robinson ? He plays an insurance adjuster named Barton Keyes that reviews insurance claims that come into his office. Here's an exchange Keyes has with someone who has submitted a dubious claim.

Keyes: Every month, hundreds of claims come to this desk. Some of them are phonies. And I know which ones. How do I know? Because my little man tells me.
Garlopis: What little man?
Keyes: The little man in here. Every time one of these phonies comes along, it ties knots in my stomach. I can't eat.

Well, this weekend, my own little man has been working overtime.

I probably wouldn't have responded to the "I also appreciate the UCONN fans who take the time to post there (volnation). They make very interesting observations and cool points.." quote of yours if you had stopped there. But you couldn't help yourself and when you insisted on going into detail of your defense of DC and UCMiami, I had to reply.
The following are a couple of quotes of yours that appeared in the thread titled "Does UCONN even deserve a regular season series with Tennessee." which you authored and which occurred a couple of month's after your defense of those UConn fans.
"Pat helped Geno become what he is today, but just like his fans, the man is ungrateful and has made the laughable assertion that Tennessee apologize for his recruiting violations. I think the only way a series can resume is for GENO to apologize, not only for his underhanded recruitment tactics, but also the way he treated Pat and the program for years."
And then there's this complete sentence the occurs in a later post of yours in the same thread "UCONN is a dirty program with almost no integrity."
So, help me and my little man with this. Should I believe that you "appreciate the UCONN fans who take the time to post there" or should I trust my little man who says beware of the poster who is disdainful of UConn fans and wrote "Pat helped Geno become what he is today, but just like his fans, the man is ungrateful ..." and ""UCONN is a dirty program with almost no integrity." You can't have it both ways.

Bravisimo!!! x 7. Those of us who lurk on Volnation for amusement know exactly what boxer and his ilk are all about. While I can understand how no one would want to call Volnation home, some should just stay there.

Reaction Score
I think it's incredibly childish and feeble to go dig up a man's post from MONTHS ago just to dispute a post. I've had an account here and was pretty active before I was lambasted for not kissing some poster's......and heavily defending the ridiculous criticism of DD and Pat on this board. When I decided to give it up a little I started to lurk on Vol Nation more and found it quite interesting that there are quite a few boneyard posters that go between both boards saying contridicting statements. Let's not just jump on Boxer because to me it seems like he was baited into criticism by a poster here who has spewed contridicting statements on both boards as well.

Reaction Score
O and btw I hope Holly has a wonderful season with NO injuries to IMPORTANT KEY players.....if that happens we shall return to a FF. Congratsssssss on the 1 year extension! :)

Reaction Score
oh boy :oops:

Don't you mean

8BqcV.gif

Reaction Score
I think it's incredibly childish and feeble to go dig up a man's post from MONTHS ago just to dispute a post. I've had an account here and was pretty active before I was lambasted for not kissing some poster's.and heavily defending the ridiculous criticism of DD and Pat on this board. When I decided to give it up a little I started to lurk on Vol Nation more and found it quite interesting that there are quite a few boneyard posters that go between both boards saying contridicting statements. Let's not just jump on Boxer because to me it seems like he was baited into criticism by a poster here who has spewed contridicting statements on both boards as well.

You're entitled to your opinion. I was following in Boxer's footsteps when I brought up his post from June. He used a thread from April as an example of his defending UConn fans on volnation. I'm curious as to why he can use a 5 month old post as an example but I can't use one that's 3 month's old ? Stop making excuses for him. No one forced him to post those comments.
Tell me, do you think it's ok for someone to pose as a friend of those whose team's board he's posting on then goes back to his home team's board and posts derogatory comments about both the other team and it's fans ? Somehow, I don't think you would let that pass if it was your team that was being severely criticised.

Reaction Score
Let's not just jump on Boxer because to me it seems like he was baited into criticism by a poster here who has spewed contridicting statements on both boards as well.

Baited?

He started the thread and used these words ... I think the only way a series can resume is for GENO to apologize, not only for his underhanded recruitment tactics, but also the way he treated Pat and the program for years , in his opening post.

If anything it was boxerpup who did the baiting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
O and btw I hope Holly has a wonderful season with NO injuries to IMPORTANT KEY players.....if that happens we shall return to a FF. Congratsssssss on the 1 year extension! :)
I'm amazed at the number of injuries your vols have endured in recent years. You'd think that having a superb strength & conditioning staff of Jenny Moshak and Heather Mason would have kept the roster in excellent condition.

And yes, congrats to Holly on her contract extension. We UConn fans are happy to see Holly leading the team for many years to come.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Baited?

He started the thread and used these words ... I think the only way a series can resume is for GENO to apologize, not only for his underhanded recruitment tactics, but also the way he treated Pat and the program for years , in his opening post.

If anything it was boxerpup who did the baiting.

Screen-shot-2015-03-25-at-3.15.31-PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89