Warde Still Fighting To Get UConn Into 2013 BET (Katz) | The Boneyard

Warde Still Fighting To Get UConn Into 2013 BET (Katz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Good. He should. They should let is in. It's a complete miscarriage of justice that we were banned in the first place.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's good news. I thought the China trip might have taken this off the table. UConn has been punished enough. This will be the last blast for all intents and purposes, UConn deserves to be a part of it as the greatest program in Big East history.

Reaction Score
It's pretty simple. Forget conference realignment, APR, and everything else, this is about the Big East not wanting to risk losing its automatic tourny bid. The fact that Uconn seems to be a legitimate threat to knock off good teams (we already have) makes it even less likely that we'll be allowed in.

Reaction Score
Would be awesome if we are allowed. Yeah really the last one. A damn shame. If we are not allowed will we still be allotted tix? Anyone know?

Reaction Score
Maybe this has been explained somewhere and just flew over my head, but why not include UConn in the tournament with the proviso that they can't get the automatic bid? So if we win the other team in the championship game gets the bid.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Warde to every rat leaving the titanic: "Before we talk about any credits or exit fee disbursements, a good faith effort in rescinding the unjust, ex post facto, conference tournament ban needs to happen. If we can't trust you to do the right thing on this, then as the sole remaining member of the original BE, we may need to explore our options to protect our interests regarding the dissolution of the conference."

Cliffs: Stop being complete asses or we'll make your exit as difficult as possible.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
It's pretty simple. Forget conference realignment, APR, and everything else, this is about the Big East not wanting to risk losing its automatic tourny bid. The fact that Uconn seems to be a legitimate threat to knock off good teams (we already have) makes it even less likely that we'll be allowed in.

I'm not sure why the auto-bid topic comes up every time we have this BET discussion. IF we won the BET, we wouldn't be costing another team a bid.

Bottom Line: The BE auto-bid has never gone to a team that wasn't already going to get an at-large bid. A team off the bubble isn't going to beat a string of top teams to win the BET and a team on the bubble will get an at-large just by making it to the BET final (or the semi-final if they're that close).

Reaction Score
Maybe this has been explained somewhere and just flew over my head, but why not include UConn in the tournament with the proviso that they can't get the automatic bid? So if we win the other team in the championship game gets the bid.

The team that lost in the semi's to UConn would have as big a gripe as the champ loser.

Reaction Score
Isn't conference policy determined solely by USF, UCONN and Cincy, for now? Why isn't there a new vote to reinstate us for the tourney? I can't believe that it wouldn't be a 3-0 vote for.

No. Of course not. Matters for any particular season are (as they should be) voted on by the members for that season.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why the auto-bid topic comes up every time we have this BET discussion. IF we won the BET, we wouldn't be costing another team a bid.

Bottom Line: The BE auto-bid has never gone to a team that wasn't already going to get an at-large bid. A team off the bubble isn't going to beat a string of top teams to win the BET and a team on the bubble will get an at-large just by making it to the BET final (or the semi-final if they're that close).

I think Syracuse is 05' was a below-bubble team when Jerry MacNamara decided to not miss 3's.

Reaction Score
No. Of course not. Matters for any particular season are (as they should be) voted on by the members for that season.

It depends on the by-laws. The vote to ban UConn from the BET took place in May. We know that the rules can't be voted on by members who announced intentions to leave. So, who knows who has the authority here.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
It depends on the by-laws. The vote to ban UConn from the BET took place in May. We know that the rules can't be voted on by members who announced intentions to leave. So, who knows who has the authority here.

I think only UConn, Cincinnati, and USF do. But I'm not sure about Temple (since they joined in football and basketball next year).

Reaction Score
I think Syracuse is 05' was a below-bubble team when Jerry MacNamara decided to not miss 3's.

After they beat us in the Thursday game they were all but assured in, the extra 2 games were just for seeding at that point.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
After they beat us in the Thursday game they were all but assured in, the extra 2 games were just for seeding at that point.

I mean what a waste. You win 3 close games and then get destroyed in the first round. Talk about not winning in March.

AtlHusky

Reaction Score

You prolly mean 'Cuse in 2006 as they were outside looking in going into the BET. Then they rolled off wins against Cincy, us and Gtown, and were 22-11 by the time they reached the BE final vs Pitt with 4 wins (Pitt was their 5th) over top 25 teams.

Reaction Score

Voting on this year's basketball operations is separated from long term matters. Departing schools don't have a say in the latter. They are not excluded from the former (UConn, Cincy and USF can't decide they only play home games unilaterally.)

Reaction Score

The thing is what if it does happen? That is why they need to protect themselves and there is no chance the ban is not lifted. I hate the decision but it is what the Big East has to do, especially with the all the pie they have had in their face the last year or so, they cannot risk having anymore thrown all over them.

AtlHusky

Reaction Score
The thing is what if it does happen? That is why they need to protect themselves and there is no chance the ban is not lifted. I hate the decision but it is what the Big East has to do, especially with the all the pie they have had in their face the last year or so, they cannot risk having anymore thrown all over them.

Do you think they really have to protect themselves against something that has never happened before? AND has a very low probability of ever happening? Do you really think the BE powers that be have to guard against the chance that PC/SJU/SHU/DePaul might win BET this year?

They may have other reasons to keep UConn out of the BET, but this is not one of them.

Reaction Score
Voting on this year's basketball operations is separated from long term matters. Departing schools don't have a say in the latter. They are not excluded from the former (UConn, Cincy and USF can't decide they only play home games unilaterally.)

You're probably right. But this is the BE we're talking about. Rules about scheduling and game play aren't necessarily in the same category or even in the bylaws as rules about probation and affiliation might be.

Reaction Score
Do you think they really have to protect themselves against something that has never happened before? AND has a very low probability of ever happening? Do you really think the BE powers that be have to guard against the chance that PC/SJU/SHU/DePaul might win BET this year?

They may have other reasons to keep UConn out of the BET, but this is not one of them.

Yes they really do. I am not sure why you do not get this, it is very very simple. It is a very very slim chance that your house is going to burn down but you still have insurance for it right?

Good thing you do work in insurance or as an attorney. You always have to protect yourself no matter how small the risk is.

AtlHusky

Reaction Score
Yes they really do. I am not sure why you do not get this, it is very very simple. It is a very very slim chance that your house is going to burn down but you still have insurance for it right?

Good thing you do work in insurance or as an attorney. You always have to protect yourself no matter how small the risk is.

My house is made of wood and I have fire in my house, therefore I have fire insurance. My house is not insured (that I know of) against being sucked up by an alien space ship.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If it is true that only us Cinci and USF can vote, Suzie ought to be on the phone to them to let them know that we'll view their yes vote a huge marker in their favor. If I am Cinci or USF president, I'd vote with CT in a heartbeat. It costs me nothing and gets me a valuable ally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom