Warde & Herbst Legacy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Warde & Herbst Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What on earth does Rutgers bring to any conference?

Based on that alone, the decision making process would seem to be random and chaotic.

The Big didn't become the richest conference by being random and chaotic. The combination of Maryland and Rutgers will help shore up TV sets from DC to the GWB.

There are 7 million people in Jersey. How many in DC? Add in a portion of NYC if they can get it, and this move makes a lot of sense if they can get the BTN out to that population.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The four most influential people in UConn: John Toner (the vision to position and accept a membership in northeast basketball conference in hopes that it could compete on a more national level), .

I always get a kick out of this one. UConn wasn't even one of the 1st schools asked to join. Why weren't we? Toner was asleep at the switch. What if Holy Cross had said "yes". We'd be UMass.

Corny should get this spot. Because of his play as a frosh, UConn looked to be the regional power in New England for the then-future.

Reaction Score
I think you are right. I hope you are right.

However Warde has shown us cause for concern since Calhoun retired and Pasqualoni has **** the bed.

My impression is that he is balking from making big decisions. I hope my impression is wrong.
How exactly is he "...balking from making big decisions." Because he doesn't make emotional decisions in the time frame you expect? Why don't we let them run the School and Department and those of us who have no clue as to what it takes to do their jobs sit back and hope for the best (or if you're hell bent on looking at a half empty glass, expect the worst).

Reaction Score
How exactly is he "...balking from making big decisions." Because he doesn't make emotional decisions in the time frame you expect? Why don't we let them run the School and Department and those of us who have no clue as to what it takes to do their jobs sit back and hope for the best (or if you're hell bent on looking at a half empty glass, expect the worst).

Read the posts. I am to lazy to type it all again, or quote myself via iPad.

Reaction Score
Read the posts. I am to lazy to type it all again, or quote myself via iPad.
I have, and I trust that they are well aware of the situations they currently have to deal with.

I believe that WM is aware of the consequences related to the decision he has have made with Ollie and its obvious that he needs more than a 5 game sample size to finalize it in his mind not his heart.

I also trust that they both are doing whatever they can to put UConn in the best possible position to be selected. Reality may have to set in for some people that we may not be as desirable as we all like to think we are. The college sporting world knows of the athletics at UConn, they know of our academics, they know the market we are in, they are aware of our fanbase home and traveling numbers. This whole thing kinda came out of nowhere, it started less than a week ago as a rumor and has came to fruition in that little time. I don't get the unrealistic demands and expectations fans have in this situation.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I have, and I trust that they are well aware of the situations they currently have to deal with.

I believe that WM is aware of the consequences related to the decision he has have made with Ollie and its obvious that he needs more than a 5 game sample size to finalize it in his mind not his heart.

I also trust that they both are doing whatever they can to put UConn in the best possible position to be selected. Reality may have to set in for some people that we may not be as desirable as we all like to think we are. The college sporting world knows of the athletics at UConn, they know of our academics, they know the market we are in, they are aware of our fanbase home and traveling numbers. This whole thing kinda came out of nowhere, it started less than a week ago as a rumor and has came to fruition in that little time. I don't get the unrealistic demands and expectations fans have in this situation.
stop with logic already... light your hair on fire an do the monkey run with the rest of us!

Reaction Score
stop with logic already... light your hair on fire an do the monkey run with the rest of us!
I can tell you right now, don't have enough hair left to have a good fire but I could use a good monkey run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom