Vodka | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vodka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Surprised no one has mentioned Platinum. Smooth and inexpensive. IMO better than Tito, Kirkland, Grey Goose and any other I have tried to date. Used to drink Martinis, but now enjoy just straight Vodka.

Did that change to "just straight vodka" begin about the time of the Yale game? :eek: lol

Reaction Score
I drink a fair amount of gin, so virtually any vodka comes across smooth. The vodkas that frequent my house are Ketel One, Russian Standard, Grey Goose, Tito's and Reyka, pretty much in that order.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Kirkland. It's amazing - grab a bottle and do a blind taste test with 2 of your other favorites.

Reaction Score
Belvedere for martini-but try Crop Meyer Lemon for a lemon flavored vodka with a splash of soda-incredibly good

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Which, the fancy or the cheap?
My wife and I both did the test with Kirkland, Gray Goose, Ketel, Smirnoff and Skyy. Did it for the first time about 6-7 years ago, and then again last year.

We picked Kirkland each time. It has a smooth and velvety quality that separates it from the others.

I suspect Ketel drinkers won't love it all that much. Ketel's good, but distinctly "spicy" for lack of a better word. That's why, I think, it's so perfect for dirty martinis.

Reaction Score
Luksusowa is a polish potato vodka, real nice taste and easy on the budget.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My wife and I both did the test with Kirkland, Gray Goose, Ketel, Smirnoff and Skyy. Did it for the first time about 6-7 years ago, and then again last year.

We picked Kirkland each time. It has a smooth and velvety quality that separates it from the others.

I suspect Ketel drinkers won't love it all that much. Ketel's good, but distinctly "spicy" for lack of a better word. That's why, I think, it's so perfect for dirty martinis.

If you're saying that you did the test 6-7 years ago, then I'm thinking your are referring to the less expensive Kirkland, and not the (purported private label Gray Goose) premium price version. Correct?

Matrim55

Reaction Score
If you're saying that you did the test 6-7 years ago, then I'm thinking your are referring to the less expensive Kirkland, and not the (purported private label Gray Goose) premium price version. Correct?
No - I used the Gray Goose-style one both times. The first time we'd even heard of it was because the cashier chastised us for buying Goose in the first place, and then explained about Kirkland.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That 1st half saw me swigging Ketel from the bottle. I highly recommend it.

EDIT: Who cares about brand...just swig something

Reaction Score
Anyone try Onyx Moonshine yet? I haven't but I'll try anything once.

Reaction Score
RE:" Grey Goose " Kirkland vodka. It is not a private label GG. The grain used in the Kirkland is grown in the GG Region and presumably has the same characteristics as GG. It is still good stuff, but not as good as Platinum, IMO.

Reaction Score
Tito's is my new go to. Smoother and better tasting than goose, kettle, russian standard, absolut, etc...love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom