Vivian Stringer's Post Game Press Conference - Video | The Boneyard

Vivian Stringer's Post Game Press Conference - Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Has any1 found the links for all the NCAA Tournament Post Game Press Conferences?

Wow, C-Viv really comes across as a class act here! Has she mellowed or have some of us BY'ers been a little too hard on her in the past?

Reaction Score
Wow, C-Viv really comes across as a class act here! Has she mellowed or have some of us BY'ers been a little too hard on her in the past?

Maybe both.

Reaction Score
Who are you, and what have you done with Coach Stringer???

Seriously, a very classy and articulate presser, whether discussing UCONN or her own team.

Reaction Score
Excellent post-game comments from coach Stringer. I have a newly-found, great respect for her as she effusively praised both her kids (pay attention McCallie) and her opponent after what was obviously a very disappointing (though not unexpected) loss. Good luck to the Scarlet Knights program in the years ahead.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Because of how her teams play many are under the assumption that she is not a nice person. She is a very nice person and has had some hardship in her life but unfortunately it is hard to like her when her teams try to mug and maim our best players. Ironically, her players were the worse for wear yesterday.

Reaction Score
Well she did say she has to recruit better fighters, uh I mean players.:eek:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Props also to Betnijah Laney , who was up there taking questions after her final game in uniform. Though the loss was not unexpected, it is never an easy thing.

I still can remember Kelly and Maya up at the podium after the ND loss in the final four. Easily my most painful memory of her time at UCONN.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That was an excellent press conference and most coaches could take a lesson from it. I have always respected her post game comments (with that one exception) but this was the most eloquently I have heard her speak. I do hope Rutgers continues to improve.

And while the play physically, I have seldom had an issue with 'intent' with her players - it has been physical battles over the years but it has always been basketball.

Reaction Score
Excellent!! Every current and prospective UConn player should watch this press conference. It should be broken down like game film. Nuggets and gems. "It's the system." "They're all great passers." "She's like Bird, but faster
." This coming from a Hall of Fame coach.

HGN

Reaction Score
Excellent post game press conference by Coach Stringer. Excellent answers to all questions and gave credit where credit was due.

I wish her and the Rutgers team much success in the Big-10.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
CViv gets an A++++ for this press conference.

But more important, there is no doubt of the sincerity of her remarks. All the best to Rutgers in the future.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I give RU and Stringer a lot of credit. They were seriously undermanned esp with their starting PG injured. Imagine losing Jefferson for the year. They played hard and kept it close for a while. And she was really supportive of her players and their effort. Well done Viv!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And Hollivay was playing on one wheel the whole game - someone in the game thread was criticizing her for not getting up and down the floor - I was impressed that she managed to play 21 minutes - especially after having the already injured leg rolled up on early in the first half - real warrior stuff.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have a link to the UConn post game press conference?

Reaction Score
Coach Stringer has always been a classy lady. This is just another example. That was a great press conference though.

Reaction Score
Thank you Coach Stringer for the wonderful comments about our UCONN Huskies! Very classy post game comments and I was so happy to see Essence on the court. Best of luck

Reaction Score
Coach Stringer stands head and shoulders above so many of the other former Big East coaches. A passionate straight shooter.

JS

Reaction Score
The love for her players shines through.

For the first time I understand how she is much more to them than just a coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom