Vivian Stringer's Post Game Press Conference - Video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vivian Stringer's Post Game Press Conference - Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boy has she mellowed over the last few years. I hope she stays healthy and has fun at RU........

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
This woman has been through more personal struggles, hardship, sacrifice and gut-wrenching loss than most people will ever know. After reading her book, you won't feel like some of the worst things that have happened to you are all that tragic.

Reaction Score
Wow, C-Viv really comes across as a class act here! Has she mellowed or have some of us BY'ers been a little too hard on her in the past?
/
Before the game they showed Geno walking up the sideline with his arms stretched out and he was yelling something towards the Rutgers bench. I thought he was saying"what no hug?" and I said this is Rutgers so that can't be. But sure enough 15 seconds later C. Viv came up the sideline to hug Geno.

Reaction Score
Wow, C-Viv really comes across as a class act here! Has she mellowed or have some of us BY'ers been a little too hard on her in the past?

I don't think we've been too hard. For me - I'm glad we don't have to face them like in the past though I'd jump into the B1G in a split second to join and play them. I hate their style didn't like the coach. But glad to see coach's on good terms unlike our ND "friend."

What I hate more than anything though is seeing kids hurt. Damn. Dam damn. Damn injuries. Especially to kids.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I have to wonder...if years ago...CViv was suffering from depression or something. The reason I say this is I can remember some of her pressers where she wandered about with her conversation to the point where it was nearly incoherent. However, that presser was amazingly articulate. She was extremely clear in communicating her message regarding her team and how hard they worked and she was very gracious in her compliments of UConn. She was also extremely accurate in explaining Geno and his system and his ability to find players that buy into the system. I was pleasantly surprised for CViv. I told TonyC this afternoon before I even saw the video that I actually felt bad for CViv last night watching her coach and watching her players play through adversity. Then when she put Syessence into the game for the last minute...I thought wow...what a classy thing to do, and what a classy way to do it...she didn't manufacture anything she just put the kid in for the last minute so she could go out on her feet on the floor like a warrior...which just happens to characterize CViv's style of coaching. I'm adding my voice to the CViv kudos... :)

Reaction Score
Maybe she has mellowed, recovered or whatever, and that's great. But IMO she earned all our bad feelings in the past and we have no reason to feel guilty about those either.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's a little bit of both. I thought her comments about her team were so poignant and touching and I loved the respect that she showed for Geno and the Huskies. She's so right about the system that Geno has built (along with Chris) and there is truth that their success has allowed them to recruit better players but they didn't always have the opportunities to recruit the best of the best. There was a time where the best recruits wouldn't even look at a program like UConn's but that started changing with Rebecca and the success of the 1995 team. The consistency of this program has been a marvel and that says so much for this coaching staff and the support of the university. Coach Stringer was very eloquent and I enjoyed her and her remarks so much. Thanks for posting it because it gave me a much better insight on who she is and why she's had the level of success that she's had in her coaching career.

Reaction Score
I have to wonder...if years ago...CViv was suffering from depression or something. The reason I say this is I can remember some of her pressers where she wandered about with her conversation to the point where it was nearly incoherent. However, that presser was amazingly articulate. She was extremely clear in communicating her message regarding her team and how hard they worked and she was very gracious in her compliments of UConn. She was also extremely accurate in explaining Geno and his system and his ability to find players that buy into the system. I was pleasantly surprised for CViv. I told TonyC this afternoon before I even saw the video that I actually felt bad for CViv last night watching her coach and watching her players play through adversity. Then when she put Syessence into the game for the last minute...I thought wow...what a classy thing to do, and what a classy way to do it...she didn't manufacture anything she just put the kid in for the last minute so she could go out on her feet on the floor like a warrior...which just happens to characterize CViv's style of coaching. I'm adding my voice to the CViv kudos... :)
It's obvious that most, if not all of us Boneyarders were highly impressed by this very emotional and touching press conference. I thought her players were impressive but even more so, was Coach Springer. Her love for her team and her respect for UConn's team and the program came through in dazzling fashion. It's no wonder that Geno is very fond of her though a good amount of us probably couldn't see why until hearing her and getting a better sense of the person and coach that she is. Her mission probably had little to do with impressing us but that's exactly what she did to many of us. My view of her has changed dramatically and in such a good way. Well done!

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I liked her demeanor on the court during the game, as well. She never seemed to lose patience or get angry with her players when things didn't go right.

This may be because her players didn't make many unforced errors and were simply outmatched, and that Stringer didn't have any expectations of winning with all the injuries her team
came into the game with.

Or perhaps she has mellowed. And who knows, maybe she misses the Big East, too, and this was kind of a home coming game for her.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
CVS hates to lose but also respects excellence. She also loves her team, and I think this particular senior class meant a lot to her and the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom