USA Basketball Scrimmage | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USA Basketball Scrimmage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Andre's biggest liability from tonight was effort. He straight loafed up and down the court. His assets on offense and defense were obvious but he will get abused in international ball because isn't bringing it every possession.

Reaction Score
One of the few times I wish I haven't had dvr... Damn you espn of course if you say we can't show the replay I'm going to rewind.

Seriously though, prayers to Paul and his family.. Get better.

Reaction Score
ESPN said they won't show it, they have now shown it twice since the game ended.

Reaction Score
7774 said:
Why would his recovery be so much longer than Kevin Ware's?

Ware shut it down this year - wasn't ready.

Reaction Score
Gurleyman said:
Actually here at Thomas and Mack Center watching. It isn't good. Whole USA team was hunched over looking like they were going to vomit, did a prayer circle, etc. Such a shame for a basically pointless fast break in a pointless game.

Of course, I didn't realize the game was televised and video so easily Twitterable or I wouldn't have bothered with my breathtaking "on the scene" report. Happened at the far end of the court from me - thought it must be Derrick Rose hurt and that's why everyone was so upset, but then I finally noticed him on the bench. Once I saw the towel over his leg, I figured it was something gruesome.

Reaction Score
Why would his recovery be so much longer than Kevin Ware's?

Because George is a franchise player. I'm pretty sure the Pacers would prefer to give him the Derrick Rose treatment rather than try and rush him back for this coming season.

Ware shut it down this year - wasn't ready.

Also, this.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly Andre is a very nice kid. He has the natural ability to be one of the top centers in the game even with his poor foul shooting. However, he needs to make a decision if he is going to be a focused /intense player or just have fun - and get by on his natural ability alone. You can be focused and have some fun but that will require a more intense off season workout program. I really think he needs to be on a team with a great player and coach. He is very coachable and he could use a great player as a role model.

Reaction Score
DAMN!!!! I sure hope he can recover from this. Probably won't see him back till 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom