USA Basketball Scrimmage | The Boneyard

USA Basketball Scrimmage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Should be fun to watch. No Andre in the starting lineup. Davis/Faried starting for Blue team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Strike that. Andre is on white. Cousins/Durant starting for white.

Reaction Score
Apparently, Coach K is pushing for Mason Plumlee to make the team.... he wants Cousins out, possibly Drummond. Yup, all 7ppg & 4rpg Pumlee, a former Pukie....

Reaction Score
drummond with a quick offensive board! ha

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Drummond with two tip ins already. Being "guarded" by Plumlee.

Reaction Score
It's a joke if K puts Plumlee on the team. Plumlee is a nice player but he's not in the same league as Cousins and Drummond. If they want a motor guy you put Faried on the team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Game is on the four letter.

Andre rebounded well, but needs to hustle better. International centers run all day.

Reaction Score
if Plumlee has been playing in practice like he has in this scrimmage, and the media reports are that he's played very well in that setting, then I can see why he could possibly make the team over Cousins/Drummond.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
See you in 2015 Paul George.

Compound fracture similar to the Lville kid.

Reaction Score
ah man this Paul George injury is bad, you could tell from the way the bench reacted before the replay that this wasn't good

Reaction Score
if Plumlee has been playing in practice like he has in this scrimmage, and the media reports are that he's played very well in that setting, then I can see why he could possibly make the team over Cousins/Drummond.
Ummm no, Cousins is probably the best center in the NBA and Drummond is the best rebounder in the NBA.....you don't take Plumlee over those guys. Awful to see Paul George go down like that.

Reaction Score
Actually here at Thomas and Mack Center watching. It isn't good. Whole USA team was hunched over looking like they were going to vomit, did a prayer circle, etc. Such a shame for a basically pointless fast break in a pointless game.

Reaction Score
Just watched it again, one of the most gruesome injuries I've ever seen, his leg snapped in half.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Actually here at Thomas and Mack Center watching. It isn't good. Whole USA team was hunched over looking like they were going to vomit, did a prayer circle, etc. Such a shame for a basically pointless fast break in a pointless game.

Derrick Rose looked like he saw a ghost.

Reaction Score
Damn, that sucks. Beyond the big blow this is to the U.S. National Team (he was going to play crunch-time minutes), watching one of the bright young stars of the game suffer such a serious injury is just awful.

Reaction Score
Ummm no, Cousins is probably the best center in the NBA and Drummond is the best rebounder in the NBA.....you don't take Plumlee over those guys. Awful to see Paul George go down like that.

I dont want to take too much from a scrimmage because obviously I'm not at the practices, but Drummond was one of the worst players on the floor tonight. Its about filling a role, Cousins isn't going to be getting post ups every single time down the floor and trying to shoot with every touch. Also, Cousins isn't the best C in the NBA, the game is played at both ends.

Reaction Score
I dont want to take too much from a scrimmage because obviously I'm not at the practices, but Drummond was one of the worst players on the floor tonight. Its about filling a role, Cousins isn't going to be getting post ups every single time down the floor and trying to shoot with every touch. Also, Cousins isn't the best C in the NBA, the game is played at both ends.
Yes it's about fitting a role which is exactly why Drummond has to be on the team over Plumlee. Drummond doesn't have to have any plays called for him and he will still gets a double double in his sleep. Drummond and Plumlee are similar in that they are raw offensively and won't have plays called for them, that's where the similarities end. Drummond is built like redwood and is the best rebounder in the sport, Plumlee is a nice player but there is just no argument for him being on the team with all of that other talent,

Reaction Score

I get what you're saying, but Plumlee is not the best guy to fill the defense/toughness role IMO. I'd go with somebody like Taj Gibson, hell, even Roy Hibbert over Plumlee. Say what you want about Roy becoming a punchline in the playoffs, but he still changed games defensively. This entire roster building process is really about winning one game and I'm not sure how Plumlee helpls you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom