USA - Angola 2:30 p.m. ESPN3; game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

USA - Angola 2:30 p.m. ESPN3; game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
UConnCat on the end, Eric pointing to the sky ... I'm going to guess Turkish friend Daphne, and Milford to her left (from our perspective).

I was busy tweetin' away from press row.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UConnCat on the end, Eric pointing to the sky ... I'm going to guess Turkish friend Daphne, and Milford to her left (from our perspective).

I was busy tweetin' away from press row.
Correctamundo. Though Eric appears to be poking Cat's eye out. :)

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Correctamundo. Though Eric appears to be poking Cat's eye out. :)
What's really going on.....

Istanbul_peanut_gallery.jpg

Reaction Score
Got to say that although the announcers knew the game (and yes gave the UConn plug), it shocked me that they didn't know women's basketball enough to distinguish between Brittney Griner and Stewie -- even with names on our jerseys. Kind of makes me feel better about the USA scrimmage announcer who kept butchering the Ogwumike name, but at least he had the right person!

If a female announcer for the men's team did the same thing there would be consequences.

I'm sure the announcer knew the difference between BG and Stewie. He just misspoke.

I do the same thing myself. Of course I'm a lot older, so I have an excuse. :p

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Mulkey just gave her the ball and said "go do your thang."
Not completely fair I think to either. When Griner was there Sims played a very different game to her senior year. Senior year ... well yeah, sort of.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Exactly, one of the reasons UConn had nine national championships and Baylor has two.

Plus the fact that Geno has been at UCONN for two million years.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
UcMiami said:
Not completely fair I think to either. When Griner was there Sims played a very different game to her senior year. Senior year ... well yeah, sort of.

I thought that Sims took a backseat to Griner up until her senior year of course I kind of felt bad for the kid, she was really talented and a stand out but she was very definitely a supporting player rather than a second option, and she didn't appear to be developed.

She took the loss of the national title via the loss in the semis in Griner's senior year really really hard.
I have a memory of her on the floor at the end of that game with Griner trying to comfort her.

And then she finds herself on Tulsa's roster which features Diggins...

I am really glad she made this team - she's going to benefit from working with those 2 point guards and she's going to benefit from working with Geno...very very happy for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom