USA 3 x 3 Women Win 21-3 Against Romania | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USA 3 x 3 Women Win 21-3 Against Romania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Via Jim Fuller's blog:

UConn commit Katie Lou Samuelson sprained an ankle during a team scrimmage and although she was taped up and likely could have played, the decision was made to sit her out of the game.

"I think we played really well, especially with Katie Lou being out," Collier said. "We had to play really smart, and I think we did. I think we adjusted pretty well. We rebounded really well, which is what we've been working on and trying to do."

Reaction Score
Napheesa is incredibly efficient. She reminds me of that other player from Jefferson City. The one who scored 3,036 points.
I compared her to Maya in a post a couple of weeks ago and it seems that their size and athleticism are somewhat comparable. I also think she has that special ingredient Maya has and that's savvy. She just has an innate sense of what is seemingly going to happen next or where to be or when to make a particular move. They used to talk about Wayne Gretzky who had that special sixth sense where he could see the game as if it were in slow motion for him and I think Derek Jeter was another guy who had these wonderful instincts where he made everything look so effortless. I think that's pretty good company to be in and I'm so looking forward to seeing her in a Huskie uniform. I don't want to get ahead of myself because I'm also really pumped about this years incoming class where there might be a ton of surprises from these young ladies. Let the GAMES BEGIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom