USA 3 x 3 Women Win 21-3 Against Romania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Now official. Boykin was 4 of 6 (1 for 1 on 2 pointers). Ogunbowal was 3 of 6 and made 2 free throws. Collier was 11 of 12.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Results: http://result.nanjing2014.org/IRS/ENG/ZZ/ZZS105A_YO2014BKW400@@@ENG.htm

Stats are shown under the Unofficial/official Link. Currently unofficial and they must be wrong as they show Napheesa with 11 of 12 baskets made. Concerned they don't show Katie-Lou as playing.

Stats: http://result.nanjing2014.org/IRS/ENG/BK/BKR173A_YO2014BKW400B05ENG.htm

Stats are now official. Forgot that 2 point baskets only count for 1 point and 3 point shots count as 2 points. Napheesa can go 11-12.

I think I figured it out. Here goes:

One point for each basket (18), two points for a shot made from outside the arc (add one more). and one pomt for each free throw made (add two more). Total, 21. :)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard about Katie's absence? Might she still be having effects from
her tonsillitis a few weeks ago? Those pictures of her in Colorado Springs gave no hint of that...but zero minutes?

Reaction Score
her tonsillitis a few weeks ago? Those pictures of her in Colorado Springs gave no hint of that...but zero minutes?

I thought she was good to go. The zero minutes played is definitely alarming, I hope she did not get hurt warming up.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I am trying to find out. It is 10.30pm Monday night in China.
will advise if I hear anything.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
You leave on Friday, you get there late Saturday
Not much time for Jet lag
Get up on Sunday in a haze, have to find your mind and then your legs
Monday game…wow!

Anyway, it's worse coming back
But if they have gold medals, they won't fret it.

Reaction Score
21-3 game. Maybe they'll just take turns playing...?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Unlikely, usually in 3 X 3 games, there's a substitution every 2 or 3 minutes due to the faster pace. I would think Katie would have played due to size and would normally be counted on for her rebounding and of course her outside shot. Hopefully held out for precautionary reasons as Romania is not tough competition. IMHO can't win tournament if they have to rely on 3 players, no matter how talented they are.

21-3 game. Maybe they'll just take turns playing...?

HGN

Reaction Score
Team is off to a great start...............But did you see where Naphessa missed a FF and a FG attempt. Whats up with that ?

Reaction Score
Unlikely, usually in 3 X 3 games, there's a substitution every 2 or 3 minutes due to the faster pace. I would think Katie would have played due to size and would normally be counted on for her rebounding and of course her outside shot. Hopefully held out for precautionary reasons as Romania is not tough competition. IMHO can't win tournament if they have to rely on 3 players, no matter how talented they are.
I disagree. They are talented enough to win with just three. However Katie will play in the tournament so it is a mute point.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Team is off to a great start.....But did you see where Naphessa missed a FF and a FG attempt. Whats up with that ?
Obviously a lack of concentration and killer instinct. I am SO disillusioned!

Reaction Score
They only play to 21, so the game was shorter than the clock. Zip-zip, slam-bam, sorry Lou - you start next game...?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Haven't any of you twittertweeters picked up anything on this?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Basketball hasn't tweeted result or a link to a game story. Checked the site for the games and haven't seen any info on the 3 x 3 games other then scores. We'll just have to wait.

Team is off to a great start.....But did you see where Naphessa missed a FF and a FG attempt. Whats up with that ?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Any informative tweets from the players?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
From Reliable unofficial sources, Katie has a sprained ankle is being held out a couple of games. Looking at the schedule, USA should be able to easily win the next couple of games. Katie would be helpful against Belgium on Friday and definitely against the Czech team on Sunday the 24th. Don't know what Team USA would do if any of the players got into foul trouble or fouled out. Would Katie play?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Today's real score 37-6 extrapolated to 40 minutes would be roughly 185-30.

Not sure KLS will be all that needed for a while if at all.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Napheesa is incredibly efficient. She reminds me of that other player from Jefferson City. The one who scored 3,036 points.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
From Reliable unofficial sources, Katie has a sprained ankle is being held out a couple of games. Looking at the schedule, USA should be able to easily win the next couple of games. Katie would be helpful against Belgium on Friday and definitely against the Czech team on Sunday the 24th. Don't know what Team USA would do if any of the players got into foul trouble or fouled out. Would Katie play?

Heard the same thing just a minute ago. Same ankle that she injured earlier in year, she injured in a scrimmage or practice. She will be ok but might miss a few games. Trainers are working on her ankle a few times everyday.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
When does Mater Dei start their basketball season? Seems like Katie needs to take a couple of months off to completely rest the ankle. Prior to this year, has she had problems with her ankle?

Heard the same thing just a minute ago. Same ankle that she injured earlier in year, she injured in a scrimmage or practice. She will be ok but might miss a few games. Trainers are working on her ankle a few times everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom