UNC / UT Martin (merged) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UNC / UT Martin (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
This is the worst hose job I have ever witnessed. Worse than clockgate. UT-M was hosed, jobbed and had the game taken away from them. This ending really puts a bad mark on women's championship basketball.
It's repulsive. UTMartin played their hearts out and won that game. Can't believe their coach's head didn't explode after that travesty flagrant foul ruling on the DeShields' Oscar performance.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I'm glad to see this part of the thread. I couldnt believe my eyes. The refs gave the game to UNC. All the fouls on TM and non on UNC. It all started with the play looking at the camera and making the flagarent foul. Then all the calls went UNC way. This is terrible. Reminds me of the ole Tenn games.

Reaction Score
pap49cba said:
I am so glad we didn't land DD. She and Geno/Chris would have lasted about 30 seconds. Frankly, I would rather lose than have a person like that on the team. And the worst part is the media just sucks it up.

I am guessing this is a big reason she made her choice as she did. She is super talented, but the announcers pointed out UNC had too much one-on-one in the first half which had them playing from behind in the second. I didn't see the first half so I don't know if that was in reference to only DD. We know that doesn't fly in Geno's system unless HE makes that call . Remember the DT and Stacey Dales one on one? That was Geno's call, not DT's.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Go Tarheels

come on man.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't normally cheer for Pat Summit's alma mater, but I was today.

Diamond is cheating her talent beyond belief.

Reaction Score
Pretty impressive comeback by UNC. I thought the flagrant call was correct, though the timeout call was inexcusable. Loved Xylina's butt-shot.They'll be pretty good as these Freshmen mature.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I am guessing this is a big reason she made her choice as she did. She is super talented, but the announcers pointed out UNC had too much one-on-one in the first half which had them playing from behind in the second. I didn't see the first half so I don't know if that was in reference to only DD. We know that doesn't fly in Geno's system unless HE makes that call . Remember the DT and Stacey Dales one on one? That was Geno's call, not DT's.
I have a hard time believing she was ever going to come to UConn. She likely enjoyed the recruiting process (which she has every right to do), the prestige and ego-stroking of being sought after by the greatest program in WCBB history. But I have a hard time believing that she was prepared to do things Geno's ways and give her credit for understanding that reality.

UNC coaching, which is basically to roll the ball out to center court and yell "GO"...seems a perfect fit for her.

Reaction Score
Pretty impressive comeback by UNC. I thought the flagrant call was correct, though the timeout call was inexcusable. Loved Xylina's butt-shot.They'll be pretty good as these Freshmen mature.

if you run face first into someone's waist high arms that is a flagrant foul ? I do not think so *

* unless your name is Diamond

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

You must be watching your replays on a 15 inch monitor like the refs. One of the most obvious acting jobs I've seen in long long time.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say that UT-Martin lost -- it was more like they got mugged. Refs lost control of the game for a few minutes and NC took advantage.

The next time someone tells you that coaching isn't nearly as important as natural talent, give them a video of this game. DD played with more discipline in high school. You really can't say she's a freshman at this point in the season based on the minutes she has played.

There's not a player on the UT-Martin team that would have been recruited by NC, much less get any minutes on their team. Yet they outplayed NC today.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I'm glad other people saw the horrible calls made by the officials in this game. The UTM coach had great restraint after that cheap flagrant call against them. This game just goes to show how much the refs can control the outcome

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How many people may have left the arena between when the TV announcers said campus was on lockdown and when they finally announced it? Hopefully they didn't let people leave. The announcement should have been made immediately when the campus wide alert was issued. I call shenanigans.

According to the update on my phone.... the police had the suspect in CUSTODY at 5pm..... while the game was still playing :mad:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
y'know, Boxerpups, coming from an Orange fan, that sounds a tad like Mitt Romney complaining about too many wealthy folks running for office. Nobody has benefited more from beneficial officiating and clock-keeping than the Voles.

Reaction Score
I was totally enjoying that game until the flagrant foul was called. INC seemed to wake up and play after that. But the win was gift from the refs. Go Spartans!

Reaction Score
what happened at the end of the game. Heard lobo and lawson discuss some kind of announcement on PA system that was uncalled for .

Reaction Score
I haven't seen UNC play this year but I just saw a play by Deshields. Definitely not UCONN type play. She was driving in transition and had a teammate wide open for the layup but instead drove it in against a defender and took an off balance shot that she missed. UNC missed the put back but someone sitting on the floor made the basket when the ball fell into her hands and she shot it sitting on the floor. Then during the interview after the game, Deshields talked about how she told the coach at half time that she needed the ball more so she could get more touches and create some great plays. It may be unfair of me to judge a person by seeing them for just a short time but that to me spells SELFISH and I am glad she isn't in a UCONN uniform.

6 TO GO

Reaction Score
Stacey Dales was not the defender on that one on one. It amazes me how incorrectly this memory is constantly recalled. We just discussed this a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score
now it turns out the situation (for the emergency announcement ) was resolved BEFORE the announcement

Last edited:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
now it turns out the situation (for the emergency announcement ) was resolved BEFORE the announcement

Just keep looking worse and worse for UNC administration and the refs too.

Reaction Score
Kara and Rebecca agree that the referees AND UNC made errors here that may well have had a dramatic effect on the final play.

Reaction Score
Stacey Dales was not the defender on that one on one. It amazes me how incorrectly this memory is constantly recalled. We just discussed this a few weeks ago.
It's at the 4 minute mark at .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle