UConn Women Takes #12 Next Year! How will Sarah Strong help? | The Boneyard

UConn Women Takes #12 Next Year! How will Sarah Strong help?

Reaction Score
Once the surviving members of the UConn WBB team reached the FF this year, my thoughts immediately drifted to 2024-2025.....anticipating #12 with greater confidence. If all the injured return to be just their better selves coming bACK, yes #12 is a realistic expectation I felt, never mind what every other programs have (South Carolina would still be loaded).

Noted that with Aaliyah and Nika leaving, the coaching staff's mission was to find compensating performers to ensure team balance. Despite the surprising performances from all four freshmen who were the main complement to the three seniors this year, there are no comparable ones to assume ownership of the departing pair's biggest contributions: as good as they played, neither Ashlynn nor KK come close to what Nika brings on the defensive side. Still, in most situations, Aubrey would definitely solidify the perimeter defense.

From what little we have seen of Ice, Ayanna and Jana (at FIBA), we can't confidently say one of them will provide the production missed with Aaliyah's departure but they can each contribute to it and, more importantly, add their own useful and some unique qualities. Ice showed encouraging glimpses during the Big East tournament and Jana showed big promise during the FIBA tournament. Nothing is guaranteed until the coaching staff draws it out of them. For some reason, none of these uncertainties discouraged the conviction that #12 is coming next year, in part because of the indomitable spirit that the team showed this year in improving and building to reach the FF, with their limited resources - 3 seniors and 4 freshmen - and no margin for error. This belief was also built upon the expectation that the run of major injuries would end, that Azzi, Aubrey, Caroline, Jana and Ayanna would be fully healthy all year, even if some of them may take a bit longer to shake off rust in their games. I was less certain about Caroline, given the unknowns related to her concussions....

Then, Sarah Strong committed to UConn the day after they lost in the SF. It is foolhardy to put so much weight on her high school stats, for obvious reasons, in trying to visualize her contributions. But seeing her play, how she moves, how she shoots, her footwork, her control of her (somewhat overweight) body, her passing and vision are testaments to her potential - a solid foundation to excel even against bigger, stronger, more skilled competition than she has faced so far. She fits into the position Aaliyah vacated with already more developed skills in areas the latter still needs to grow: passing and outside shooting. She would balance what Jana has shown she can do and Ice, too. She, Ice, and Ayanna would provide flexibility in complementing Jana counter any combination of big frontcourt players they would face. Three of them have shown good outside shooting skills. This frontcourt promises to balance the excellent and abundant backcourt and perimeter resources this team has.

What her high school coach did to prepare her for the future and what he says is her state of readiness to play at the next level is reassuring, even if you discount some of it:

Is Sarah Strong a Unicorn? So it seems, if you trust what her high school coach says.

Why No. 1 recruit Sarah Strong is ‘a unicorn’ commitment for UConn women’s basketball in class of 2024

Why Sarah Strong is going to UConn:

https://www.ctinsider.com/sports/uc...huskies-paige-bueckers-azzi-fudd-19400412.php

I feel much better now about my expected NC12 next year. Seeing how Coach and his staff managed the surviving team this year, any early season awkward performances (e.g. Breanna, Tina) by the frontcourt will be eliminated sooner than later - the available resources promises to make it a complete team with a near-ideal balance.

Can't wait for next year to begin.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If all the injured return to be just their better selves coming bACK, yes #12 is a realistic expectation I felt, never mind what every other programs have (South Carolina would still be loaded).
Sing it! I am so with you and no one can talk me out of my optimism. And why should I worry about SC? They'll be great again, no doubt, but they need a great opponent to maximize the value of the moment, and we can do that for them and for the world.

For some reason, none of these uncertainties discouraged the conviction that #12 is coming next year, in part because of the indomitable spirit that the team showed this year in improving and building to reach the FF, with their limited resources - 3 seniors and 4 freshmen - and no margin for error. This belief was also built upon the expectation that the run of major injuries would end, that Azzi, Aubrey, Caroline, Jana and Ayanna would be fully healthy all year, even if some of them may take a bit longer to shake off rust in their games.
What will we have in the fall? Aubrey (a sixth year grad?) Paige (a fifth year grad?) Azzi (a fourth year grad?) Caroline (a senior) Ice and Ayanna (third year sophomores?) Jana (a second year freshman?) KK Ash and Q (sophomores) and Allie Morgan and Sarah (freshmen). I love this distribution -- plenty of youth and experience.

Then, Sarah Strong committed to UConn...
When I see her name, I think "We don't need anyone from the portal." It's not because Sarah's going to be a big playing the low post. That's too narrow a way to think about the team's possibilities. In 2016-17, Geno started only one player as tall as 6'3", Katie Lou, and still Geno preferred to play Gabby (5'11") and Napheesa (6'1") as the front court and put Katie Lou on the perimeter. One reason he could get away with it was because he had great playmakers and big guards he could depend on, Kia Nurse and Saniya Chong, as well as Crystal Dangerfield. He also had a traditional big in Natalie Butler, but didn't start her. It took considerable force of imagination for him to see his roster this way and it produced a tremendous team, one of my all-time favorites. For all we know, Paige will play the 5 this fall! :p

Sarah Paige Morgan Azzi Allie Ash KK Aubrey Jana Caroline Ice Q Ayanna -- we could look at this roster and say "They're not big enough." Or we could say, "Wow! They're so big and quick. What a dynamic team Geno can put on the court with this roster." So what if Jana is only feeling her way into the game in November, or that Ice and Ayanna aren't dominant bigs in the low post. We may not need them to be, if we let Sarah and Paige and Azzi and Allie and Ash and KK and Aubrey and Caroline and Morgan and Q create impossible matchups everywhere else. They only need to do what they know how to do well to succeed -- that's how talented this group is. I think we'll be one scary team for opponents next season.

Reaction Score
Will Sarah be that final piece to the puzzle? We will see. Is having a healthy roster the piece to the solving the problem on winning #12? Again, we will see. We have been close over the last three to four years. So, with the addition of some really talented players to an already but recovering roster of talented players, we will see what happens.

Reaction Score
Say It! #12!

The more of us saying it, the more we can tap into the Force to help. This is not a ragtag crew we are talking about. They can play so many ways! They have already shown 4 guards and a 6'3" forward can go a long way; 4 freshmen and 3 seniors, the same. The spirit they gained in the process will not die because two have left, nay it will be farther enflamed because they have all learned from it, including those who had just committed and now coming in next year.

Reaction Score
Sing it! I am so with you and no one can talk me out of my optimism. And why should I worry about SC? They'll be great again, no doubt, but they need a great opponent to maximize the value of the moment, and we can do that for them and for the world.

When I see her name, I think "We don't need anyone from the portal." It's not because Sarah's going to be a big playing the low post. That's too narrow a way to think about the team's possibilities. In 2016-17, Geno started only one player as tall as 6'3", Katie Lou, and still Geno preferred to play Gabby (5'11") and Napheesa (6'1") as the front court and put Katie Lou on the perimeter. One reason he could get away with it was because he had great playmakers and big guards he could depend on, Kia Nurse and Saniya Chong, as well as Crystal Dangerfield. He also had a traditional big in Natalie Butler, but didn't start her. It took considerable force of imagination for him to see his roster this way and it produced a tremendous team, one of my all-time favorites. For all we know, Paige will play the 5 this fall! :p
As I learned more about what Sarah Strong can do, the 3-pt shooting and the passing were bold letters qualities. It conjured how guard Gabby Williams played the post - a point forward/center, if you will, and dictated the action, enabling a beautiful display and wonderfully effective weapon: the UConn WBB motion offense where everyone was simply a basketball player and not attached to a position. High-low post with Jana and deadly shooters/scorers around them! A more confident Ice and Ayanna will be assets.....Aubrey finally feels at home with her shot all the way to the 3-pt range.....etc., etc.....none need play long minutes, except when needed against particular opponents.

Next year's roster looks perfectly capable of this and seemingly in tune to it. Effective, winning beautiful basketball on display en route to NC #12! What could be better?

Oh, yes, the depth of the roster will enable to Coach to deploy multiple defenses and change the offense whenever needed....they have a lot of work to do in the preseason but they are mentally ready!

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
It will be an exciting year for WBB. UConn of course will be improved, but there are some serious teams out there.

SC has everyone back. USC will be better with an Iowa-style team around now soph JuJu. Notre Dame with Miles, Hidalgo, Citron, Westbeld are a candidate. Even NC State, UCLA, Texas and LSU bring back a lot.

On the Huskies, I'm surprised KK is undervalued as replacement for Nika. She brings Nika's defence and even leadership, and is a potential AA point guard.

Between Jana, now soph Ice, Ayanna, Strong, a transfer? (and Bueckers, Griffen) we should be ok in the post.

Reaction Score
Sarah will finally be the big we need that can take the other teams big away from the basket. If they leave her, she can hit from range. If they push out, watch out for the blow by and either a layup or dish when the help comes. Could be the complete high post option also that the team has been missing for a few years.

Reaction Score
Once the surviving members of the UConn WBB team reached the FF this year, my thoughts immediately drifted to 2024-2025.....anticipating #12 with greater confidence. If all the injured return to be just their better selves coming bACK, yes #12 is a realistic expectation I felt, never mind what every other programs have (South Carolina would still be loaded).

Noted that with Aaliyah and Nika leaving, the coaching staff's mission was to find compensating performers to ensure team balance. Despite the surprising performances from all four freshmen who were the main complement to the three seniors this year, there are no comparable ones to assume ownership of the departing pair's biggest contributions: as good as they played, neither Ashlynn nor KK come close to what Nika brings on the defensive side. Still, in most situations, Aubrey would definitely solidify the perimeter defense.

From what little we have seen of Ice, Ayanna and Jana (at FIBA), we can't confidently say one of them will provide the production missed with Aaliyah's departure but they can each contribute to it and, more importantly, add their own useful and some unique qualities. Ice showed encouraging glimpses during the Big East tournament and Jana showed big promise during the FIBA tournament. Nothing is guaranteed until the coaching staff draws it out of them. For some reason, none of these uncertainties discouraged the conviction that #12 is coming next year, in part because of the indomitable spirit that the team showed this year in improving and building to reach the FF, with their limited resources - 3 seniors and 4 freshmen - and no margin for error. This belief was also built upon the expectation that the run of major injuries would end, that Azzi, Aubrey, Caroline, Jana and Ayanna would be fully healthy all year, even if some of them may take a bit longer to shake off rust in their games. I was less certain about Caroline, given the unknowns related to her concussions....

Then, Sarah Strong committed to UConn the day after they lost in the SF. It is foolhardy to put so much weight on her high school stats, for obvious reasons, in trying to visualize her contributions. But seeing her play, how she moves, how she shoots, her footwork, her control of her (somewhat overweight) body, her passing and vision are testaments to her potential - a solid foundation to excel even against bigger, stronger, more skilled competition than she has faced so far. She fits into the position Aaliyah vacated with already more developed skills in areas the latter still needs to grow: passing and outside shooting. She would balance what Jana has shown she can do and Ice, too. She, Ice, and Ayanna would provide flexibility in complementing Jana counter any combination of big frontcourt players they would face. Three of them have shown good outside shooting skills. This frontcourt promises to balance the excellent and abundant backcourt and perimeter resources this team has.

What her high school coach did to prepare her for the future and what he says is her state of readiness to play at the next level is reassuring, even if you discount some of it:

Is Sarah Strong a Unicorn? So it seems, if you trust what her high school coach says.

Why No. 1 recruit Sarah Strong is ‘a unicorn’ commitment for UConn women’s basketball in class of 2024

Why Sarah Strong is going to UConn:

Why No. 1 recruit Sarah Strong chose UConn women's basketball program

I feel much better now about my expected NC12 next year. Seeing how Coach and his staff managed the surviving team this year, any early season awkward performances (e.g. Breanna, Tina) by the frontcourt will be eliminated sooner than later - the available resources promises to make it a complete team with a near-ideal balance.

Can't wait for next year to begin.
I think having Sarah, means lots of open looks for Azzi, Paige, and Caroline, and easy transition buckets for Aubrey, Ashlyn and KK.

Reaction Score
Sarah filled an immediate big need, namely finding someone to address what was potentially the biggest fall-off from last year, replacing Aaliyah with someone significantly worse. If we get further major additions upfront (Beers etc.), or returning players like Ayanna and Ice make a quantum leap, then the potential role for Sarah could help us elsewhere.

HuskyNan and others have described Sarah as more of a wing. I don't dispute that she could be a 3/4 or maybe even more 3 than 4, but heading into this off-season the greatest need was for a 4, and without other developments that's where I think she would be used. We could be on the verge of adding a star that could change the scenario, not reducing Sarah's minutes so much as changing what position she plays.

We still would have to develop high level backups, but if two very important things happen, Sarah could be used more at whatever position she is most effective. So if we get Beers at the 5, and Jana is the real deal, she could play the 4. Leaving Sarah as a potential starter at the 3, perhaps with Paige and Azzi. The potential for that lineup seems amazing to me.

Sarah would likely still have to spend some time at the 4, but when Aubrey comes back, and if Ayanna and Ice improve enough the question may not be where do we need to use her, but where is she most effective. The same might be true of Aubrey and those would be great options to have.

Reaction Score
It will be an exciting year for WBB. UConn of course will be improved, but there are some serious teams out there.

SC has everyone back. USC will be better with an Iowa-style team around now soph JuJu. Notre Dame with Miles, Hidalgo, Citron, Westbeld are a candidate. Even NC State, UCLA, Texas and LSU bring back a lot.

On the Huskies, I'm surprised KK is undervalued as replacement for Nika. She brings Nika's defence and even leadership, and is a potential AA point guard.

Between Jana, now soph Ice, Ayanna, Strong, a transfer? (and Bueckers, Griffen) we should be ok in the post.
Good assessment. UConn brings the best player in the country and tremendous upside, but due to past injuries and likely significant frosh minutes (plus transfer?), difficult to forecast how and more importantly, when team comes together. Teams like SC and USC are battle tested and proven. Should be an interesting next season.

Reaction Score

There is 1 center and 1 power forward in that list. Neither has an extensive D1 resume or a natural backup. The others are shooting guards and maybe small forwards. Are they good? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean Geno cannot not use another experienced big. A real 4/5.

KK is not Nika, but she was only a freshman. Definitely has the potential to grow into the defender that Nika was, plus more willing to send the ball towards the basket (hence the name of the game, basketball).

Reaction Score
Too much angsting about all the deficiencies and what might disappoint or go wrong. It’s months before any game is played. Let’s focus on all that might go right.

So if we get Beers at the 5, and Jana is the real deal, she could play the 4. Leaving Sarah as a potential starter at the 3, perhaps with Paige and Azzi. The potential for that lineup seems amazing to me.
Me too! All I see is potential and the ceiling is really high. The competition for minutes is going to make these kids so great. Beers or no Beers, all I see is amazing possibilities. Sarah could be like the second coming of Napheesa and Katie Lou rolled into one, and like them she’ll be playing alongside amazing guards in Paige Azzi KK Morgan Ash and Allie.

Teams like SC and USC are battle tested and proven.
True about SC, but USC is battle tested??? Apart from Juju, they look like they’re as riddled with question marks as we are if not more so. A shell of our lineup eliminated them, and they aren’t looking to be any stronger next season. But we are full of positive signs, stars aligning in the firmament at Storrs.

KK is not Nika, but she was only a freshman. Definitely has the potential to grow into the defender that Nika was, plus more willing to send the ball towards the basket
I couldn’t have said it better. KK has a similar fire to Nika’s, and I suspect we’ll be thrilled every time we see her speeding around the court. And think how open the lane will be for her with all those scorers around her! And Ash too.

or returning players like Ayanna and Ice make a quantum leap,
I absolutely expect exactly this. Ice won’t be playing triage next season. She’ll be playing next to some of the best talent in D1 on a loaded bench. No more plugging holes on a shrinking roster, Ice will have a chance to build something on a sturdy foundation. And Ayanna too. Her natural virtues, strength and speed, will fit in very nicely next to Jana and Ice. And if Beers shows up too, so much the better. But even if it’s just the three of them, they will be plenty. After all, if Morgan and Caroline and Aubrey and Q step up too — and why shouldn’t they? — they will be unleashed.

We’re not a thin lineup. We are loaded with a range of talents that Geno will know how to sync up. Putting the puzzle together is what he does best, and he has more than enough pieces to build something really special. These kids will have the best season of their lives, and we’ll all get to watch it unfold, full of surprises and revelations. Like Q for example — what wonders might she show us next season? I can hardly wait to find out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's amazing how many experts and ex-coaches we have in the Boneyard. It's definitely entertaining with a chuckle or smile to read these analyses of not only a particular player's skill set but also their precise personalities. Some (much?) of it by watching games tv or on YouTube. Each analysis tries to outdo the other in their professional-looking critiques. ESPN should take notice. It seems Husky BY'ers are never without an opinion on how Geno and the coaches should position each player and knowing exactly how each will perform without ever being at a UConn practice. I suspect the reason he has been so successful is that Geno never reads this stuff.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how many experts and ex-coaches we have in the Boneyard. It's definitely entertaining with a chuckle or smile to read these analyses of not only a particular player's skill set but also their precise personalities. Some (much?) of it by watching games tv or on YouTube. Each analysis tries to outdo the other in their professional-looking critiques. ESPN should take notice. It seems Husky BY'ers are never without an opinion on how Geno and the coaches should position each player and knowing exactly how each will perform without ever being at a UConn practice. I suspect the reason he has been so successful is that Geno never reads this stuff.
LOL WW, it's what we do. Are you expecting something different? You are probably right about Geno.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20240414_115745_Instagram.jpg
What I wanna know is how tall is Sarah Strong really? Isn't Morgan Cheli 6'2? Is this one of those Bria Hartley conundrums?
Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Good assessment. UConn brings the best player in the country and tremendous upside, but due to past injuries and likely significant frosh minutes (plus transfer?), difficult to forecast how and more importantly, when team comes together. Teams like SC and USC are battle tested and proven. Should be an interesting next season.
You think USC is battle tested? SCar, yes. But USC is having a turnover from departing graduate students and 6 freshmen incoming doesn't say battle tested. Coach Gottlieb might have 3 open scholarships, so if she can repeat last year's success in the transfer portal that might help balance things.

We can't forever cast the gloom of injuries on this team and should look forward to a healthy run....fans must help uplift the spirit around the team and visit optimism upon them, otherwise the depth of one's fandom is in question. When you view things that way, this team has enough "veterans" who have played through fragmented seasons but navigated deep into the playoffs: Paige, Azzi, Aubrey, Caroline and the four freshmen who helped save this year for a run to the FF. Ayanna's first year gave her enough time in tournament pressures. I really wouldn't worry about how Jana and Sarah will perform - these are two very determined young ladies with well-rounded skill sets, score at three levels, defend and rebound. That leaves the two incoming guards as "untested".....but they won't be needed must-play participants, so they have time to acclimate.

Transfers to UConn have not always been a solution. In fact, there have been only a few who became significant contributors: Brittany (too bad her injuries diminished her), Azura (did Coach G not trust her enough?), Dorka and Lou Lopez. This current team doesn't need transfers to lift them to the top - they just need to stay healthy.

For that, let's help lift the cloud of pessimism that fans have cast upon them, shall we?

Reaction Score
I think you are putting too much faith in a player who has never played college basketball. Maybe Sarah will be as great as everyone thinks she will and maybe Morgan will be the better of the two. I'm gonna wait and see if ANY of the incoming freshmen can take a starting spot.
I remember when everyone said Ice was gonna be a starter. So I never write someone in before I see what they have.

Reaction Score

Don’t forget Koval, the best post in this class, who will also be joining Notre Dame! If she plays well from the start, ND is going to be a major player next season. They have a serious team if Miles is 100%!

Reaction Score
You think USC is battle tested? SCar, yes. But USC is having a turnover from departing graduate students and 6 freshmen incoming doesn't say battle tested. Coach Gottlieb might have 3 open scholarships, so if she can repeat last year's success in the transfer portal that might help balance things.

We can't forever cast the gloom of injuries on this team and should look forward to a healthy run....fans must help uplift the spirit around the team and visit optimism upon them, otherwise the depth of one's fandom is in question. When you view things that way, this team has enough "veterans" who have played through fragmented seasons but navigated deep into the playoffs: Paige, Azzi, Aubrey, Caroline and the four freshmen who helped save this year for a run to the FF. Ayanna's first year gave her enough time in tournament pressures. I really wouldn't worry about how Jana and Sarah will perform - these are two very determined young ladies with well-rounded skill sets, score at three levels, defend and rebound. That leaves the two incoming guards as "untested".....but they won't be needed must-play participants, so they have time to acclimate.

Transfers to UConn have not always been a solution. In fact, there have been only a few who became significant contributors: Brittany (too bad her injuries diminished her), Azura (did Coach G not trust her enough?), Dorka and Lou Lopez. This current team doesn't need transfers to lift them to the top - they just need to stay healthy.

For that, let's help lift the cloud of pessimism that fans have cast upon them, shall we?
As for untested freshman, I will point out that Allie Ziebell, not Sarah, blew away the field in the 3point shooting contest at the McDonalds All-American get together. Anyone remember who won it when Paige and Caitlin were HS seniors?

Reaction Score
I think you are putting too much faith in a player who has never played college basketball. Maybe Sarah will be as great as everyone thinks she will and maybe Morgan will be the better of the two. I'm gonna wait and see if ANY of the incoming freshmen can take a starting spot.
I remember when everyone said Ice was gonna be a starter. So I never write someone in before I see what they have.
I remember when many said Paige was going to be a starter and a superstar. They were right. So, in some cases I see no reason to wait and not call it as you see it. So imo Sarah will start unless she is hurt once the 1st big game begins. It's okay no one is wrong. :)

I'm more cautious with Jana than I am with Sarah but many hold Jana right now but are down on Ice.

Reaction Score
As for untested freshman, I will point out that Allie Ziebell, not Sarah, blew away the field in the 3point shooting contest at the McDonalds All-American get together. Anyone remember who won it when Paige and Caitlin were HS seniors?
Point taken.

But a shooting contest is not playing a game. Both Sarah and Allie are untested in UConn's style of play in competition but the former fills a need more than the latter. It is a team game and UConn's style is different from most out there.

Reaction Score
Both Sarah and Allie are untested
Fair enough. I suspect one important differentiator is whether they are "gym rats." Coach's kids are a good example of this, which Allie is, and Ash is another -- she came out of HS ready to go as a coach-adjacent kid. I'd say the same for Sarah and Azzi. They come from basketball families. Another category, which can be even better is the archetypal gym rat, girls who grow up playing with brothers or in boy's leagues. Kim Mulkey is the classic case of this, as is Hannah Hidalgo, Caitlin, and I'm sure there's many others. And the other oddity, the kid who grows up playing with her best friend who ends up in the NBA, namely Paige.

Reaction Score
Vanoni of NH Register sketches her impression of next year's roster:

This sort of stuff usually triggers the roles each one is envisioned to play but as we know, it will change depending on circumstances and individual progress as the year goes on.

There is a thread on Who Starts that is getting longer, so will not indulge but allow me to throw some comments out here:

Recovery rate from injuries and surgeries, especially achilles, all vary for each player, so we don't know when each of the injured will regain the levels of play they are capable of. One hopes most all of them shall have worked off the rust during the early weeks of the season, but unlikely.

Except for Paige and Aubrey who themselves have had interrupted seasons, it is a very young team in terms of experience - Azzi and Caroline have had such interruptions to their seasons that their higher levels of development haven't been reached but the flashes they have shown of their potential have been exhilarating. But those who have been with the team for at least a year have had intensive practices, played many games and learned. Although Jana hasn't played for the team in games, she has had half a year of practices. That said, the team is still "undercooked" in terms of playing together in the crucible of strong competition.

Fortunately for this team, Coach G & Staff work to build for March, as beautifully demonstrated most recently this past year. He has a lot to do:

1. Accelerate Jana's acclimatization to UConn's style of play - Jana herself recongized this hence, enrolled a semester early last year. She is their very mobile, highly skilled biggest player, He has already raved about her.

2. Put Sarah though the same development timeline. Given the promise of the skill sets these two have, how they play together needs to be seen quickly and developed. Both of them can score at three levels. If they work well together, both will likely start by March.

3. Build the confidence of Ice, focusing on how she did in the Big East tournament; do the same for Ayanna. Both have great potential, Ice has higher ceiling on offense.

4. Challenge the three now sophomore guards to make another leap: for example, KK to lose her occasional habit of putting two hands on the ball as she maneuvers through traffic; see that Ashlynn doesn't put too much pressure on herself when the moments she has dreamed of for so long, comes; remind Q to continue to hit the weights, etc., etc. You know, the usual development steps.

5. And, also accelerate the acclimatization of Allie and Morgan - a couple of potential key ingredients in the positionless BB Coach wants to play sometimes.

6. Paige, Azzi, Aubrey and Caroline know what needs to be done and they must lead.

7. Given the depth of this roster, Coach will try to find out how well they can execute pressure defense. For that, KK will likely play the point.

8. Offense? This team is full of really good scorers all the way beyond the 3pt line.

Wish upon them, the good health they deserve!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fair enough. I suspect one important differentiator is whether they are "gym rats." Coach's kids are a good example of this, which Allie is, and Ash is another -- she came out of HS ready to go as a coach-adjacent kid. I'd say the same for Sarah and Azzi. They come from basketball families. Another category, which can be even better is the archetypal gym rat, girls who grow up playing with brothers or in boy's leagues. Kim Mulkey is the classic case of this, as is Hannah Hidalgo, Caitlin, and I'm sure there's many others. And the other oddity, the kid who grows up playing with her best friend who ends up in the NBA, namely Paige.
You may have read these already about Sarah:

https://www.ctinsider.com/sports/uc...huskies-paige-bueckers-azzi-fudd-19400412.php

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom