Uconn vs Ohio St ( merged) | The Boneyard

Uconn vs Ohio St ( merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We did not look good tonight. No offensive flow. Stewie had an off night. What is stewie's issue? Going through same problems as last year.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
We did not look good tonight. No offensive flow. Stewie had an off night. What is stewie's issue? Going through same problems as last year.

Can't expect to blow out opponents by 40 every game, especially when your missing your best three point shooter. Got to be encouraged by the really good defensive play. Something UCONN always does well in every game..

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I know it was a 21 point win, but I can't understand how OSU lost to BGSU. I'll be really curious to see how they do against Maryland, who is their next game. The way OSU played, esp in the 2nd half, they seemed like a top 20 team.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I was surprised that they are not at least ranked. Anyway, we had a week off so there is bound to be some rust, and we were playing in an unfamiliar facility.

Reaction Score
Eh, a win is a win. To quote Pat "you only have to win by one" or something to that effect.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I was surprised that they are not at least ranked. Anyway, we had a week off so there is bound to be some rust, and we were playing in an unfamiliar facility.
unfortunately, if this is a team that rusts up quickly with time off, they play Duke after a 12 day break......

Reaction Score
Question-

Does the world end if a short handed UConn team comes up "short" on the road vs the #2 team in mid December?

I hear a rumor they may cancel the season. Is this true?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Question-

Does the world end if a short handed UConn team comes up "short" on the road vs the #2 team in mid December?

I hear a rumor they may cancel the season. Is this true?
Where are you getting that crap?

Reaction Score
Stewie - What is the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

TBS shot poorly, but the rest of her game - rebounds, blocks, assist/turnover ratio - was fine. She played a lot of minutes, so, she was doing something acceptable in the eyes of he-who-matters. I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that one bad shooting night equals an extended freshman slump.

Reaction Score
Give Ohio St. credit; they played well. For UConn it was a lackluster performance, yet we still won by twenty-one. I'm more concerned with the time off between our next game and Duke. I know we'll play better, but we'll have to play a lot better. Looking forward to it. Why didn't Rebecca and Pam mention that Stef would have shot two free throws anyway since Ohio St. had enough fouls to put UConn in the bonus+ category?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What is the problem?
She's averaging 19 PPG, 6 boards, 3 assists, and 3 blocks per game. Her FG% is 52% and shoots 38% from the 3. She didn't have a great game. Left most of her shots short. Having said that, I'm not sure she "has a problem". Hence the sarcastic replies to your comment...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Give Ohio St. credit; they played well. For UConn it was a lackluster performance, yet we still won by twenty-one. I'm more concerned with the time off between our next game and Duke. I know we'll play better, but we'll have to play a lot better. Looking forward to it. Why didn't Rebecca and Pam mention that Stef would have shot two free throws anyway since Ohio St. had enough fouls to put UConn in the bonus+ category?
I was thinking the same thing. Instead she focused on McGuff being "rightfully upset" that she got to shoot 3 FT's...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I was at the game and agree Ohio State played pretty well. They executed reasonably crisply on offense and were generally tough on defense. UConn did not play its best game by any means, but Ohio State has enough talent to put up more resistance versus the likes of Monmouth or the Bonnies. This game kind of reminded me of the UMD or penn State game last year. Hopefully it's not as much of a foreshadow of what was to come later...although what ultimately did come was a national championship.

Speaking of. Uconn is and will continue to be six games away from another NC!

Reaction Score
Are the people complaining that blowouts are boring, happy now :)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Yeah...six blocks in a game is rough. We have it tough having her on the team.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Ohio played a very tough zone defense inside. They gave us the three and we were 6-24. Without Kaleena back, many teams will pack it inside and dare us to hit the three. I f we continue to shoot 6-24, we're not going to look great against the better teams. But if we continue to play outstanding defense we'll play well enough to win against almost everybody.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought her midrange jumpshot was way off. In some cases, it was shot in traffic or with some contact.

I thought she played defense very well.

She looked rusty, as did most of the team. It will get better.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. Instead she focused on McGuff being "rightfully upset" that she got to shoot 3 FT's...

Maybe he convinced her, she sunk the first two, and missed the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom