UConn Vs ECU game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn Vs ECU game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd give anything to be a fly on the wall in the locker room at halftime. Only while Geno is having a fit about ball control and offensive execution, mind you- not while anyone's getting changed...
Are you kidding? He's so mad he's blistering the paint off the walls.

Reaction Score
I thought the Stanford game was worse. Especially since their D wasn't as good this helter skelter ECU team has. They're small but quick.
Yeah but that's Stanford. There are high school teams that would blow this ECU team out. Not to mention they played a lot of their bench so it wasn't like their best players were even playing that much.

Reaction Score
Kerith Burke after asking Geno about what he was so upset about ? Geno "That was about the worst half of basketball here in Connecticut in 30 years" and then Geno walks to the locker.
Kerith "No time for a follow up question" !!!! Love it.

Reaction Score
Geno: "That's the worst half of basketball I've seen in 30 years at UConn." But Geno- tell us what you really think. ECU is VERY physical and the refs are not calling much on them, they could be whistled every time on the defensive end, and so they continue their bruising hammering style of play. ECU looks like the Philadelphia Flyers out there. We are throwing the ball around terribly. sloppy. Tuck and Chong seem very tentative but that's no excuse for the lousy play. And where's KML?

Reaction Score
That was expected. Stef was a great passer and had impeccable timing to make the pass at just the right time.
What really helped with Stef is that she could do so many things with the ball in her hand and so it made it extraordinarily difficult on the defense. She could just stand with the ball elevated over her head and take her sweet time making a decision and looking for the optimum play. Would she pivot right and shoot, pivot left and shoot, penetrate or wait for the cutter. Her defender, in most cases, could do little or nothing except get totally frustrated.

Reaction Score
Stewie with 18 points in the 1st half and that was missing a bunch of bunnies. And she's getting mugged left and right which is why the ECU coach complaining about the foul calls was pretty funny.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I think Geno walked away so he didn't say something that he would regret.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
How do you know you are not even watching what we are posting about! By the way Coach Auriemma called it "the worst half of basketball he has ever seen." So you can take it from him if you want.
Whew good thing you are here! Woohoo!!

Reaction Score
Geno: "That's the worst half of basketball I've seen in 30 years at UConn." ECU is VERY physical and the refs are not calling much on them, so they continue their bruising style of play. We are throwing the ball around terribly. sloppy. Tuck and Chong seem very tentative but that's no excuse for the lousy play. And where's KML?
Benched half way through for being ineffective and committing too many dumb fouls.

Reaction Score
I think it's not just the turnovers. He's mad because the team is so out of control. Or maybe the turnovers are because they're playing out of control.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Yeah but that's Stanford. There are high school teams that would blow this ECU team out. Not to mention they played a lot of their bench so it wasn't like their best players were even playing that much.

Well yeah, but don't forget we are "Winning" this game by a healthy margin.

Reaction Score
Geno at half: complete a pass, I don't think that's hard to do is it just to throw the ball to one of the guys on our team. that's about as bad a half of basketball in my 30 years and just walks off the interview.

I had legitimate pity for Kerith.

Reaction Score
Chong is not even close on her jump shots over the past 5 games or so.
It's hard to believe that she was averaging 30 something points a game in high school. Her shot looks so poor, with no form to her stroke at all. What happened to her?

Reaction Score
Sagarin has ECU at # 40 Massey has them at #70

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I can't believe he just blew off poor Kerith like that. I've never seen him so mad to do that to her. He just walked away from her before she could even say anything.

Geno was practically shaking with anger and he exercised good judgment in walking away.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I had legitimate pity for Kerith.
No pity from me. Pros have to do tough interviews on occasion and she handled it smoothly. Kudos to her.

Reaction Score
Stewie with 18 points, 2-2 from beyond the arc, 5-10 overall and 6-6 from the charity stripe? That's gotta feel good for her...
As good as those numbers are, it's hard to believe she missed a couple of layups. I'm happy that it appears she's having a really nice game. I'm only basing it on what I've read since I'm out of state and haven't been able to get the game.

Reaction Score
It's hard to believe that she was averaging 30 something points a game in high school. Her shot looks so poor, with no form to her stroke at all. What happened to her?

She also had a wide open teammate on the break for 2 and she pulled up and missed the rim instead.

There is something erratic about her consistency and focus that concerns me.

Reaction Score
In defense of the team, they did just play a top ten ranked team late at night less than 2 days ago. A game where they probably didn't get to bed until after 1 AM yesterday morning. Then they had a practice, hopped on a plane to ECU, and here they are playing another game. I think UConn's scheduling takes its toll. As Kara mentioned pre-game, this team has basically been on the road the entire season (to the point where they just call it the road show now) given that they've played just one game at UConn and will go a total of 54 days between on-campus games where you can walk to the game/locker room and have your fellow students behind you.

Reaction Score
Looking over the stats at halftime.
We're shooting well 55%., 7 Steals, 6 blocks, up 23 in a road game.
However, it is difficult to pass 15 TURNOVERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc