UConn-USF post game thread | The Boneyard

UConn-USF post game thread

Reaction Score
Gabby Williams is incredible and I can't wait to see what she will do for this team in the tournament. Its been a treat to watch her these past four years and I'm going to savor these next few games with her.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
But after awhile I kind of felt for Lou and Gabby. Gabby had to be in there while limping around like a elder, while Lou just couldn't shoot her way out of one of her worst shooting nights.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Before the wet blanket brigade laments our second half effort, let's note that we outscored them in each half. For us humanities/engineering majors, that means we beat them in the first half and also in the second half.

—Belts and Braces Dep't.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Forgettable 4th quarter, but let's remember that USF is a legit top 20 team who just destroyed tOSU a few weeks back. they don't match up well with us, but tonight Laska was able to go off...

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
We'e also played USF 100000 times in the past three years. They aren't scared of us anymore and are used to the pace. They are a legit team and I bet some of these teams don't want to face them in the tournament.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'd rate it more like a C or C+ game against our standard, but even though the offense wasn't the well oiled machine it usually is, the D bailed us out. Hopefully it was good for us to get a game like this out of our system prior to the NCAA's.

Give credit to USF... they're a top 25 caliber team. They made us look almost ordinary for an undefeated team.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Forgettable 4th quarter, but let's remember that USF is a legit top 20 team who just destroyed tOSU a few weeks back. they don't match up well with us, but tonight Laska was able to go off...
Why is being challenged in the 4th quarter "forgettable"? If it wasn't a challenge, then the bench kids would've played and that would have been forgettable , right? Head bang

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
First - some credit to USF. They are a very good team and they came to play. To say less is to discredit USF.

Second - its tournament time and we won! Lou and Pheesa were off a bit. Gabby was dynamic and Z created headaches for USF. We still haven't lost a game. Only two teams came within 10 points of us all season - ND and Texas.

As to the "blanket brigade" - I have the ignore button ready.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Azura! MOP Lou, Gabby, and Danger also on all-tourney,
Probably autocorrect of Azura’s name. I had to teach my iPad to accept it

Reaction Score
UConn looked tired, beaten up, and injured. They played a good and tough team in South Florida. Just want our kids to get a lot of rest, and to heal.

Wonder how far South Florida will go. Sweet Sixteen at least. They're good.

Reaction Score
Observations:

1. USF is a fine team. They are going to mess up a few people's brackets in the NCAA Tournament
2. Gabby Williams is WOW!
3. I really think there will be team(s) that will give UCONN a 4-quarter game in the NCAA Tournament

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom