Uconn tourney talk | The Boneyard

Uconn tourney talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Too early. Need to see seed, hopefully no injuries. How we close the season and tour.

Reaction Score
We have potential to get to final 8 or better but you have to ask, have we improved from beginning of season much? Answer is no. but realistically and I hate to say it but round of 32.

Reaction Score
Really hoping for at least a 6-seed. That gets us a 3-seed in second round. Just about anyone that's not a 1- or 2-seed seems very beatable and I like our chances. A 7-seed or worse makes it a lot harder for us.

Reaction Score
We are a projected 7-8 seed, but I have to say... we're a SLEEPER pick that can do the "Wichita State" as they say in this years tournament. We gotta chip on our shoulder after being ineligible last year, and I'm ready for this UConn squad to kick some absolute

Reaction Score
We have potential to get to final 8 or better but you have to ask, have we improved from beginning of season much? Answer is no. but realistically and I hate to say it but round of 32.
We had improved with our 5 contributing more.
Then DD when down and we took a step back,
Hopefully we can get it back together.

Reaction Score
round of 32, husky specs need to come off, this team needs something to go with Brimah, maybe a couple of 6-7 sleeksters with strength who can do something at the tin, maybe a big guard (how many of the current group received power 5 offers?)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ask me after the return games against UL, UC, Memphis, and SMU.

Right now we can beat anyone (FL), but it's hasn't been the case very often.

Reaction Score
If the Tournament started today, we'd be a 7 seed, and I think 2nd round is likely (though this team could also very easily lose in the first round to a #10 seed), with a Sweet 16 and beyond possible if we catch Michigan State or Kansas on a bad day.

If we finish at something like 12-6 in conference, lose in the AACT semis -- making us something like 4-6 against the other top AAC teams -- we'll be an 8/9 seed, with a 50% chance of making it out of the first round and a 5-10% chance of getting to the second weekend.

On the other hand, if we go something like 11-1 down the stretch and win the AACT, we could be a 4/5 seed, in which case I'd say we have a 50% chance of making the Sweet 16.

I think the most palatable realistic outcome is a 6 seed, a favorable matchup against a flawed 11 seed (ideally someone from a P5 conference who badly underachieved), and then a game against a 3-seed like Duke who can't really exploit our weaknesses.

Reaction Score
How far do you see the huskies going in the NCAA tournament?

BEFORE we talk about The Dance(and believe me nobody loves it more than me) we cannot(translate : ABSOLUTELY CANNOT!!!) afford anymore losses of the "toe stubbing" variety, like UCF today. I get so annoyed when I give even five seconds thought to Stanford and the Texas trip(Houston not so much SMU)
plus a "winnable game" like Cincinnati(and the Bearcats should be fraidy scared about their return trip to Connecticut) and Rutgers(was more difficult than it should have been). Given the inexperience(but growing in the right direction) of our front court and the inconsistency of Deandre(factor in injuries), it is really hard to complain about where we are.

I just think that UCF(H/A),USF(home/away),Temple(A), and Rutgers(H) are games that the team has to be determined not to let slip away. The SMU & Cincinnati games will be tough but should be winnable(both at home). Louisville(A) will be really tough to get a W. But the first(5) grouping of games that I listed will be big negative impact losses,imo, in terms of the NCAA from (obviously) seeding to, more worrisome, actual admission.

GO HUSKIES!!!
BEAT THE BEARCATS!!!

555.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members