UConn to new Big East? What happens to Husky football? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn to new Big East? What happens to Husky football?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So is AD David Benedict calling around the D1 landscape to see who wants our football?

I know whose calling Aresco, UMass. Bet they called twenty times since last night asking about our seat.

After the disaster UConn was they have a ZERO percent chance of getting in the AAC.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Interesting we haven't booked any MAC OOC games in some time.

Pretty much hate all these options equally.

AAC: Conf will seek to push us out anyway possible ASAP.
MAC: Bad for attendance and TV.
CONF USA: Wow a transamerica conference of schools with lower academic standards than the local community college
Independent: Gulp - no bowl tie ins.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd like to think so.

UConn solved the AAC’s northeast problem. They don’t fit culturally and can’t compete.

It’s going to be an Old Dominion or something like that. Army makes no sense either and Air Force would have a BYU problem as a football only.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
UConn solved the AAC’s northeast problem. They don’t fit culturally and can’t compete.

It’s going to be an Old Dominion or something like that. Army makes no sense either and Air Force would have a BYU problem as a football only.

Yeah - good points. Does Temple follow 12 months after we blaze this path?

ODU and maybe Georgia Southern seem poised.

Reaction Score
If these stories are true I'd say just eliminate football altogether and pour all your resources into basketball. Personally I find basketball borderline unwatchable, but at least your school could potentially succeed at it again. The Football Program on the other hand will be so gutted that TV may need to run a disclaimer that young fans and those with sensitive conditions should leave the room before kickoff.

You think HCRE has a hard time recruiting now? Wait until he's selling playing New Mexico State Home and Away in the same season. Too bad donors just sunk good money into facilities improvements. I wonder how they feel knowing their money was spent on a program that may not exist in a few years. This is a real shame IMO. The school is giving up everything that's been sunk into the football side, just so a vocal minority of fans can enjoy watching nostalgia hoops with Gtown, Providence and Villanova twice a year.

Reaction Score
If staying in the AAC is a no go for football I'm hoping for the MAC. I think its easily our next best option where there are no good options.

Reaction Score
This move is making me sick to my stomach. To the rest of the teams in the AAC don’t think you get our share of the ten contract. You don’t. ESPN made the contract if UConn or Cincy leaves the contract $$ decrease. Not sure if a new contract is written.

Reaction Score
Why would we do this now???? Wait until next round of realignment and then make the dumb move to the big east.

What an embarrassment.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
IDK - I think the university's first choice is to remain in the AAC. After that, I think only independent football makes sense with an SNY/FOX deal. I don't see how going MAC or CONF USA does anything for us what so ever.

Hello BYU and UMass, we will be friends.

Reaction Score
I do feel bad for Randy. Even if this turns out ok, having to be on the defensive regarding football's future has to be a hard sell. As if his job wasn't hard enough.

This will not turn out ok.

Reaction Score
Dennis Dodd @dennisdoddcbs 57 seconds ago
This day may have been destined for UConn following the 2011 Fiesta Bowl when the Huskies were boat-raced by OU. Lost game, P5 status and momentum toward moving up. Edsall bolted. Could have been final straw toward a playoff -- that an 8-4 UConn could get to a major bowl.

Reaction Score
Why would we do this now???? Wait until next round of realignment and then make the dumb move to the big east.

What an embarrassment.

at least wait until September when football has already started. What is this going to do to the 2019 season?

and if the Big East leaked this when we didn't want them to that should be our first clue to put the breaks on this and stay in the AAC.

B12

Reaction Score
IDK - I think the university's first choice is to remain in the AAC. After that, I think only independent football makes sense with an SNY/FOX deal. I don't see how going MAC or CONF USA does anything for us what so ever.

Hello BYU and UMass, we will be friends.
I kinda wonder if BYU would be a longshot at #12 in the NBE.

Wichita ST, BYU, Liberty, etc could all fit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom