UConn - The 6th Borough | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn - The 6th Borough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I get where you're coming from but unlike Yankee shirts that use the same idea, there are no dedicated UCONN subway lines to use on the shirt. The only thing I can think of is that they could have used the lines that lead to The Garden and not tried to spell out UCONN in the icons. That would probably keep us all happy because I love where their head was at with this and I'll be buying multiples.

Easy folks. All one has to do is check the map to see that the color coding is off. Had I been serious, I probably wouldn't have provided evidence to the contrary. There's a rule I forgot to follow: If you're the only one that "gets it," it ain't funny.

For what it's worth, I too like the concept. It's immediately recognizable to those of us that worked, or spent a lot of time, in the city. I hope it's part of, or ties into, an integrated program that identifies and stresses the UCONN, NYC relationship.

By the way, the more I see, the closer I get to convincing myself that the "Civil" whatever (and UCF) thing was not a Diaco idea. I'll explain myself when my fragile psyche is better equipped to handle the ridicule I'll probably receive.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
EDIT: I'm going to take this back and say the shirts make total sense. After much thought and a bong hit or two I realize that the shirt's main point is that UCONN/Storrs is the fictional, 6th borough of NYC. Thus, we can use as many fictional subway stops as we like.

So sayeth the shepherd, so sayeth The Yard.
upload_2015-12-3_16-22-22.png

So yeah, UConn's uh not like really in New York man, so, like, it's cool that it's not a real train line, not a train, train, man, but an underground train..in a city...what do they call those? Yeah...a subway......oh a Subway would be awesome right now!

Reaction Score
I got my 6th borough t-shirt in the mail yesterday. My wife is "thrilled" :confused: that I bought another UConn t-shirt/sweatshirt/hat/beer-bottle-opener-that-plays-fight-song/etc.... It may be time for her to go ;). I keeed, I keeed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I got my 6th borough t-shirt in the mail yesterday. My wife is "thrilled" :confused: that I bought another UConn t-shirt/sweatshirt/hat/beer-bottle-opener-that-plays-fight-song/etc.... It may be time for her to go ;). I keeed, I keeed.
SAMCO: Alright, my 6th Borough t-shirt came!

Mrs. SAMCO: "Sigh, Do you really need another UConn shirt."

SAMCO: "Yes, do you really need to keep flapping your damn pie hole woman?

Mrs. SAMCO: "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?"

SAMCO: Nothing, wait, that was out loud? Crap, it's gonna be a long weekend.

Reaction Score
SAMCO: Alright, my 6th Borough t-shirt came!

Mrs. SAMCO: "Sigh, Do you really need another UConn shirt."

SAMCO: "Yes, do you really need to keep flapping your damn pie hole woman?

Mrs. SAMCO: "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?"

SAMCO: Nothing, wait, that was out loud? Crap, it's gonna be a long weekend.
Pretty much nailed it.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Rye, NY and Port Chester, NY were part of Connecticut in colonial times. If we take them back, we'll only be about 8 miles from the Bronx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom