UConn - The 6th Borough | The Boneyard

UConn - The 6th Borough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Clearly stepping up their trolling game.

UConnTrademark 4:55pm via TweetDeck
On sale later this week; UConn, The 6th Borough. More info to come. @UConn @UConnHuskies #newyorkscollegeteam
CVF0zsMXIAEQG1-.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be something to have these available at the Pinstripe Bowl when we play NC State or Miami? :)

Reaction Score
Who would buy that? Lol.
Someone who um likes colors.

I give them an A for effort. For years we've been screaming they should do more to promote, they're at least trying now. Execution could be better though.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Great marketing concept. Slaps the Cuse in the face.

Reaction Score
Great marketing concept. Slaps the Cuse in the face.

Storrs has a better chance than Syracuse of being a borough of NYC. Afterall, 140 (miles between Gampel and MSG) is less than 260 (miles between the Carrier Dome and MSG).

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Someone more gifted than I needs to create a shirt with a little "BOSTON" in the upper right corner, a little "NYC" in the lower left, and a big "UCONN" in between them, at a 45 degree angle.

Between NYC and Boston, we're #1. And we dominate that area a lot more convincingly than Rutgers does from NYC to Philly.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Another B1G checklist item? Where's Conspiracy Kitty?

Reaction Score
Could have put storrs then a logo. This shirt is too inside jokeish to make an impression on anyone who doesn't already get it. That said I'll take one of each

Reaction Score
And we dominate that area a lot more convincingly than Rutgers does from NYC to Philly.
Definitely would not say that, being from NJ my childhood and living in New England the next 7 years (including Boston the last 3).

But the geographical area between NY and Filthadelphia is much smaller and only consists of one state with one state school. Meanwhile between Ny and Boston you have to include at the very least Umess.

Unless you mean from a pure on-court/field performance. Then I agree.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Definitely would not say that, being from NJ my childhood and living in New England the next 7 years (including Boston the last 3).

But the geographical area between NY and Filthadelphia is much smaller and only consists of one state with one state school. Meanwhile between Ny and Boston you have to include at the very least Umess.

Unless you mean from a pure on-court/field performance. Then I agree.

Every once in a while you see these fan maps showing support for each school by zip code. The last one I saw had UConn convincingly winning between NYC and Boston, mainly in CT. And it showed Rutgers barely winning between NYC and Philly, with Penn State and ND almost even with Rutgers.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Sarcastic? The only one that matches is one of the Ns? There isn't a U or O train and the C is blue.

You're overthinking it. As a UCONN grad who rides the NYC subway often, I love it! Great concept and execution. I can't understand the negativity.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You're overthinking it. As a UCONN grad who rides the NYC subway often, I love it! Great concept and execution. I can't understand the negativity.

I don't think I'm overthinking it, just think it's dumb. Just saying you can't say its accurate when only 1of 3 subway lines are right lol.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I don't think I'm overthinking it, just think it's dumb. Just saying you can't say its accurate when only 1of 3 subway lines are right lol.

I get where you're coming from but unlike Yankee shirts that use the same idea, there are no dedicated UCONN subway lines to use on the shirt. The only thing I can think of is that they could have used the lines that lead to The Garden and not tried to spell out UCONN in the icons. That would probably keep us all happy because I love where their head was at with this and I'll be buying multiples.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I get where you're coming from but unlike Yankee shirts that use the same idea, there are no dedicated UCONN subway lines to use on the shirt. The only thing I can think of is that they could have used the lines that lead to The Garden and not tried to spell out UCONN in the icons. That would probably keep us all happy because I love where their head was at with this and I'll be buying multiples.

EDIT: I'm going to take this back and say the shirts make total sense. After much thought and a bong hit or two I realize that the shirt's main point is that UCONN/Storrs is the fictional, 6th borough of NYC. Thus, we can use as many fictional subway stops as we like.

So sayeth the shepherd, so sayeth The Yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom