UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 18 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Incarnate Word's game tonight (2/19) has been cancelled.

facebook_32.png
Napheesa Collier #00 : Bad news everyone tonight's game was canceled because of a water main break at Napheesa's school!! And it was senior night too!! #BleedBlue #Napheesa #McDonaldsAllAmerican

Reaction Score
I watched AEH's game that was posted above. Am I the only one who thinks she looks and plays like our own KML?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I watched AEH's game that was posted above. Am I the only one who thinks she looks and plays like our own KML?

She moves and shoots in a similar fashion to KML---very deliberately.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Boykin is expected to have the cast on her right wrist removed next week and, upon receiving medical clearance by her doctors hopes to return to the C.H. Flowers lineup at some point during the Maryland 4A South region playoffs in the coming weeks.

Since then, Boykin has only been able to watch in a hard cast as C.H. Flowers compiled a 15-5 record. Like Carter, she spoke with her future college coaches in order to determine how to proceed. Boykin said Connecticut has already given its blessing to her plan.

“As long as I feel I’m okay with it, then they’re fine with it,” Boykin said. “I didn’t want my senior year to be like this in the first place. I just wish I was able to play my whole senior year. But everybody says an injury is a step back for a major comeback and so I’m just looking forward to coming out and playing.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-carter-deal-with-risk-in-return-from-injury/

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blair won its semi Thursday to advance to the Prep A title game. No report or stats yet.

The title game will be live on Youtube Saturday at 2:00 Eastern.

The link:

Reaction Score
Thanks Sluconn Husky. Am I crazy or is this a rematch of the game I watched a week or so ago?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blair won its Prep league title again. Espinoza-Hunter was 3-9 at one point but had a big 3rd quarter to finish with 19 points (6-12 fg) including 3 threes. She had a beautiful 3-pt play, and also hit a three from 4 feet behind the line at 47:30 in the above vid.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blackman repeats as league champs with a 55-47 win tonight. Crystal D led the way with 21 points.

Trevor Goodson™ ‏@CousinTrevvv
Crystal Dangerfield has once again been shot out of a cannon.... Gets a steal and scores before anyone else crosses the half court logo.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Dangerfield also had 4 boards, 3 steals, and 3 assists in the district title game. Now Blackman moves on to the regional tourney starting Monday.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Napheesa Collier was back at it Saturday:

The centerpiece for this thrashing was reigning two-time Post-Dispatch All-Metro Player of the Year Napheesa Collier. The Connecticut recruit and McDonald's All-American selection was, as she often is, stunning. She finished with 21 points, 17 rebounds and nine blocks. Try as it might the past three seasons, St. Joseph's had no answers for the 6-foot-1 Collier. Now that she has played her final game against the Angels, there was some rejoicing.

“What's that big word? Hallelujah,” St. Joseph's coach Julie Matheny said. “That was the longest three years ever. It felt like six. She's a delight, she's fun to watch obviously. I prefer watching her play somebody else. I wish her well and I'm glad we had the chance to compete against her.”

Collier was everywhere. Handling the ball, crashing the glass and attacking the rim. A strong paint presence at the high school level, she will put those immense skills to work on the perimeter at Connecticut. After an elite group of seniors graduated from Incarnate last season, Collier was asked to do more with a younger varsity lineup. She has done that and then some.

“It's good for me because next year I'm not going to be a post,” Collier said. “It's good to start practicing that.”

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high...cle_8a39f958-ba2b-11e4-84c7-875e3077c2dc.html

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Have to say I hope she is wrong about her future position because she's incredible within 12 feet of the basket.

Maybe she just means she won't be exclusively a post which was often was at IW.

Reaction Score
Have to say I hope she is wrong about her future position because she's incredible within 12 feet of the basket.

Maybe she just means she won't be exclusively a post which was often was at IW.

Next year there will be KML's position to fill in the starting rotation. It seems that KLS would be a natural fit there but you never know.
Jefferson _ Chong
Nurse _ Collier
Stewart _ Butler
Tuck _ Williams
KLS _ Boykin/Ekmark
What do you think ?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
What do you think ?

I think it's logical that KLS will be KML's successor since they have fairly similar playing styles and shooting abilities. As far as the starting lineup next year, I'd be surprised if Geno has a freshmen replace her. He had KML come off the bench as a frosh though she played lots of minutes. In the recent All-Access show he talked about how KML's role as a frosh was simply to score, hinting that the rest of her game would come later. I'd assume he will think similar of Lou.

It'll be real interesting to see who gets that starting spot. This year they originally tried to go with a more pure "center" in Stokes early. That plan combined with Butler's college experience and year of practicing makes me think Butler will get the first shot. But then he also likes versatility and forwards who can pass and move which would make Collier a great fit. He could also go with Williams but I think he likes her energy off the bench. Four possible choices, but I think NB gets first crack with Lou in a scoring role off the bench.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Next year there will be KML's position to fill in the starting rotation. It seems that KLS would be a natural fit there but you never know.
Jefferson _ Chong
Nurse _ Collier
Stewart _ Butler
Tuck _ Williams
KLS _ Boykin/Ekmark
What do you think ?
Wouldn't be surprised if Gabby starts early and KLS comes off the bench quickly into each game. Geno normally likes to bring freshmen off the bench- when he can.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I'd guess Chong starts next year. Another year under her belt as she keeps improving to end this season. Gets another veteran in to the lineup and sticks to Geno's theory of not starting a freshman unless necessary.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Actually they was at first night together. They probably hit it off while visiting

Ah, you're right. Forgot about that. Was hoping there were other reasons behind her tweet.

Reaction Score
I'd guess Chong starts next year. Another year under her belt as she keeps improving to end this season. Gets another veteran in to the lineup and sticks to Geno's theory of not starting a freshman unless necessary.

I don't see that. Then we'd be going very small to start every game. Kia Nurse would be undersized as a sf. Our weakets attribute this year is rebounding - this would amplify it to start games thus putting players at risk for fouls.

I go with slu- start Butler. I think any of one of the 4 can start- Butler/KLS/Gabby or Collier.

Saniya has to beat out Kia imo if she wants to start. But her sr year she has super chance to start - then we'd have "The RealDanger" coming off the bench.

Reaction Score

Chong starts in what position? MoJett and Kia are back at the guard positions. And there is no reason to start small with 3 guards.

Reaction Score
Ah, you're right. Forgot about that. Was hoping there were other reasons behind her tweet.

A big thank you for all the updates entered. I think we owe you a debt of gratitude for keeping us up to date.

GO Huskies! I am so excited for all the incoming and verbally committed players. The future is bright.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blackman had a 29-0 run tonight in its blowout win in the first game of their regional tourney. Dangerfield scored 15 points.

Blackman moves on to the semis Wednesday.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Lou plays tonight at 7pm. PST
I will try and post quarterly updates, assuming my smart phone works at the gym.
When KML played for Mater Dei and her team played Brea(the opponent tonight), the gym would be rocking with close to 1,000. fans. I dont think there will be that many there tonight, but it is the top 2 teams from OC playing each other.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou plays tonight at 7pm. PST
I will try and post quarterly updates, assuming my smart phone works at the gym.
When KML played for Mater Dei and her team played Brea(the opponent tonight), the gym would be rocking with close to 1,000. fans. I dont think there will be that many there tonight, but it is the top 2 teams from OC playing each other.
Cool! Thanks! Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01