UConn Showing Interest in Canadian Guard ('14) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Showing Interest in Canadian Guard ('14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"I see it" definitely if she is 6 foot. If someone is 6 foot and appears to have very good athleticism, no reason why they can't defend the small forward position. If she is 6 foot and Gneo is recruitiing her, I suspect she is also a 3.
There's just nothing to indicate that.

Reaction Score

We're just going to have to disagree. I think it rare a 6 foot player can be 10th ranked and be consideed very good with the ball and not be conidered athletic enough to defend sf's.

Reaction Score

I just did what others did about googling Kia Nurse. I googled "Kia Nurse vidoes." One site from scout.com refers to her as 6'0 and can play at the 1-4 positions.

Reaction Score
I just did what others did about googling Kia Nurse. I googled "Kia Nurse vidoes." One site from scout.com refers to her as 6'0 and can play at the 1-4 positions.

I'm pretty sure I know the site you're talking about. If I'm right, your source is a Georgia fan who frequently posts on the Scout board for Georgia WBB. From what I've seen that guy's info is far from 100% accurate. The question is where did he get his info from. Who knows? He doesn't say. How much stock should anyone put into anything he posts?

An educated guess based on how the heights of prospects are usually reported would lead to a tentative conclusion that she's not 6-0. My guess is she's probably between 5-10 and 5-11.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I just think like well just like every post in this like thread is like cool!:cool:

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I know the site you're talking about. If I'm right, your source is a Georgia fan who frequently posts on the Scout board for Georgia WBB. From what I've seen that guy's info is far from 100% accurate. The question is where did he get his info from. Who knows? He doesn't say. How much stock should anyone put into anything he posts?

An educated guess based on how the heights of prospects are usually reported would lead to a tentative conclusion that she's not 6-0. My guess is she's probably between 5-10 and 5-11.

I don't know. I couldn't get into the site. I just saw a commens below the search. I assumed it would be from the site. My bad. Okay it's from a poster just like any of us. Then believe at your own "peril!"

Which anyone would do anyways.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We're just going to have to disagree. I think it rare a 6 foot player can be 10th ranked and be consideed very good with the ball and not be conidered athletic enough to defend sf's.
Well 1) she not ranked 10th, she's ranked 97th. 2) the ranking service (Bluestar) says she's a 1/2, not a 3. As to who she can guard, we don't really know.

Reaction Score
Well 1) she not ranked 10th, she's ranked 97th. 2) the ranking service (Bluestar) says she's a 1/2, not a 3. As to who she can guard, we don't really know.

Actually, until recently she was ranked #95. Within the last few days, Blue Star shifted her to #10. They did this without reranking anyone else. Below are screenshots from the Blue Star site from today. Note the two #10s:
1zdxee1.jpg

Note the missing #95:
21eomf5.jpg

Reaction Score
I'd like to know how Bluestar arrived at that 95 ranking of Nurse.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Actually, until recently she was ranked #95. Within the last few days, Blue Star shifted her to #10. They did this without reranking anyone else. Below are screenshots from the Blue Star site from today. Note the two #10s:
1zdxee1.jpg

Note the missing #95:
21eomf5.jpg
Haven't looked at the Bluestar Rankings in a few weeks, but the last one I saw was #97. I would say it's odd to have two #10's, but I noticed there were a couple double numbers and a couple missing ones last time I looked.

Reaction Score

Well- again - IMO you can review past players ranked in top ten- in this case 10- or so - and if they also say players that are 6 foot that are also good with getting to the rim (breaking their player off the dribble)- imo you'd be hard presed to not find a player that is athletic enough to guard opposing sf's imo. I need to see examples of this not being the case to not beleive it.

Do I know this for certain to be true? No. But you don't know either. But you said on your initial post - your last sentence was- "But I just don't see it." But the sentence prior you say "If Geno and UCONNwant her, great!" You're acknowledging you don't know just like me. I don't know either. It's all perception as to how we "see things." I was just offering "how I see things" even though I (and you) don't know. I can't change your opinion just offering things how I see it. Please don't take this as argument or offense.

I do think we are both in agreement - we trust Geno.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well- again - IMO you can review past players ranked in top ten- in this case 10- or so - and if they also say players that are 6 foot that are also good with getting to the rim (breaking their player off the dribble)- imo you'd be hard presed to not find a player that is athletic enough to guard opposing sf's imo. I need to see examples of this not being the case to not beleive it.

Do I know this for certain to be true? No. But you don't know either. But you said on your initial post - your last sentence was- "But I just don't see it." But the sentence prior you say "If Geno and UCONNwant her, great!" You're acknowledging you don't know just like me. I don't know either. It's all perception as to how we "see things." I was just offering "how I see things" even though I (and you) don't know. I can't change your opinion just offering things how I see it. Please don't take this as argument or offense.

I do think we are both in agreement - we trust Geno.
The question wasn't who she can guard, the question was if she was a 1/2/3 or not. And according to the writeup from Bluestar, she is a 1/2. I on the other hand need to see an example or article or information of her playing the 3 (or 4) in order to contradict what I've already found on her.....she's a 1/2. You have not given any evidence that she can play the 3 other than she's (supposedly) 6-0. Which some people have already said may not be the case. Just because someone is 6-0 doesn't automatically make them a wing.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'd like to know how Bluestar arrived at that 95 ranking of Nurse.
I'm not sure if i've ever seen them rank a foreign player before.

For people who are wondering about recruiting her when Durr and Samuelson are on the horizon, remember Geno also recruited Caldwell AND Canada and missed out on both. Clearly he wants another guard.

Having said that, however, I think he landed Edwards after Caldwell and Canada both said no, correct? So what do I know. Still, talented top 10 PG or center don't grow on trees...

Reaction Score
The question wasn't who she can guard, the question was if she was a 1/2/3 or not. And according to the writeup from Bluestar, she is a 1/2. I on the other hand need to see an example or article or information of her playing the 3 (or 4) in order to contradict what I've already found on her.....she's a 1/2. You have not given any evidence that she can play the 3 other than she's (supposedly) 6-0. Which some people have already said may not be the case. Just because someone is 6-0 doesn't automatically make them a wing.

Your reply was "I don't see it." You're not wrong. Nor am I. I "see it." If you choose to not believe what I said - you don't have to. I choose to beleive that the point I gave you is "evidence" enough for me. We don't have to see thigns the same and we are not in a court of law. Your perception is she is 1/2 based on what you've been told. My perception is that I agree with you she is a 1/2 but I believe because she is 6 foot she can guard small forwards as well - thus can also be a 3. If she can gaurd 3's and she is on the court with the other 1/2's we already have - she is a 3 imo whcih is why I focused on "if she can defend 3's." Which is why I said "I see it" becuase I beeilve it. The moment she is on the court with any 2 of our other gaurds I beleive she'll be the one to guard the sf's. Who knows? We don't know for sure.

And I agree with you- as I have also said "IF" she is 6 foot. If she is 5'8 which someone suggested.-- she is a 1/2.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Your reply was "I don't see it."
My reply was "I don't see it" as in I don't see Geno recruiting another 1/2. Still don't. Since all the evidence (at least that I've seen) points to her being a 1/2. Since Geno already has or will have
Banks - 2
Jefferson - 1
Chong - 2/1
Williams - 1/2
Edwards - 2/1
Ekmark - 2/3

And we know he is looking at a couple PGs in 2015. Durr and Cole. And Samuelson (2/3). The need for another 1/2 in the 2104 class is pretty much nil.

That's why I don't see it, it makes no sense.

You "see it" because she's supposedly 6-0. That's pretty weak and makes no sense.

DT was (is) 6-0, she can defend a "3", but she is not a wing (3), she's a 2/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom