UConn Recruiting Speculation | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agreed, I do think that it has meaning behind it. You don’t just follow people who you don’t like or know to some degree. Given the recent follows of UConn connections like Morgan chelis dad, this Guy Tom and her mom following UConn players. Hopefully she is headed to storrs soon.
But then you see her follows to the Duke players and they all cancel out haha

Reaction Score

So sorry if you think anything about social media in relation to Sarah Strong is stupid (but I love to know any tiny little fact that can connect Sarah to UConn). We only have like one week left to speculate about her, so I’m milking it for all it’s worth lol. But she followed someone named Tom Blodgett on Instagram today. I have no idea who he is or how he might be connected, but he claims to be old friends with Geno… so that’s something at least. Scroll to second picture for a picture of him and Geno from February

Should I be concerned that Tom Blodgett looks a lot like Caitlin Clark's dad?

Reaction Score
for all s/strong speculators:

in chipotle game this a.m. she went down in 3rd Q. she returned later.

BUT, she was tended by staff before going to the locker room (or somewhere out of the arena) and it seemed very ominous. it appeared she injured her KNEE and it looked like one of those non-contact injuries when she took (and made) a trey.

at first, appeared it could have been just a twisted ankle from landing awkwardly, but they were definitely working on the knee region when she was out.

couldn't help but think about the uconn curse. sigh. Non-contact and knee -- like azzi and paige. Like azzi, a game after graduating from high school that was just played because she was so celebrated.

anyway, not clean yet if it's minor or a big deal. maybe it's an omen that she's decided to join the huskies -- a #1 recruit added to a team the bb gods have favored with their displeasure.

BTW, when sarah was on the court, she was outstanding. kelis fisher started and was promising. i did not see lara somfai. didn't know her uniform # and commentators never mentioned her.

games was on espnu.
so you're saying she would fit right in at UConn..........:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
But then you see her follows to the Duke players and they all cancel out haha
Agreed. I’m sure she’s been on her visit and followed some of the players. She just folllowed almost every player in the Mac Donald’s all American game. We saw it with Arianna Roberson as well when she followed the entire team after her UConn visit. Following the parent of another recruit who lives in California is still interesting.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

So sorry if you think anything about social media in relation to Sarah Strong is stupid (but I love to know any tiny little fact that can connect Sarah to UConn). We only have like one week left to speculate about her, so I’m milking it for all it’s worth lol. But she followed someone named Tom Blodgett on Instagram today. I have no idea who he is or how he might be connected, but he claims to be old friends with Geno… so that’s something at least. Scroll to second picture for a picture of him and Geno from February

Say Geno is an old friend’s dad.

Reaction Score

By the way, I did scroll just to see who he is, mainly because his name reminded me of Cindy Blodgett, former basketball player from Maine.

Reaction Score
I'm keeping my toes crossed that UCONN gets Strong. My fear is that she will commit to Duke and then transfer to UT once Lawson is announced the coach.

Reaction Score
I'm keeping my toes crossed that UCONN gets Strong. My fear is that she will commit to Duke and then transfer to UT once Lawson is announced the coach.
I don’t think she’s considering Duke for Kara Lawson. She seems to want to stay close to home and her close friend Roberson committed to Duke. I don’t think Lawson is the biggest draw there from what I’ve observed.

Reaction Score
Then would Roberson and Fournier de-committ? Supposedly Van Lith is now in the portal, maybe she thinks Kara can make her a point guard, whether that be at Duke or Tenn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Then would Roberson and Fournier de-committ? Supposedly Van Lith is now in the portal, maybe she thinks Kara can make her a point guard, whether that be at Duke or Tenn.
Spoken like a true "speculator!!!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Should someone put up a poll. I got 5 the last time

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Yep Saturday half time of the HS championship game. The SS sweepstakes, on ESPN.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

What Lawson are you talking about? Pamela Lawson? Clara Lawson?
Spoken like a true "speculator!!!

You call it speculation... I call it some straight up *$@$#&&$

Reaction Score

I shared my theory about Sarah Strong’s commitment on Twitter but thought I’d share it on here too because some people think it could be plausible. Obviously, we will know where she’s headed tomorrow so speculation won’t change anything. I just like to have as much info as possible so I’m not surprised (so please be kind when you rip apart this theory and tell me how silly it is that I thought this in the first place)

Reaction Score

I shared my theory about Sarah Strong’s commitment on Twitter but thought I’d share it on here too because some people think it could be plausible. Obviously, we will know where she’s headed tomorrow so speculation won’t change anything. I just like to have as much info as possible so I’m not surprised (so please be kind when you rip apart this theory and tell me how silly it is that I thought this in the first place)

I’m not mad at it! This definitely gave me hope that she’s coming to UConn. Hoping your theory is correct.

Reaction Score
I’m not mad at it! This definitely gave me hope that she’s coming to UConn. Hoping your theory is correct.
I’m just hoping if I’m onto something with this theory that it’s not like other commitment videos where it shows them in all the jerseys of their top schools (because then the Connecticut video means nothing). It literally could go any way and it’s making me anxious!!! Lol

Reaction Score
IMG_1731.jpeg

Here was another theory brought up a little bit ago about this picture. The actors dad had posted this as if it was a photo shoot happening today (so maybe way to close to Sarah’s commitment to be related to a potential commitment video). What if this picture isn’t part of a commitment announcement, what if it is part of a campaign for Sarah to announce an NIL deal with Fila. Notice that the girl in the picture is wearing Fila shoes when UConn, UNC, and Duke are all Nike schools.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
When it comes to sports fandom (or fanaticism), I say, "We are fans first and, at a very distant second, realists." :)

Reaction Score
View attachment 98963
Here was another theory brought up a little bit ago about this picture. The actors dad had posted this as if it was a photo shoot happening today (so maybe way to close to Sarah’s commitment to be related to a potential commitment video). What if this picture isn’t part of a commitment announcement, what if it is part of a campaign for Sarah to announce an NIL deal with Fila. Notice that the girl in the picture is wearing Fila shoes when UConn, UNC, and Duke are all Nike schools.
No shade, but do they still make Fila shoes?
It still seems on par with your first theory because Fila shoes are throwbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89