UConn Recruiting Speculation | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sarah Strong has said in an interview yesterday that she wants to play close to home, for her family

Reaction Score
Sarah Strong has said in an interview yesterday that she wants to play close to home, for her family
I'd like to see the context of that interview - though I've leaned toward she is going to choose Duke.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why folks are fretting about scholarship limits.
For a player that Coach Geno wants, the NIL will certainly be considerably more than the tuition payment, so they could be walk-on

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This thread is for UConn recruiting speculation. Please stay on topic

Reaction Score
Mark Schindler on Sarah Stong in his McDonald’s All-American Game breakdown. Mark is really insightful and one of my favorite WBB accounts to follow.

IMG_3507.jpeg
IMG_3509.jpeg

Reaction Score
Should we be worried that Megan Duffy might put a full court pressure on Lara Somfai being VT was one of her picks
With all due respect to H.C. Megan Duffy.... how can anyone miss the difference between H.C. Duffy and
Geno and UCONN vs Virginia Tech. Plus, It will take some time for Megan to " instill" her BB strategy
at Tech..... Lara knows what she will be getting in STORRS. Anyhow, best wishes to Coach Duffy, a
well-deserved step up.... maybe warmer too??

Reaction Score
I wonder if this means Karlen is only in the portal in order to follow her coach to Va Tech. I imagine she is not a possibility for UConn.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
With all due respect to H.C. Megan Duffy.... how can anyone miss the difference between H.C. Duffy and
Geno and UCONN vs Virginia Tech. Plus, It will take some time for Megan to " instill" her BB strategy
at Tech..... Lara knows what she will be getting in STORRS. Anyhow, best wishes to Coach Duffy, a
well-deserved step up.... maybe warmer too??
Recruits always know what they can get at UConn: great team, reliable final 4 appearances, support towards their degree, and wnba prep coaching.

Still it can be appealing to go somewhere where you are a lock to start for 4 years, and if you are a winner you become the Lobo, Taurasi or Bird at that school. Kitley may actually already be the Lobo for tech.

I wish they would all come to UConn, but there is often logic in other choices.

Reaction Score
Recruits always know what they can get at UConn: great team, reliable final 4 appearances, support towards their degree, and wnba prep coaching.

Still it can be appealing to go somewhere where you are a lock to start for 4 years, and if you are a winner you become the Lobo, Taurasi or Bird at that school. Kitley may actually already be the Lobo for tech.

I wish they would all come to UConn, but there is often logic in other choices.
“Other choices” can be helped along by negative recruiting tactics, and there’s a lot of that going on right now.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
for all s/strong speculators:

in chipotle game this a.m. she went down in 3rd Q. she returned later.

BUT, she was tended by staff before going to the locker room (or somewhere out of the arena) and it seemed very ominous. it appeared she injured her KNEE and it looked like one of those non-contact injuries when she took (and made) a trey.

at first, appeared it could have been just a twisted ankle from landing awkwardly, but they were definitely working on the knee region when she was out.

couldn't help but think about the uconn curse. sigh. Non-contact and knee -- like azzi and paige. Like azzi, a game after graduating from high school that was just played because she was so celebrated.

anyway, not clean yet if it's minor or a big deal. maybe it's an omen that she's decided to join the huskies -- a #1 recruit added to a team the bb gods have favored with their displeasure.

BTW, when sarah was on the court, she was outstanding. kelis fisher started and was promising. i did not see lara somfai. didn't know her uniform # and commentators never mentioned her.

games was on espnu.

Reaction Score

BUT, she was tended by staff before going to the locker room (or somewhere out of the arena) and it seemed very ominous. it appeared she injured her KNEE and it looked like one of those non-contact injuries when she took (and made) a trey.

at first, appeared it could have been just a twisted ankle from landing awkwardly, but they were definitely working on the knee region when she was out.

couldn't help but think about the uconn curse. sigh. Non-contact and knee -- like azzi and paige. Like azzi, a game after graduating from high school that was just played because she was so celebrated.

anyway, not clean yet if it's minor or a big deal. maybe it's an omen that she's decided to join the huskies -- a #1 recruit added to a team the bb gods have favored with their displeasure.

BTW, when sarah was on the court, she was outstanding. kelis fisher started and was promising. i did not see lara somfai. didn't know her uniform # and commentators never mentioned her.

games was on espnu.
Somfai was on the bench in warmups. If there is an injury it wasn't apparent. She was moving around OK.

Reaction Score
Somfai was on the bench in warmups. If there is an injury it wasn't apparent. She was moving around OK.
So... it is not clear to me who the "she" is? I'm assuming it is Sarah... More info please when it becomes
available!

Reaction Score

games was on espnu.
No need for the bad juju speculation. She returned to the game with 6 mins left in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
I watched the interview that Sarah did on ESPN and I think some are ignoring the question the reporter asked her about watching the elite eight games and how that impacts her decision. She responded that she watched them and that watching the tournament games help her decided which school she’s going to commit to. Hint* UConn was the only school who’s recruiting her who was in the Elite eight, and this interview was on Tuesday, which was the day after the UConn vs Usc matchup. She also said that it’s important for her to stay near home, it just depends on how far I want to go. UConn isn’t far from her home and her mom works in Boston which isn’t far. Her mom is also following kk, Aliyah Edwards, Paige, Maya and Katie Lou on Instagram. I don’t think it’s as grim as people think. We’re still in the running for sure.

Reaction Score
Watched some video on her. Big girl, who posts up strong, protects the rim on D and has some nice upside. She was obviously going to be Kitley’s successor at VA Tech before the HC bolted to KY. Whether she follows him there or would seriously consider other schools remains to be seen.
She absolutely looked like the real deal. She would fit UConn’s needs perfectly. If there is only 1 spot and she wanted to come, I would use it on her.

Reaction Score
If you have ESPN+ you can watch a replay of the game. I plan to, but while I'm here, how was Kelis?

Reaction Score

So sorry if you think anything about social media in relation to Sarah Strong is stupid (but I love to know any tiny little fact that can connect Sarah to UConn). We only have like one week left to speculate about her, so I’m milking it for all it’s worth lol. But she followed someone named Tom Blodgett on Instagram today. I have no idea who he is or how he might be connected, but he claims to be old friends with Geno… so that’s something at least. Scroll to second picture for a picture of him and Geno from February

Reaction Score

So sorry if you think anything about social media in relation to Sarah Strong is stupid (but I love to know any tiny little fact that can connect Sarah to UConn). We only have like one week left to speculate about her, so I’m milking it for all it’s worth lol. But she followed someone named Tom Blodgett on Instagram today. I have no idea who he is or how he might be connected, but he claims to be old friends with Geno… so that’s something at least. Scroll to second picture for a picture of him and Geno from February

Agreed, I do think that it has meaning behind it. You don’t just follow people who you don’t like or know to some degree. Given the recent follows of UConn connections like Morgan chelis dad, this Guy Tom and her mom following UConn players. Hopefully she is headed to storrs soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom