UCONN ranked 13th best program by CNNSI.... | The Boneyard

UCONN ranked 13th best program by CNNSI....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You can't really argue with anything they wrote both pro and con.

Con: New (lesser?) league and unproven coach. You can't say these aren't the facts. Time will tell.

Pluses: Ownership of geographic region, great program history, seems to have transitioned well from a legendary coach, big fish in a smaller conference and new faciltiies....check, check, check and check.

As far as the actual ranking number...throw those out the window...as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction Score
The 2nd sentence in says it all:

"How you choose to prioritize those things will lead to significant debate over the overall ranking of programs as they sit today."

Reaction Score
Ohio State haha, sure they recruit great but Thad Matta stinks. They did win the title over 50 years ago, that's something.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Syracuse is ahead of us.

Based on what? One season with Carmelo Anthony?

Good grief what a bunch of nonsense.
Haha, I missed that. Face it we'd been written off for dead last year's success mitigated that a bit but people still doubt us. That's what will make this year's post season run so freaking sweet. You know, it's good to be the underdog again.;)

Reaction Score
The author actually thought of not even having uconn in his top 15 at all lmfao
He wrote the following to describe the huskies,
"This could be a touch too high at the moment, ..."

Reaction Score
Ohio State haha, sure they recruit great but Thad Matta stinks. They did win the title over 50 years ago, that's something.

Actually I can understand Ohio State being that high RIGHT NOW bc they've won the Big 10 several times lately and they're normally a high seed in the tournament. But UCLA and Arizona.. I just don't see it. They seem to be getting judged off the not-so-recent past. Especially Arizona

Reaction Score

Ohio State has been to the elite eight the last two years, the sweet 16 the last four year, and have been to two final fours in the last six years with a ton of good NBA talent in that time frame. I don't see how you can have a problem with them being seventh.

Reaction Score
We play in the AAC. Until it is proven that the fact if that will not be a horror show, bets are hedged and that seems fair.

But why does anyone care? Tell your kids you love them, go sleep with you wife, but for gods sake people, stop screaming that someone on the internet is wrong every chance you get to do that.

Reaction Score
Wisconsin being ranked just voided the entire list...now how Michigan State is ranked higher than us is what baffles me most.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I expect next years list will find UConn in it's rightful place again!

Reaction Score
enough with these polls and ratings. I say no more threads about how our team and players have been dissed. Let's get this damn season started already. Is there a line on the Team Kevin v Team Geno game?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
uconn is a top ten basketball school, and you should not be paid to write about ncaa bb if you don't think so.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Haha, I missed that. Face it we'd been written off for dead last year's success mitigated that a bit but people still doubt us. That's what will make this year's post season run so freaking sweet. You know, it's good to be the underdog again.;)

Yep. That's why the Sig this year is "From Buried to Blue Blood" Its going to be a great year.

Reaction Score
Unproven coach in a ****** league. I mean, is there anyone on here that does not get bummed the ck out when they think about playing Central Florida and Houston and Tulane? Even the cheerleaders who try to convince us how great East Carolina is going to be can't really believe it. The league is a problem.

You can quibble over whether or not some of the programs deserve to be on there, but it say "current" programs, so anyone expecting to see UConn up with Kansas or Kentucky or Carolina is on something.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Unproven coach in a league. I mean, is there anyone on here that does not get bummed the ck out when they think about playing Central Florida and Houston and Tulane? Even the cheerleaders who try to convince us how great East Carolina is going to be can't really believe it. The league is a problem.

You can quibble over whether or not some of the programs deserve to be on there, but it say "current" programs, so anyone expecting to see UConn up with Kansas or Kentucky or Carolina is on something.

Because Kentucky and Kansas play in far superior basketball leagues? Right now its the ACC in tier 1 and about 7 leagues in Tier 2.
Big 12? Kansas and flavor of the year. SEC? UK, Florida and flavor of the year. AAC after the Ville departs? Uconn, Memphis and flavor of the year.

Reaction Score
Because Kentucky and Kansas play in far superior basketball leagues? Right now its the ACC in tier 1 and about 7 leagues in Tier 2.
Big 12? Kansas and flavor of the year. SEC? UK, Florida and flavor of the year. AAC after the Ville departs? Uconn, Memphis and flavor of the year.

I'd say ACC Tier 1, Big Ten Tier 2, Everyone else Tier 3.

Reaction Score

Tell yourself what you need to. You could also consider the fact that both schools are probably 1 and 1A in terms of recruiting success the last few years. They play to packed houses on national television constantly. Etc.

I get the homer impulse, but mix in a little reality. These are uncharted waters for UConn in several respects. It doesn't make you less of a fan to admit that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom