UConn predictions | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
B1G will move one more time, but I don't think it will be with UConn. I think the likeliest scenario is we backfill an ACC departure, which I'd actually prefer. I hate everyone in the ACC, and I want to take it out on them in between the lines.

This here worries me, hypothetically lets say all of this comes to fruition. Then say in 15-25 years the ACC becomes the new big east and is raided and or is no more we would be in the same spot with history repeating itself and programs back stabbing us / attempting to get conferences to leave us to die ect. I would rather not put ourselves in a situation to have the same thing happen to us twice.

On the flip side CR and the whole ACC situation has gave me some new found respect for ... Duke (that was tough to type) and North Carolina because they actually had our back when our old conference members snubbed us.

I would gladly take an ACC invite, but I won't say I would be happy with it. For the most part I no longer think its wise to be associated with the BCU's, Syacuses, and Miami's of the world.

My hope and honest opinion is eventually we will be in the B1G

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I bet the B1G was on the phone with Warde after seeing that scintillating Tulane game.
"Please stop calling us. We don't want to have to enforce the restraining order."

(Sorry still recovering from yesterday's game.)

Reaction Score
I've said it before and I'll say it again we are all DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
The big question is where will Texas be in 5-10 years.

The B12 is going to get picked off by the SEC (Oklahoma and/or Oklahoma St) or Pac12 (Oklahoma and/or Oklahoma St.) or B1G (Kansas). And that's going to cause a lot of soul searching, because B12 w/o bball (Kansas) means no one cares about the B12 between January and April. Because Texas will see diminishing returns from adding small schools after a departure. Texas will leave. Oklahoma and Kansas will go searching for home. The B1G and ACC will maybe be strengthened b what happens, and UConn may again be frozen out. But there will be upheaval revolving around Texas.

Reaction Score
I bet the B1G was on the phone with Warde after seeing that scintillating Tulane game.

Haven't seen your posts before...

However, I can tell you that I'm quite certain that nobody on this board wants to be confused with someone who gives a what you think.

Reaction Score
As someone who made it through the sixties,
I'm reminded of that Anthem to free love.
"When your not with the one you love ,love the one your with"
We better learn to love the AAC and help make it the best it can be.
Our success is our only hope.

Reaction Score
All of the money discussions seem to ignore the BE credits, which equate to somewhere between 25-30MM, or an additional 5-7MM, depending on payout terms. It is the lifeline the administration is holding on to while it (a) builds up the programs across the board (b) gets its fundraising in order and (c) ponies up to other schools telling them how cute we think they are. It also covers the salaries you so worry about.

If you are going to fixate on the AAC TV revenue, at least acknowledge it is not the ONLY source of revenues.

Reaction Score
All of the money discussions seem to ignore the BE credits, which equate to somewhere between 25-30MM, or an additional 5-7MM, depending on payout terms. It is the lifeline the administration is holding on to while it (a) builds up the programs across the board (b) gets its fundraising in order and (c) ponies up to other schools telling them how cute we think they are. It also covers the salaries you so worry about.

If you are going to fixate on the AAC TV revenue, at least acknowledge it is not the ONLY source of revenues.

Kind of like the state counting on estate tax or Wall Street bonuses. Short term fix to the problem.

Reaction Score
I blame Blumenthal law-suit and Coach Calhoun remarks for the position we are in. If we just said to BC we wish you all the best or didn't say nothing at all, we would of been in the ACC by now.

Below is a reminder of the damage that Blumenthal caused.

Big East and ACC
Attorney General Blumenthal played a pivotal role in one of the biggest college athletics stories of the decade; expansion of the Atlantic Coast Conference and the departures of Boston College, Miami, and Virginia Tech from the Big East. He led efforts by the Big East football schools (Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, and West Virginia) in legal proceedings against the Atlantic Coast Conference, the University of Miami and Boston College, accusing them of improper disclosure of confidential information and of conspiring to dismantle the Big East. According to Blumenthal, the case was pursued because "the future of the Big East Conference was at risk -- the stakes huge for both state taxpayers and the university's good name."[45] The suits cost the schools involved $2.2 million in the first four months of litigation.[46] The lawsuit against the ACC was initially dismissed on jurisdictional grounds but was subsequently refiled.[47] A declaratory judgment by the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts exonerated Boston College in the matter. Virginia Tech accepted an invitation from the ACC and withdrew from the suit to remove themselves from the awkward position of suing their new conference. An out-of-court settlement in the amount of $5 million was eventually reached, which included a $1 million exit fee that Boston College was required to pay the Big East under the league's constitution.[45]
Many have speculated that the lawsuit was one of the biggest reasons that the University of Connecticut was not sought after by the ACC during their 2011 additions of then-Big East members Syracuse and Pittsburgh. UConn is currently a member of the less lucrative American Athletic Conference.

Reaction Score
As someone who made it through the sixties,
I'm reminded of that Anthem to free love.
"When your not with the one you love ,love the one your with"
We better learn to love the AAC and help make it the best it can be.
Our success is our only hope.
Well, good, I hope your love fest with living in the past and accepting the relegation to the AAC Hell-o does well by you. As for me, I stopped paying attention this season, got rid of cable, and plan on finding something else to do in my life besides watch something so helpless as Uconn football. Maybe this makes me a bad fan, I don't care, heck, its my dollars and I have a daughter who likely wont be growing up in CT. I'll wait 15 years and see what college she goes to and I'll root for that schools. Afterall, if I am going to wait, why wait five years for a maybe when I can wait fifteen and take pride in my daughters school of choice? I'm glad to see UConn hockey doing well and UConn basketball doing the Best! but as has been pointed out these things don't matter much when its all about football. There is absolutely nothing that I as a fan can do...NOTHING! Sure, I could buy my tickets next season and encourage the same crap fest as this season, I could put the games on TV and have my viewing be added to the viewing votership...or I could realize the little money I am spending truly has a limited to no impact on the issues of conference realignment and therefore I could invest my money in my daughters college fund instead of going to games that I hate to watch due to oour opponent and our current level of play. So yes I am a BAD FAN but I will have more dollars for my daughter because of it!

Reaction Score
I blame Blumenthal law-suit and Coach Calhoun remarks for the position we are in. If we just said to BC we wish you all the best or didn't say nothing at all, we would of been in the ACC by now.

Big East and ACC
Attorney General Blumenthal played a pivotal role in one of the biggest college athletics stories of the decade; expansion of the Atlantic Coast Conference and the departures of Boston College, Miami, and Virginia Tech from the Big East. He led efforts by the Big East football schools (Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, and West Virginia) in legal proceedings against the Atlantic Coast Conference, the University of Miami and Boston College, accusing them of improper disclosure of confidential information and of conspiring to dismantle the Big East. According to Blumenthal, the case was pursued because "the future of the Big East Conference was at risk -- the stakes huge for both state taxpayers and the university's good name."[45] The suits cost the schools involved $2.2 million in the first four months of litigation.[46] The lawsuit against the ACC was initially dismissed on jurisdictional grounds but was subsequently refiled.[47] A declaratory judgment by the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts exonerated Boston College in the matter. Virginia Tech accepted an invitation from the ACC and withdrew from the suit to remove themselves from the awkward position of suing their new conference. An out-of-court settlement in the amount of $5 million was eventually reached, which included a $1 million exit fee that Boston College was required to pay the Big East under the league's constitution.[45]
Many have speculated that the lawsuit was one of the biggest reasons that the University of Connecticut was not sought after by the ACC during their 2011 additions of then-Big East members Syracuse and Pittsburgh. UConn is currently a member of the less lucrative American Athletic Conference.

Clearly Blumenthal's BS case has hurt us. (I am no fan, but I don't want to turn this board into a rant on why he is a 24kt. .) There was more, however. I do think BC, in particular, really doesn't want to compete with us but can claim indignation arising from the lawsuit was the sole cause of our blackball. After the dust settled on that though the real puzzler was the Louisville add. How could the ACC tarnish its decent academic reputation by adding an academically inferior institution? The response will be "money" and "football". It really was for expediency and short term gain. Kind of reminds me of what the old man said about the risk resulting from 20 minutes of dubious pleasure.

Reaction Score
Well, good, I hope your love fest with living in the past and accepting the relegation to the AAC Hell-o does well by you. As for me, I stopped paying attention this season, got rid of cable, and plan on finding something else to do in my life besides watch something so helpless as Uconn football. Maybe this makes me a bad fan, I don't care, heck, its my dollars and I have a daughter who likely wont be growing up in CT. I'll wait 15 years and see what college she goes to and I'll root for that schools. Afterall, if I am going to wait, why wait five years for a maybe when I can wait fifteen and take pride in my daughters school of choice? I'm glad to see UConn hockey doing well and UConn basketball doing the Best! but as has been pointed out these things don't matter much when its all about football. There is absolutely nothing that I as a fan can do...NOTHING! Sure, I could buy my tickets next season and encourage the same crap fest as this season, I could put the games on TV and have my viewing be added to the viewing votership...or I could realize the little money I am spending truly has a limited to no impact on the issues of conference realignment and therefore I could invest my money in my daughters college fund instead of going to games that I hate to watch due to oour opponent and our current level of play. So yes I am a BAD FAN but I will have more dollars for my daughter because of it!
I am with you. Our school has been screwed over worse than any school. CR is all about dollars and ignores the students and the fans. It is difficult for me as a fan to care about college football when the entire system stinks.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Clearly Blumenthal's BS case has hurt us. (I am no fan, but I don't want to turn this board into a rant on why he is a 24kt. .) There was more, however. I do think BC, in particular, really doesn't want to compete with us but can claim indignation arising from the lawsuit was the sole cause of our blackball. After the dust settled on that though the real puzzler was the Louisville add. How could the ACC tarnish its decent academic reputation by adding an academically inferior institution? The response will be "money" and "football". It really was for expediency and short term gain. Kind of reminds me of what the old man said about the risk resulting from 20 minutes of dubious pleasure.
I'm not sure that you can call the case BS since it resulted in a 7 figure payout to this university. BCU wasn't going to play us regardless. They see no utility to competing us on a level playing field. DeFillipo admitted that in the infamous "ESPN told us what to do" inteview. It fascinates me that people view decision makers (university presidents, CEOs etc.) as middle school girls. For the most part they make decisions based upon economic and stategic reasons rather than their hurt feelings.

Reaction Score
ACC in five years...less really. As soon as there is a sniff of any other league looking at UConn, the invitation will be in the mail.
So you are saying we are not even getting a sniff right now?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that you can call the case BS since it resulted in a 7 figure payout to this university. BCU wasn't going to play us regardless. They see no utility to competing us on a level playing field. DeFillipo admitted that in the infamous "ESPN told us what to do" inteview. It fascinates me that people view decision makers (university presidents, CEOs etc.) as middle school girls. For the most part they make decisions based upon economic and stategic reasons rather than their hurt feelings.

You would hope! I do think BC was using the lawsuit excuse as somewhat of a pretense. BTW, you have reminded me - we never got to the bottom of the ESPN angle. Love to see some source info from them during the time of the latest CR intrigue. Oh, well - back to reality and trying to move forward. On thing is certain, however; we can never be resigned to the fact that the AAC is our long term home.

Reaction Score
In life we sometimes get to make choices, in fact these times are actually the only opportunity we have for controlling our destiny.
I attended many basketball games between 1980 and 1990, With our rise to prominence tickets prices skyrocketed,for a guy with two kids in college and a future wedding on the Horizon,I had a choice, I chose getting my kids through college without loans, and providing for a lifetime income for my wife regardless of my health. Most BB games being on TV helped salve the wounds.
. That's actually the choice most father's would make.
Because of my this ,I'ave been able to enjoy many years of retirement without financial worry. Seeing games in person is great ,but watching your children become productive members of society is much greater
Badmouthing a conference in football were we are its weakest link seems not only arrogant but counterproductive. If we were destroying our AAC mates weekly tickets would be hard to come by. The UConn malaise is do to our astounding failure.
PS .to not be a fan is really not a choice you can make. You are marked for life.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Are the games more expensive that I realize? You can buy tickets for $5 outside the stadium every week.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Are the games more expensive that I realize? You can buy tickets for $5 outside the stadium every week.

You can get the "value" season package at XL and GP for what amounts to $15/game. The GP seats are fantastic too.

Anybody complaining they got priced out back in the day, is either holding a grudge or hasn't looked to buy season tickets in a decade.

In my opinion, UConn still can't price tickets to save their lives, but if they just lowered the standard season per game price ( believe it's around $30/$35) and got rid of the value package and everything was $25/game they'd be better off, especially at XL.

I think the one guy is laying it on thick with his choice of providing a lifetime of happiness to his family or spending $100/year on basketball tickets..

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Big East and ACC

How come two of the other plaintiffs are in the ACC?

If you want to rant against Democrats, go to the Cesspool. You will have plenty of company. Blaming him for our current situation is nonsense.

Louisville, by the way, basically tried to destroy VTech's athletic program in the early 90's. as the Metro Conference came apart, and VTech even sued Louisville just 8 years before the UConn/Pitt/VTech/WVU/Rutgers suit against the ACC. How did VTech get past that situation?

BCU doesn't want UConn because they don't want another New England school in the league and Herbst and Company can't figure out a way to sell around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom