Uconn players hate rutgers-wish they had gone to rutgers | The Boneyard

Uconn players hate rutgers-wish they had gone to rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yes. I wish we accomplished as much as Rutgers has a football program. I mean for the love of God.

Reaction Score
What's to spin?

"The funny thing is, Rutgers didn't offer me until UConn did," Gratz said. "I kind of built a little hatred for them, because I always wanted to go there. It was kind of disappointing to know they only wanted you because another Big East school did."

"It was disappointing for me. I wished things went differently a couple of years ago, but everything happens for a reason."

It's not hard to read into what they're saying.

Reaction Score
What's to spin?

It's not hard to read into what they're saying.

A couple players from Jersey mentions they are dissapointed the school didn't really recruit them, or that they want to beat their home state school, and that means "UConn football has an inferiority complex"?

2 Big East Championships, BCS appearance, 5 bowl games in 10 years.

30 years of Big East football for Rutgers has accomplished a couple more bowl games and zero championships. Yes, we have a HUGE inferiority complex because Gratz wanted to go to RU and Schiano undervalued him. LMAO.

Rutgers-Alabama's ego and Temple's accomplishments.

Reaction Score
I was just commenting on the Courant article, the OTB quotes seemed to have been edited in later.

But to me it's less little brother and more 'if RU keeps this up and we don't hire a coach that create some excitement we'll slide into the abyss, oh well at least we still have basketba....oh Calhoun is gone' syndrome.

Reaction Score
A couple players from Jersey mentions they are dissapointed the school didn't really recruit them, or that they want to beat their home state school, and that means "UConn football has an inferiority complex"?

30 years of Big East football for Rutgers has accomplished a couple more bowl games and zero championships. Yes, we have a HUGE inferiority complex because Gratz wanted to go to RU and Schiano undervalued him. LMAO.

Exactly. The fact that local Jersey kids wanted to go to Rutgers should surprise nobody.

Rutgers is a lot like Obama in this election cycle. They both like to talk about everything except their accomplishments.

Reaction Score
I was just commenting on the Courant article, the OTB quotes seemed to have been edited in later.

But to me it's less little brother and more 'if RU keeps this up and we don't hire a coach that create some excitement we'll slide into the abyss, oh well at least we still have basketba....oh Calhoun is gone' syndrome.

Yes, if Rutgers continues to not win BE championships I don't know what we're going to do as a fanbase.

Reaction Score
Well I mean, I guess we don't have to win a BE championship to make you guys slide into irrelevance, you seem to be doing that quite nicely yourselves.

Reaction Score
Well I mean, I guess we don't have to win a BE championship to make you guys slide into irrelevance, you seem to be doing that quite nicely yourselves.

I knew that you'd eventually out being a Rutty guy and all. It was inevitable.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
UConn has 10 basketball championships, 2 Big East football titles, and a BCS bowl birth.

Rutgers has wins over 3 loss USF, Howard, Tulane, and a 4 loss Arkansas team with a 48 point loss to a mediocre Texas A&M team on their resume. We'll take our historical accomplishments over your short term "success."

Reaction Score

Not taking anything away from UConn but RU has gotten pretty unlucky. UConn went 8-4 (5-2) and was in the BCS. One year RU was 11-2 (5-2) and ended up in the Texas Bowl. RU was 5-2 another year in the conference and ended up in a lower bowl while UConn won a share of the Big East at 5-2.

Reaction Score
Not taking anything away from UConn but RU has gotten pretty unlucky. UConn went 8-4 (5-2) and was in the BCS. One year RU was 11-2 (5-2) and ended up in the Texas Bowl. RU was 5-2 another year in the conference and ended up in a lower bowl while UConn won a share of the Big East at 5-2.

In what sport do we adjust accomplishments for luck?

Reaction Score

Yes our coach is the most winningest in BE history and yours started a few months ago we are very envious of you

Reaction Score

You didn't take anything away from UConn. But boy did you sure try.

U

UConn9604

Maybe I'm missing the point. Shouldn't every Rutgers fan be thinking, "man, we really missed the boat on Dwayne Gratz. Maybe if we had recruited him harder, he could have returned a 46-yard interception for a touchdown in the Fiesta Bowl for us." Instead, their superiority complex has been turned around into an inferiority complex for us.

I mean, Rutgers's list of achievements includes (1) a win in the Texas Bowl, (2) Ray Rice, (3) an epic 6-4 win over Princeton during the Grant Administration (during which they were referred to as "the Queensmen"), and that's it. Not sure why that entitles you to talk smack.

(I left off (4) a red Empire State Building during a halcyon third-place season. Sorry about that.)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Has Rutgers won a championship in anything yet?

Well, sort of.....

The got half a title in fencing a couple years after WWII ended.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Rutgers is the first D-1 team UConn ever beat. They are the first D-1 team UConn ever beat twice and thrice. That inspired Rutgers to take steps to get up to UConn's level. Rutty fans owe us. If they win the Big East this year, they will only be one title behind us.

Reaction Score
Rutgers doesn't win championships........they just don't. On the other hand, UCONN wins them all the time.

Just the way it is................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis