UConn - Mississippi State PreGame TidBits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn - Mississippi State PreGame TidBits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Currently watching the replay of the Miss St vs Michigan State game on ESPN3.com and I'm in the 3rd quarter and Mississippi St got up by 13 points on Michigan State and then didn't score at all the final 6 minutes of the 3rd quarter... if they have a 6 minute scoring drought there is no way they will be able to keep up with UConn.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Love that the MSU players believe in themselves and their team. But Dillingham saying UConn is "just like Tennessee" is a really low blow. Very low. That deserves a response. I hope Stewie stuffs several of her shot attempts.
UConn isn't even like Tennessee USED TO BE!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well, Geno just turned 62 and he got his citizenship when he was young, so he must be the 4th Senior All-American. :D
He actually didn't become a naturalized citizen until he was 40. Of course to quite a few on here, I suppose that is still "young".

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Love that the MSU players believe in themselves and their team. But Dillingham saying UConn is "just like Tennessee" is a really low blow. Very low. That deserves a response. I hope Stewie stuffs several of her shot attempts.
Ouch.....

You have to understand that to MsSt, TN, even the version post 2008 version, has seemed like Mount Olympus - they beat TN for the first time in 30 years and 36 games, and then they did it again! That a team might be better than that insurmountable object is just to hard to comprehend.

Reaction Score
You have to understand that to MsSt, TN, even the version post 2008 version, has seemed like Mount Olympus - they beat TN for the first time in 30 years and 36 games, and then they did it again! That a team might be better than that insurmountable object is just to hard to comprehend.
Perhaps in another 30 years, MsSt can bring the series to a tie with TN. A goal more in the realm of possibility.:)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Please can we retire "UConn's defense is overlooked." The only thing that's overlooked about UConn's defense is how often folks claim it's "overlooked."

Reaction Score
Actually listening to Vic Shaefer offers some insights of which I was unaware.
According to hom: 1. UConn has four Senior All-Americans.
Polly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
upload_2016-3-25_13-7-35.png

Reaction Score
Miss. St. players sound pretty confident about playing UConn. Here are some quotes by two of their players from this afternoon's presser.

Morgan William: "I like going against the best. So I am excited to play UConn."

Dominique Dillingham: " (UConn) has always been good, but to me it is just another basketball team when we play them."

Morgan William: They’re just another basketball team. They’ve just got UConn written across their shirt.

Dominique Dillingham: …It’s just another game…we played Tennessee, they’re a great team, but you know, they’re just like Tennessee, they’re great too, it’s just another team to me.

Dominique Dillingham: We match up pretty well with them, overall, and I think we can take advantage inside we have a little bit of a height advantage, but Breanna Stewart is a great defender so I think if we attack her, that’s a good thing for us to do is to attack her defensively, but overall, I think we can attack them…

Source: Periscope

Might they be our undoing? :eek:
Any team that does not think they can win is beaten before they start. I tip my hat to these Miss St ladies--great words even if the knees are shaking a bit.
Attacking Uconn is the right thing to do. If you don't attack, you don't score.
Defending Uconn--now there is a big problem. If Katie Lou is not under the weather as she was in the last game--it will be a very long night for Miss St. But pick your poison--try to defend Stew down low or Nurse from the perimeter or Tuck between the trees or Moriah from downtown or Gabby or Collier from 12 feet.
I'm glad Miss St is Confident--Uconn does not want to play cowards.

Reaction Score
Just hope everybody is and stays healthy! And for all the concern about Mo appearing to have a cold, it was Stewie who was blowing her nose a lot during the Duquesne game. Not that it slowed her down! :p

Reaction Score
Tennessee was never what Uconn has become in the last 10 years. As good as they were they pulled most of their wins before a guy from Italy started coaching. Tenn had and has some of the best players in the Game (if you exclude the current 7 at UC, DT, Maya, Rene) But head to head Geno wins.

Reaction Score
Just hope everybody is and stays healthy! And for all the concern about Mo appearing to have a cold, it was Stewie who was blowing her nose a lot during the Duquesne game. Not that it slowed her down! :p
Katie Lou was in terrible shape in the last game. Terrible time to not be 100 percent. But they have a week or so to be ready for the big one. However Texas/UCla may be more difficult

Reaction Score
Katie Lou was in terrible shape in the last game. Terrible time to not be 100 percent. But they have a week or so to be ready for the big one. However Texas/UCla may be more difficult
Post-game presser Geno never mentioned anything except that she wasn't playing well. He was kind in how he put that, but usually, if a player has a physical excuse, he'll add that, too, out of kindness.

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised by the comments of the MState players they don't know UConn, they know of UConn. To them Tenn. is more relevant, and those country bumpkins in the SEC still think they're the best conference in the country. To them the Lady Vols are still great!

As we know UConn has handled the best team in the SEC with ease the last two years, so needless to say that MState will find out sooner than later that UConn is not Tennesse or South Carolina for that matter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom