UCONN licensing royalties revenue | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN licensing royalties revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Many, like Warde refuse to believe just how much some of us hate the new logo. Forced down our throats by NIKE and the admistration that failed to realize the smiling Johnathan had won 11 national championships. That and the only bit of much needed tridition the football team had in D1...
I realize this has been covered ad nauseam but one can rest assured the move hurt more than it helped.

If you're buying gear for the logo then you aren't a real fan. We could change our logo to a freakin coconut and I would still buy stuff as long as it said: uconn, huskies, or was identifiable as belonging to uconn.

The new log is nice. And if you don't like it then suck it up and buy some gear to support our team. Or quit complaining, stop rooting for uconn , and go root for Georgetown. They have a cool old school logo.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
As Pal said above the sales are proof enough.

This must explain the Svengali sway he has over his minions in the cesspool: People believe what he says and somehow miss that it is free of content.

What he said was meaningless without proof of sales over the relevant time period. He doesn't have that.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
That'll show 'em.

So, I should buy apparel of something I don't like or watch? Got it.

I didn't buy red Sox championship gear this fall because I'm a Yankee fan, hope I showed them too?!

Reaction Score
I live in Tennessee....The quantity of apparel, trinkets, chairs and any other item that you can slap a logo on is just astounding. People have closets full of shirts, sweatshirts, dresses, hats, kids clothing ect....

Folks down here feel they are identified by the college they attended decades ago. You should see some of the cubicles and offices filled w/ 'Bama, UGA, and Tennessee stuff. I just don't think that level of spending is a northeast thing

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I didn't realize logos won championships. Huh. Learn something new every day.
Many, like Warde refuse to believe just how much some of us hate the new logo. Forced down our throats by NIKE and the admistration that failed to realize the smiling Johnathan had won 11 national championships. That and the only bit of much needed tridition the football team had in D1...
I realize this has been covered ad nauseam but one can rest assured the move hurt more than it helped.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think all my buddies who I graduated with and my whole family that loves UConn has all bought new gear because we all like the new logo.

That covers ages from almost 60 to 25.

So I'm going to say the sales data reflects an upward trend.

Reaction Score
Someone above mentioned the population. Yes, keep breeding little fans. My son and another little boy were wearing new UConn t-shirts to summer camp today in MA as well as one of the workers was in a UConn shirt. After drop off, I went to a local coffee shop and there was a young guy in, I kid you not, a UConn hockey t-shirt. In the span of about 40 minutes this morning, I saw four people ranging in age from 5-25 wearing UConn gear 2+ hours outside of the state.

We also need to keep graduating kids who are proud to have gone to the school and who are willing to purchase merchandise fairly regularly. Finally, as people move to the state, we need them to get swept up in the program as a whole, regardless of prior allegiances. My uncle moved to Texas in the late 80's and has become a huge booster for UT football and basketball. He had no prior affiliation, but he loves the Horns now.

Reaction Score
Full list: http://www.clc.com/News/Annual-Rankings-2013-14.aspx

Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 11.27.49 PM.png

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
My single bit of evidence is I still go to games and I own sweats, hoodies, tees, hat's, gloves, scarfs, bandana's and pom pom's. I also have a cab with coffee and beer mugs, tumblers and cocktail glasses, key chains, ice scrapers, and let us not forget our tailgate UCONN koozies.
Much of the clothing I purchased, a lot of the other is gifts as I am old enough that when someone feels obligated they know anything UCONN will fit the bill. I have not and will not purchase anything with the new logo and I still get compliments on wearing the old.
Again I am not trying to rehash an old topic just replying to what is here. I spoke with Warde at the time the change was taking place and he openly stated when asked it was 70/30 against the change. The proof is in the pudding and he is now eating crow instead after a double championship.
As Pal said above the sales are proof enough. Is this 100% of the problem no, but you can bet your new ugly wolf on some of it.

Let's try this again, what sales decline are you referring to? The article indicated uconn licensing improved as we moved from 53 to 47. Can you provide a link that indicates a decline in apparel sales?

Reaction Score
No Oregon? Oregon State is Nike and they're on there, but not the Ducks? Or I'm blind, could be that.

From the linked article in the OP:

CLC represents the licensing interests of nearly 200 colleges and universities, including 68 percent of FBS schools. The company does not represent Ohio State, Oregon or USC.

Reaction Score
No Oregon? Oregon State is Nike and they're on there, but not the Ducks? Or I'm blind, could be that.
no kentucky tho? i dont see a Footnote for them.

ugh I don't like that the orange and cinci are ahead of us.

Reaction Score
I liked the dual champs logo with the '2' worked into the design, but if you are only a fan of one team or the other, it seems like the pickings were a bit weak.

^^^ This.

I went into the Co-op earlier this summer looking forward to coming home with about 4 shirts and came home with zero.

Reaction Score
As far as the Nike designs they seem to do less and less designs that are basic. Most of there stuff is big and bold. They don't seem to realize or care that not every one wants to wear shirts with 9 nine inch letting on it. Or wear a hat with a flat brim and a snapback.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I believe it is more due to the type of 'fan' CT offers to a game day experience.

There have been many a post on the FB board how we cant get half the stadium to wear team colors - a FB game looks like a rainbow in the crowd - HCC BB games are similar - team goes on a run - opposing team calls TO - TV shot of many uconn fans yelling U-C-O-N-N wearing red, orange, green and so on...

Husky25

Reaction Score
I believe it is more due to the type of 'fan' CT offers to a game day experience.

There have been many a post on the FB board how we cant get half the stadium to wear team colors - a FB game looks like a rainbow in the crowd - HCC BB games are similar - team goes on a run - opposing team calls TO - TV shot of many uconn fans yelling U-C-O-N-N wearing red, orange, green and so on...

I have worn out shirts and sweatshirts because I wear them every Saturday at UConn Games. My seats are on the press box side of the stadium and it gets deathly cold as November wears on and approaching December. I apologize from the bottom of my heart if my Green and Black winter coat offends. I've had it forever and it still has a number of years left in it. Just know that my Huskywear is on underneath.

On the other hand, it is quite comfy in the XL Center and/or Gampel. There is no reason not to show the National Flag Blue and White at a basketball game.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I have worn out shirts and sweatshirts because I wear them every Saturday at UConn Games. My seats are on the press box side of the stadium and it gets deathly cold as November wears on and approaching December. I apologize from the bottom of my heart if my Green and Black winter coat offends. I've had it forever and it still has a number of years left in it. Just know that my Huskywear is on underneath.

On the other hand, it is quite comfy in the XL Center and/or Gampel. There is no reason not to show the National Flag Blue and White at a basketball game.

Agreed - cold on that side - but the next time you buy a winter coat or receive one as a XMas gift - make sure its blue - doesnt even have to say UConn!
:)
If she can wear her team colors as November wears on and approaches December so can you!

010414-NFL-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Green-Bay-Packers-TV-G1.vadapt.620.medium.0.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just laugh at the watch-at-home posters who criticize what the real fans that go to games are wearing.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I just laugh at the watch-at-home posters who criticize what the real fans that go to games are wearing.

Is that directed at me?

Rent - Sect 130 baby!!

I will admit I am NOT a BB season ticket holder.

GO TEAM!!

EDIT - You seem to be a real RICHARD towards me and my posts for reasons I cant understand. Glad we are here for the same reasons - NOT.

GO TEAM!!

Last edited:

Husky25

Reaction Score
Have you been to Green Bay in the winter? My wife is from Northern Minnesota. If it's cold here at Thanksgiving, they already have six inches of snow and risk their lives at the mere mention of stepping outside.
Agreed - cold on that side - but the next time you buy a winter coat or receive one as a XMas gift - make sure its blue - doesnt even have to say UConn!
:)
If she can wear her team colors as November wears on and approaches December so can you!

010414-NFL-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Green-Bay-Packers-TV-G1.vadapt.620.medium.0.jpg

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Have you been to Green Bay in the winter? My wife is from Northern Minnesota. If it's cold here at Thanksgiving, they already have six inches of snow and risk their lives at the mere mention of stepping outside.

I have not - but I am a Vikings fan! SKOL

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
EDIT - You seem to be a real RICHARD towards me and my posts for reasons I cant understand. Glad we are here for the same reasons - NOT.

I'm not picking on you, I don't even know you. I can't even remember a past instance before this one (though by what you say there must be one). When I disagree with a post, it's the idea or point of the post not the poster (for the most part). FWIW, I try say "you're full of because..." not just "you're full of it, period."

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I'm not picking on you, I don't even know you. I can't even remember a past instance before this one (though by what you say there must be one). When I disagree with a post, it's the idea or point of the post not the poster (for the most part). FWIW, I try say "you're full of because..." not just "you're full of it, period."

Fair enough - let's move on.

GO TEAM!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Haven't read the entire thread but has anyone pointed out that list of sales from July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014 is unlikely to significantly impacted by national championships in April of 2014? This list shows the strength of the UConn brand in the year after we banded from post season play in MBB and had a god-awful football coach running the program into the ground. Viewed in that light, I think it is a pretty impressive showing. I would fully expect a fairly dramatic increase for the July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2015 period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom