UCONN licensing royalties revenue | The Boneyard

UCONN licensing royalties revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, we are pretty low on the list of NCAA programs receiving royalties from apparel companies such as Nike last year even after winning the dual championship.

"Men's and women's basketball titles for UConn also helped retail sales, although the Huskies' jump was much more modest, from No. 53 in 2012-13 to No. 47 last year."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11312752/florida-state-seminoles-move-revenues-list

Top 10 are:
1. Texas
2. Alabama
3. Michigan
4. Notre Dame
5. Georgia
6. Florida
7. LSU
8. Florida State
9. Texas A&M
10. North

Besides winning Bball championships and improving our football team, what else does UCONN have to do to increase their royalty revenue?

Reaction Score
I wonder if the entire list is made public somewhere? I'd like to see where our "competitors" are on that list.

I'm surprised Penn State isn't in the top 10.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Those are all football schools in bigger states. Plus this years championship shirts weren't attention grabbing

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
47 isn't bad for a Mid-Major ;-)

Its about what you would expect for someone on the outside looking in.

That's why everyone needs to buy football tickets - we don't look like we belong.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Those are all football schools in bigger states. Plus this years championship shirts weren't attention grabbing

The Nike championship shirts and hat this year absolutely sucked.

I was ready to buy everything and haven't even bought one item yet.

" Lone star statement" "Networthy" and then that says " national champions" and barely a UConn logo among all year.

Reaction Score
It appears southern states love the them some apparel.

Actually surprised Ohio State not in top 10. Its all Buckeyes and nothing else in that state.

Also when you think apparel you think football consequently all those top states' school colors (especially helmet insignia) are ingrained in our minds over the years.

No surprise, we are a small state yet everyone knows our name!

Reaction Score
Many, like Warde refuse to believe just how much some of us hate the new logo. Forced down our throats by NIKE and the admistration that failed to realize the smiling Johnathan had won 11 national championships. That and the only bit of much needed tridition the football team had in D1...
I realize this has been covered ad nauseam but one can rest assured the move hurt more than it helped.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Many, like Warde refuse to believe just how much some of us hate the new logo. Forced down our throats by NIKE and the admistration that failed to realize the smiling Johnathan had won 11 national championships. That and the only bit of much needed tridition the football team had in D1...
I realize this has been covered ad nauseam but one can rest assured the move hurt more than it helped.
can you provide a single bit of evidence to support that claim?

Reaction Score
The Nike championship shirts and hat this year absolutely sucked.

I was ready to buy everything and haven't even bought one item yet.

" Lone star statement" "Networthy" and then that says " national champions" and barely a UConn logo among all year.

Could not agree more. The designs were incredibly generic, I was seriously disappointed. I was ready to replace all of my 2011 shirts which were starting to wear down.

I even had a Twitter exchange with Kyle Muncy about it and he promised more Nike Championship designs. Yet there are none...

Reaction Score
CardiacKemba said:
Could not agree more. The designs were incredibly generic, I was seriously disappointed. I was ready to replace all of my 2011 shirts which were starting to wear down. I even had a Twitter exchange with Kyle Muncy about it and he promised more Nike Championship designs. Yet there are none...

I liked the dual champs logo with the '2' worked into the design, but if you are only a fan of one team or the other, it seems like the pickings were a bit weak.

Reaction Score
I loved Jonathon the friendly dog as much as any kid growing up in Vernon in the 90s possibly could. Was luke warm on the new logo at first but now when I see the old logo it's still incredible but almost embarrassing in comparison. Considering the success we had this past March/April I think most people outside of CT have probably already forgotten the old logo.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Could not agree more. The designs were incredibly generic, I was seriously disappointed. I was ready to replace all of my 2011 shirts which were starting to wear down.

I even had a Twitter exchange with Kyle Muncy about it and he promised more Nike Championship designs. Yet there are none...

I remember Muncy saying more shirts were coming back I haven't seen any yet.

I bought the shirt with the Net/Scissors and our titles on the back and then fingerwith 3 rrings on it last title.

Hardly any 4 time champion gear this time around.

I hate women's basketball so I wasn't going to buy the double trouble or the 2Dual shirts ( though it was a cool design).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If you take out the category of "Dress Football Jersey" and "Formal Trucker Hat" we stack up pretty well vs. the south.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Agreed with championship gear. Pretty lame and generic. I couldn't find anything with 4 national championships on it and agree about trying too hard with the dual championship gear.

Reaction Score
The best Nike made UConn apparel this year were the "UConn Pride" shirts that the players wore in long sleeve form for warm ups for much of the year. They gave out short sleeve versions for the students for the sweet sixteen and elite eight games, and then sold them in the co op around then too. They sold out almost immediately and were never restocked. Why? Those were awesome. I'm glad I got one but there are others in my family wanting them as well. I've asked the co op a few times if they're getting them restocked and they said no.

Reaction Score
When they replace the old Huskie logo, I may buy more stuff. In the meantime, how about something useful - like rolls of Huskie AW?? Also, perhaps a replacement for the '99 Champs T which is getting threadbare??

Reaction Score
can you provide a single bit of evidence to support that claim?
My single bit of evidence is I still go to games and I own sweats, hoodies, tees, hat's, gloves, scarfs, bandana's and pom pom's. I also have a cab with coffee and beer mugs, tumblers and cocktail glasses, key chains, ice scrapers, and let us not forget our tailgate UCONN koozies.
Much of the clothing I purchased, a lot of the other is gifts as I am old enough that when someone feels obligated they know anything UCONN will fit the bill. I have not and will not purchase anything with the new logo and I still get compliments on wearing the old.
Again I am not trying to rehash an old topic just replying to what is here. I spoke with Warde at the time the change was taking place and he openly stated when asked it was 70/30 against the change. The proof is in the pudding and he is now eating crow instead after a double championship.
As Pal said above the sales are proof enough. Is this 100% of the problem no, but you can bet your new ugly wolf on some of it.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
My single bit of evidence is I still go to games and I own sweats, hoodies, tees, hat's, gloves, scarfs, bandana's and pom pom's. I also have a cab with coffee and beer mugs, tumblers and cocktail glasses, key chains, ice scrapers, and let us not forget our tailgate UCONN koozies.
Much of the clothing I purchased, a lot of the other is gifts as I am old enough that when someone feels obligated they know anything UCONN will fit the bill. I have not and will not purchase anything with the new logo and I still get compliments on wearing the old.
Again I am not trying to rehash an old topic just replying to what is here. I spoke with Warde at the time the change was taking place and he openly stated when asked it was 70/30 against the change. The proof is in the pudding and he is now eating crow instead after a double championship.
As Pal said above the sales are proof enough. Is this 100% of the problem no, but you can bet your new ugly wolf on some of it.
Like it or not, that makes you part of the problem. What's more important to you - showing your angst about a new logo by not purchasing gear or getting into a major conference because sales for people buying new gear are through the roof?

Yes, I realize this is one tiny aspect of moving into the big boy club, but it's part of systemic problem that UConn fans don't show as much support and therefore generate less revenue than other schools (see Rutgers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom