UCONN is NOT a mid-major. Conference affiliation means nothing. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN is NOT a mid-major. Conference affiliation means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LULZ!!! That's cute.

There was nothing inaccurate or funny about what he said. . .4 AAC teams made the tourney seeded 8 or higher, and SMU, which was robbed, is in the NIT final four after knocking off "power" teams along the way.

GhostofBTT

Graduate of a real college. Boss of UConn grads.
Reaction Score
There was nothing inaccurate or funny about what he said. . .4 AAC teams made the tourney seeded 8 or higher, and SMU, which was robbed, is in the NIT final four after knocking off "power" teams along the way.
Are we pretending that the NIT final four means something now?

Reaction Score
Are we pretending that the NIT final four means something now?

It simply means that the selection committee was either incompetent, biased or both. I guess by winning, it really limited your response options.

GhostofBTT

Reaction Score
It simply means that the selection committee was either incompetent, biased or both. I guess by winning, it really limited your response options.
Two things. One, if you're in the same conference as SMU, you're a mid-major. Sorry.

Two, maybe if SMU wanted to make the tournament, they wouldn't have pissed down their leg against Houston. The bubble this year was pathetic, and if you couldn't make it, it doesn't mean the committee was incompetent, it means you sucked.

Reaction Score
Two things. One, if you're in the same conference as SMU, you're a mid-major. Sorry.

Two, maybe if SMU wanted to make the tournament, they wouldn't have pissed down their leg against Houston. The bubble this year was pathetic, and if you couldn't make it, it doesn't mean the committee was incompetent, it means you sucked.

Interesting stuff. What team do you support?

D

Deleted member 3149

When's the last time your conference won a national title in basketball or football?

D

Deleted member 3149

Typical big ten fan who has the "one of us" mentality because all of the teams are mediocre within the conference. Absolutely zero dominance. Win 3 national titles in 12 years then come hit us up.

GhostofBTT

Reaction Score
When's the last time your conference won a national title in basketball or football?
Well, I went to a small, prestigious liberal arts college who plays Division II non-scholarship, and , Unlike Uconn, does not accept students who spill bongwater on their application essays, so I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just calling it how I see it.

Also, wasn't your conference built on a drunken dare like 3 weekends ago?

D

Deleted member 3149

Well, I went to a small, prestigious liberal arts college who plays Division II non-scholarship, and , Unlike Uconn, does not accept students who spill bongwater on their application essays, so I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just calling it how I see it.

You must be such a "boss"... Lurking UConn forums at the late hours of your Saturday night.

GhostofBTT

Reaction Score
You must be such a "boss"... Lurking UConn forums at the late hours of your Saturday night.
Trolls gotta troll brah. Just got back from a party, Wife's in bed. Just enjoying one last brew before I got to bed and teach Sunday school in the AM.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

He sits in his parents basement wishing he could get into UCONN and have a social life outside of the computer.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Trolls gotta troll brah. Just got back from a party, Wife's in bed. Just enjoying one last brew before I got to bed and teach Sunday school in the AM.

That doesn't say much for you if you have to troll here before you go to bed and teach Sunday school. My hope is your more respectful there than you are here. Poor kids.

Reaction Score
This guy is actually kind of funny. Probably a disgruntled Iowa State fan.

When your basketball team is comparable to Indiana or Kentucky football, you have to play the conference card.

It's like bragging about your wife's bridesmaids all being 9s, and your wife is a 3. That's cool, she's surrounded by hot chicks, you're still in bed with a dog.

Reaction Score

So you're telling me that you're paying full tuition to a private liberal arts school (probably earning a useless degree like underwater basketweaving)...and that makes you the smart one in the room?

, I know tons of better things to do with my money. Examples: spend it on hookers, light it on fire, eat it, invest in MySpace stock, put all of it down on a bet in Vegas that Bill Rafferty doesn't say "onions" tomorrow.

Reaction Score
He appears to be an Iowa State fan and to be from Iowa. But, he may be trying to throw us off track by suggesting that there's a prestigious Liberal Arts College in Iowa. Grinnell's good, but hardly prestigious. At least not East coast prestigious.

Edit: Based on his past posts he doesn't appear to be an Iowa State fan. Apparently, he didn't get in. He could be an Iowa fan and was a moderator on hnwasteland (unless he's co-opting). In any event, I suspect neither school would want to claim him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
itgoeslike said:
Grinnell's good, but hardly prestigious. At least not East coast prestigious.
Not only that, but Grinnel's also similarly overpriced. Even worse, you're stuck in Grinnell. Having lived in Iowa for a while, Grinnell sure has more than a fair share of flakes. Case in point if the the lost visitor is a Grinnell applicant, student, or alumnus. Otherwise, he's just a blabbering fool of comic proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom