UConn in the NFL | Page 16 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NFL

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Indy won this trade and it's not even close. Sio was a beast when he played on Oakland for the short time he was there and Indy is in desperate need for a LB. Bringing in Sio, who's under team control at league minimum for 2 more years in exchange for a 6th round pick? I'd take that deal any day. Major upgrade for Sio as well. Be on a team that wins and is classy vs being in that hell hole that's called Oakland? Not even close.

Just add another chip on Sio's shoulder.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Did you just call the Indianapolis Colts organization "Classy?" Because I can point to at leat 4 major instances (3 in last 4 years) as evidence to the contrary.

The situation is heads & shoulders above Oakland, but I'be careful about assignig the term, "classy," to it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Did you just call the Indianapolis Colts organization "Classy?" Because I can point to at leat 4 major instances (3 in last 4 years) as evidence to the contrary.

The situation is heads & shoulders above Oakland, but I'be careful about assignig the term, "classy," to it.
You could probably say the same about every NFL organization but yeah, I'd call them classy vs what that craphole is in Oakland

Reaction Score
Indy won this trade and it's not even close. Sio was a beast when he played on Oakland for the short time he was there and Indy is in desperate need for a LB. Bringing in Sio, who's under team control at league minimum for 2 more years in exchange for a 6th round pick? I'd take that deal any day. Major upgrade for Sio as well. Be on a team that wins and is classy vs being in that hell hole that's called Oakland? Not even close.

Just add another chip on Sio's shoulder.
Chuck Pagano is a a classy coach...Jack Del Rio has a over inflated image of himself. Guys like John Fox go from Denver to Chicago...guys like Del Rio go from Jacksonville to Oakland and have to make DC stops in-between. Enough said.

Reaction Score
Indy's become a pit stop for UConn players in recent years - Donald Brown, Darius Butler, DanO (briefly), now Sio.

Reaction Score
James Jones cut for the NYG. More room and maybe some touches for Geremy Davis

Reaction Score
ScottBonz said:
James Jones cut for the NYG. More room and maybe some touches for Geremy Davis

Packers should pick him up again.

Reaction Score
If I was on the Raiders, I would not mind being traded one bit. Just sayin'.
Still trying to figure out how a guy with a losing record as a head coach (only 3 winning seasons out of the 9 seasons he was HC in Jacksonville) is gonna eradicate the losing atmosphere/attitude out of Oakland. Del Rio is a tool....

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Del Rio is your standard run of the mill filler coaching hire. He'll be there for 2 years, get fired after going a combined 10-22, and go find another job. Recycled waste.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Still trying to figure out how a guy with a losing record as a head coach (only 3 winning seasons out of the 9 seasons he was HC in Jacksonville) is gonna eradicate the losing atmosphere/attitude out of Oakland. Del Rio is a tool....
This may work:

Reaction Score
Indy's become a pit stop for UConn players in recent years - Donald Brown, Darius Butler, DanO (briefly), now Sio.
Believe Scott Lutrus has his shot as well.

Reaction Score
Del Rio is your standard run of the mill filler coaching hire. He'll be there for 2 years, get fired after going a combined 10-22, and go find another job. Recycled waste.
As diehard Raider Fan I hope you're way wrong. I have faith as I do every year. This shouldn't be anything new to anyone here, but I think think I can expect a couple more wins, despite the most difficult rated schedule in the league.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 4:48pm via TweetDeck
Unofficial count is 16 former #UConnplayers on NFL active rosters
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/09/former-uconn-stars-mcclain-todman-cut.html

Tyvon Branch, DB Kansas City
Donald Brown, RB San Diego
Darius Butler, DB Indianapolis
Geremy Davis, WR New York Giants
Marcus Easley, WR Buffalo
Dwayne Gratz, DB Jacksonville
Ryan Griffin, TE Houston
Byron Jones, DB Dallas
Danny Lansanah, LB Tampa Bay
Sio Moore, LB Indianapolis
Dan Orlovsky, QB Detroit
Kendall Reyes, DL San Diego
Anthony Sherman, FB Kansas City
Shamar Stephen, DL Minnesota
Nick Williams, WR Atlanta
Blidi Wreh-Wilson, DB Tennessee

Will Beatty, OL New York Giants (PUP)
Yawin Smallwood, LB Tennessee INJURED RESERVE

Reaction Score
Gotta think Todman gets picked up somewhere. Not sure how he doesn't stick permanent somewhere. For his career, he's averaging 4.1 yards per carry, like 7+ per catch and like 27+ per kick return.

Reaction Score
It's hard to fathom just how difficult it is to make it through the gauntlet to be one of the 53. Kudos to all the Huskies who did this year, especially Geremy Davis and Nick Williams. First round picks like Byron Jones are heralded players who are almost assured of a spot. 6th rounders and undrafted FA's are extreme long shots. Husky Nation is smiling today.

Reaction Score
AdamSchefter 1:15pm via Facebook
Steelers signed running back Jordan Todman, who was released by the Carolina Panthers, the team announced.
I guess it helped that Jordan rushed for 72 yards against the Steelers in the final pre-season game. Le'Veon Bell is suspended for the first two games (substance abuse) so hopefully this isn't just a temporary insurance policy. Jordan averaged 5.8 yards per carry for an awful Jags team last year.

Reaction Score
I guess it helped that Jordan rushed for 72 yards against the Steelers in the final pre-season game. Le'Veon Bell is suspended for the first two games (substance abuse) so hopefully this isn't just a temporary insurance policy. Jordan averaged 5.8 yards per carry for an awful Jags team last year.

Yeah... after this 49 yd TD run, someone in the Steeler's coaches box took notice but they had a hard time getting a hold of "Jonathon"

Reaction Score
AdamSchefter 1:15pm via Facebook
Steelers signed running back Jordan Todman, who was released by the Carolina Panthers, the team announced.

Looks like Shakim Phillips to Steeler practice squad as well.

>>09/06/2015 Signed RB Jordan Todman; Claimed DE Caushaud Lyons; Released CB Doran Grant; Waived LB Anthony Chickillo.

09/06/2015 Signed RB Dominique Brown, DB Jordan Dangerfield, OL Reese Dismukes, OL Antonio Johnson, LB L.J. Fort, LB Shayon Green, DE Ethan Hemer, WR Shakim Phillips, WR Jarrod West, and TE Harold Spears to the Practice Squad.<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom