UConn in the NFL | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NFL

Reaction Score
UConnHuskies 6:31pm via Twitter Web Client
Big @gday85 checked in at No. 2 on this list...The video includes a few top-notch catches from the former #UConnWR.

New York GiantsVerified account‏@Giants
Which 5 players have made the biggest impact so far at #GiantsCamp?
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...ning-Camp/81413f64-e2f3-489b-9595-43161037de6

>>WR GEREMY DAVIS
Pegged as an immediate core special teamer, Geremy Davis, a rookie sixth-round draft pick out of Connecticut, flashed that potential as well as his receiving skills in the first handful of practices at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center. The 6-foot-2, 216-pounder has made a few highlight grabs, beginning with the first day of camp.

“I think he’s come a long way,” wide receivers coach Sean Ryan said. “The thing I really like about him is that he’s really serious. I mean, for a rookie he’s serious about his business. And he’s been that way since day one — he’s a note taker, he pays attention to everything, he’s detailed, he is as good of a worker as you can ask for with a maturity level, for a rookie, that is outstanding. And that is really what’s been most impressive to me.”<<

A new a kid that is a video editor for the Giants. He goes to my barbershop... I was lucky enough to run into him about 10 days ago... He said Davis is definitely making the squad... He's a player... Not for lack of talent though... They have a lot of talented WRs in camp he said... Davis making the squad speaks volumes in his ability...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I've always wondered how I can become a UConn insider. Good to know that I need to get my car washed more often and stray from home more than 7 miles to get my hair cut.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller3:27pm via TweetDeck
9 of the 27 #UConn products in NFL are either out or iffy to play in this week's preseason games
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/08/injuries-piling-up-for-former-uconn.html

Here's the breakdown of games including former UConn players even the injured ones

TODAY
New York Jets at Detroit (Dan Orlovsky), 7:30 p.m.
Green Bay at New England (Robert McClain), 7:30 p.m.
Washington (Trevardo Williams) at Cleveland, 8 p.m.
Dallas (Byron Jones) at San Diego (Donald Brown, Kendall Reyes), 10 p.m.

FRIDAY
Tennessee (Tebucky Jones, Yawin Smallwood, Blidi Wreh-Wilson) at Atlanta (Nick Williams), 7 p.m.
Carolina (Jordan Todman) at Buffalo (Marcus Easley), 7 p.m.
Giants (Will Beatty. Geremy Davis) at Cincinnati, 7:30 p.m.
Pittsburgh (Shakim Phillips) at Jacksonville (Dwayne Gratz). 7:30 p.m.
St. Louis at Oakland (Sio Moore), 10 p.m.
Denver(Tevrin Brandon) at Seattle (Deshon Foxx), 10 p.m.

SATURDAY
San Francisco at Houston (Ryan Griffin), 8 p.m.
Tampa Bay (Danny Lansanah) at Minnesota (Shamar Stephen), 8 p.m.
Kansas City (Tyvon Branch, Anthony Sherman) at Arizona, 9 p.m.
Indianapolis (Darius Butler, Donald Thomas) at Philadelphia (B.J. McBryde)

Reaction Score
9 of the 27 #UConn products in NFL are either out or iffy to play in this week's preseason games
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/08/injuries-piling-up-for-former-uconn.html

Here's the breakdown of games including former UConn players even the injured ones

TODAY

FRIDAY
Tennessee (Tebucky Jones, Yawin Smallwood, Blidi Wreh-Wilson) at Atlanta (Nick Williams), 7 p.m.
Carolina (Jordan Todman) at Buffalo (Marcus Easley), 7 p.m.
Giants (Will Beatty. Geremy Davis) at Cincinnati, 7:30 p.m.
Pittsburgh (Shakim Phillips) at Jacksonville (Dwayne Gratz). 7:30 p.m.
St. Louis at Oakland (Sio Moore), 10 p.m.
Denver(Tevrin Brandon) at Seattle (Deshon Foxx), 10 p.m.

SATURDAY
San Francisco at Houston (Ryan Griffin), 8 p.m.
Tampa Bay (Danny Lansanah) at Minnesota (Shamar Stephen), 8 p.m.
Kansas City (Tyvon Branch, Anthony Sherman) at Arizona, 9 p.m.
Indianapolis (Darius Butler, Donald Thomas) at Philadelphia (B.J. McBryde)

While the number will probably be lower, come the regular season, seeing the number of former UConn players on an NFL roster at 27, is pretty cool and certainly good for recruiting.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

TODAY
Reggie was getting love on one of the Boston sports talk shows on the afternoon drive. Said he was looking nice in the nickel spot, they were impressed.

Reaction Score
Ruh Rho

HelmanDC 8:06pm via Twitter for Android
Big, big collision between Claiborne and Byron in traffic in 7on7. Jones went down hard, walked off with trainers. He looks pretty shaken.

HelmanDC8:08pm via Twitter for Android
No way of knowing what the deal is with Byron for now. He walked off under his own power with a team doctor. His day is done.

toddarcher8:07pm via Twitter for iPhone
Byron Jones up slow after blindside collision with Mo Claiborne. Looking at left shoulder

toddarcher8:08pm via Twitter for iPhone
Byron Jones headed to locker room with doctor. Down 3 CBs now with Carr, Scandrick sitting

Brandon George
Head athletic trainer Jim Mauer and Dr. Cooper are back on the field now but CB Byron Jones stayed in locker room.

(Left shoulder is the repaired one)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ruh Rho

HelmanDC 8:06pm via Twitter for Android
Big, big collision between Claiborne and Byron in traffic in 7on7. Jones went down hard, walked off with trainers. He looks pretty shaken.

HelmanDC8:08pm via Twitter for Android
No way of knowing what the deal is with Byron for now. He walked off under his own power with a team doctor. His day is done.

toddarcher8:07pm via Twitter for iPhone
Byron Jones up slow after blindside collision with Mo Claiborne. Looking at left shoulder

toddarcher8:08pm via Twitter for iPhone
Byron Jones headed to locker room with doctor. Down 3 CBs now with Carr, Scandrick sitting

Brandon George
Head athletic trainer Jim Mauer and Dr. Cooper are back on the field now but CB Byron Jones stayed in locker room.

(Left shoulder is the repaired one)

@clarencehilljr: Jerry Jones said Byron Jones will be out a few days with a shoulder injury. But he should be OK. It's good news Jones said.

@clarencehilljr: Jerry Jones admitted being scared when he initially saw Byron Jones go down. He is relieved the shoulder injury is not serious

Reaction Score
sportsdfw 8:04pm via TweetDeck
It turns out shoulder injury to cornerback Byron Jones was just a big scare
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article31325588.html

>>Jones participated in the walk-through Monday morning. He said he felt good and was waiting on the final word from the doctors. “I was worried about the shoulder, but after I moved around a little bit it felt fine,” Jones said. “There was weakness but the strength came back pretty quickly.” Jones said he has full range of motion and strength in the shoulder. “He was out here and the walk-through, but he’s going to get an MRI and we’ll find out more,” coach Jason Garrett said. “He seemed to be in good spirits. We’ve just got to see what the information is.”<<

Reaction Score
Geremy davis 2.jpg

Picture from yesterday's Giant practice. Two more after this one.

Reaction Score
ZacBoyer 3:55pm via Twitter Web Client
The #Redskins have given outside linebacker Trevardo Williams, on injured reserve, an injury settlement. He's now a free agent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom