Jamal Murray (Committed to Kentucky) | The Boneyard

Jamal Murray (Committed to Kentucky)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like we offered him. He could stay in 2016 or switch up to 2015. Updates from 247 article here:

"All the top schools have called trying to learn more," Murray's father, Roger, told CatsPause.com during a lengthy conversation Wednesday.

"Kentucky is one of them, Oregon. We got an offer from UConn a couple days ago. We spoke to [SMU coach] Larry Brown. It's a continuous thing."
-----
Murray says he's aware of the fact that Calipari at Kentucky, as well as Kevin Ollie at UConn, have excelled at playing multiple point guards on the floor at the same time.

"Having the space to play and guards on the court, it's how you balance all that. When you're talking about Kentucky and UConn, they have a great system with point guards. Jamal plays to win and if you're playing to win, that doesn't matter. I don't think that will be a big factor."

Reaction Score
I think Kentucky is the favorite but when I was stalking Ollie's twitter to see if he friended Gibbs I saw that he's friends with Jamal Murray.

Reaction Score
Wow, very unexpected. He's definitely a very talented player. Duke was on him to reclassify too, but they got Thornton to reclassify. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Him & Adams in the backcourt would be a dynamic future. Back court would be deep with Adams, Murray, Purvis, TSam & SamC ... Nice!

Oh, I'll take S. Gibbs too... Only so many options... All encouraging...

Reaction Score
woahhhhhhh. talk about dream commit . kid dominated nike hoop summit this past year. went for 30

Reaction Score
In at least some of those mix tape segments he was on the floor with Thon Maker and the younger Maker.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
How realistic is it that he comes here? I guess a lot depends on if he chooses to reclassify. Seems like a Kentucky-type. But I wouldn't mind snagging him.
Any rumblings? @husky99 @3uconn @tcf15 ?

Reaction Score
How realistic is it that he comes here? I guess a lot depends on if he chooses to reclassify. Seems like a Kentucky-type. But I wouldn't mind snagging him.
Any rumblings? @husky99 @3uconn @tcf15 ?
He was rumored to have been down to UK and Oregon and was close to reclassifying. We're definately behind on his recruitment but never say never.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Hard to think this is anything but Kentucky. Aren't they currently scrambling to fill scholly's and missing on a few? It would make sense that a top 10 kid would reclassify if UK minutes fell into his lap, not to come play backup point at Uconn.

Reaction Score
Hard to think this is anything but Kentucky. Aren't they currently scrambling to fill scholly's and missing on a few? It would make sense that a top 10 kid would reclassify if UK minutes fell into his lap, not to come play backup point at Uconn.
They are pretty deep at guard though. They have signed 3 for this year and return Ulis, so it would be a bit of a logjam there.

Reaction Score
Even if he goes to Kentucky or anywhere else, I like that he likes UConn enough to talk about why he likes the setup we've got going on here. Seems like we should continue our presence as point guard U, and I for one am happy about that. Big men are fun to watch for sure, but having a dominant PG can really make up for shortcomings elsewhere, as we've seen 2 teams prove in the last 5 years...

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: UConn has offered 2016 @AI_OvillePrep PG Jamal Murray, his dad confirmed to @SNYtv . Chris Fisher had reported it.

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: UConn has offered 2016 @AI_OvillePrep PG Jamal Murray, his dad confirmed to @SNYtv . Chris Fisher had reported it.
I think at one point he was considering reclassifying to 2015. Anyone know if that's still a possibility?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
http://247sports.com/Article/Jamal-Murray-uncertain-on-reclassifying-to-2015-36740674

Jamal Murray said he he'll work on his body and continue to work on his guard skills, and he'll also have to continue to wrestle with the decision of staying in the 2016 class or deciding to reclassify into 2015 and pick a college. He'll also take part in the 2015 FIBA U19 Men's basketball world cup in late June in Greece as part of the Canadian U19 team.

Jamal Murray said his decision on staying in 2016 or going to college could be decided as late as August.

Reaction Score
http:// /Article/Jamal-Murray-uncertain-on-reclassifying-to-2015-36740674

Jamal Murray said he he'll work on his body and continue to work on his guard skills, and he'll also have to continue to wrestle with the decision of staying in the 2016 class or deciding to reclassify into 2015 and pick a college. He'll also take part in the 2015 FIBA U19 Men's basketball world cup in late June in Greece as part of the Canadian U19 team.

Jamal Murray said his decision on staying in 2016 or going to college could be decided as late as August.

Good find. Thanks.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well it sounds like we're not counting on Sterling Gibbs then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom