Jamal Murray (Committed to Kentucky) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jamal Murray (Committed to Kentucky)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Absolutely no chance Vandy wins the SEC.

Not a huge national media follower from a hoops perspective (why should I be?). This is an average write up by EB. No mention of Big Boz though (I think Djery "The Beast" Baptiste may take longer) Look for Vandy barring injury to make a nice run at the title. I thought the same think last year about Northern Iowa as a sleeper (finished #10 or 11 ranked). Northern Iowa did gag though in the tourney. lol

"It'll be a worthy SEC title challenger, if not more."

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/107593/looking-ahead-vanderbilt-commodores

Do you think youth will still be a big problem? They will be young no doubt. No seniors I believe.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not a huge national media follower from a hoops perspective (why should I be?). This is an average write up by EB. No mention of Big Boz though (I think Djery "The Beast" Baptiste may take longer) Look for Vandy barring injury to make a nice run at the title. I thought the same think last year about Northern Iowa as a sleeper (finished #10 or 11 ranked). Northern Iowa did gag though in the tourney. lol

"It'll be a worthy SEC title challenger, if not more."

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/107593/looking-ahead-vanderbilt-commodores

Do you think youth will still be a big problem? They will be young no doubt. No seniors I believe.
Vandy lost 14 games last year, didn't beat any good teams, and are not bringing in any highly touted recruits. I think they will improve but not challenge Kentucky for the SEC title or make any type of run for a championship. If I had to make a very early prediction I'd make them a 9 or 10 seed.

Reaction Score
Not at all, especially if you follow the media on twitter. But if it is for you, come back when the season starts.

You've got the next nine months to cry and complain about everything Kentucky-related. It seems a bit early to call a team "grossly overrated" when we're 4 months from the first practice.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You've got the next nine months to cry and complain about everything Kentucky-related. It seems a bit early to call a team "grossly overrated" when we're 4 months from the first practice.
Agreed. But I think we have a better team than them

Reaction Score
Agreed. But I think we have a better team than them

I don't know if we do or we don't, but it seems like people saying their frontcourt is thin because Poythress is their fourth big speaks to the talent level they usually have.

Reaction Score
Vandy lost 14 games last year, didn't beat any good teams, and are not bringing in any highly touted recruits. I think they will improve but not challenge Kentucky for the SEC title or make any type of run for a championship. If I had to make a very early prediction I'd make them a 9 or 10 seed.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/pf-c-djery-baptiste.62571/

I probably like Sehic better than Baptiste in the Vandy 2015 class. I think Baptiste will be hard pressed to contribute much on the offensive end. His rebounding though has the potential to be game changing from day 1. The guy to keep a very close eye on Matt is Nolan Cressler the Cornell transfer who is eligible this year (he is good). Just another sharp shooter not mentioned in the ESPN article. I think your prediction though is reasonable and represents a fair bearish projection for Vanderbilt ( 9 or 10 seed). I like Cressler (16.8 ppg at Cornell) quite a bit. I think Camron Justice (Vandy commit/Kentucky Mr. Basketball) will struggle on the defensive end but turn into the next Brady Heslip at the college level (a great 3 pt shooter).

Thanks for your contribution to some good college hoops chat. Have a great day Brodie.

I think Kentucky is Sweet16 good this year. They will be very good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog