Uconn FB's 25 most devastating losses | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn FB's 25 most devastating losses

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
One game that for me isn't on the list, but is still devestating: The 2003 loss to Virginia Tech. Not because we lost the game, because we were supposed to (even though we out gained VT). It's simply because of the loss of Terry Caulley.

Reaction Score
The only game I really questioned why I go to games was the 12-10 loss to UNC at the Rent.
Then we play them the next year and we are 5-0 and play them on the road and they killed us on ESPN with their fans going crazy after every play. Painful. During the day I was dreaming of what could be for the season, I went to bed having nightmares that we would never be able to get off another punt.

The only other game that left me numb was the Navy game where they ran all over us.

Reaction Score
The three blocked punt game against UNC.

We were 5-0 heading in and just as good as UNC. But three blocked punts sealed out fate.

Three blocked punts by the same guy!

Reaction Score
Just thought of another one, the Rutgers game where Tony C (2008) is normally a very accurate kicker missed a 42 yarder FG that was so easy I could have made it, and unfortunately that turned out to be the last game of his career as a Husky and FHCRE ended up benching him for a certain kicker named Dave Teggart :)

Maybe I'm behind the times, but I don't think 42 yard FG's have ever been considered easy. Makeable, but not easy. You have very tough standards.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm behind the times, but I don't think 42 yard FG's have ever been considered easy. Makeable, but not easy. You have very tough standards.

Especially on a windy day.

Tony C would have been cut slack for missing that had he not missed two shorters ones earlier in the day. But a hat trick in a 12-10 game is tough.

Reaction Score
I think it's a joke that this story is even published. How negative can somebody be before the season starts. This program is 10 years old in D.1. The negative tone is childish at best. Talk about no respect. Where's the Rutgers story? or Pitt/Syracuse? Can't wait for the start of camp! I ready to pancake this author. GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
The Temple loss.

The Rutgers loss after Jazz died was the most painful.
I can honestly say that that Rutgers loss was the only time I cried after a football loss. I had so much emotion invested in that day as a whole that that play was the biggest kick in the gut I ever had.

Reaction Score
I can honestly say that that Rutgers loss was the only time I cried after a football loss. I had so much emotion invested in that day as a whole that that play was the biggest kick in the gut I ever had.

Yea, that was one of the more devastating losses I've had as a sports fan. Dramatic comeback, great drive at the end that had I think 2 4th down conversions, rival, first home game after Jazz. Was about to be one of the most exciting wins we've ever had and then one play changes everything.

At WVU and vs. UNC that year were also tough. Rutgers in 08. Virginia in 07 was pretty bad too.

That article is stupid and I don't see the point in it. I doubt the author even watched a lot of those games, looked like he just looked at box scores and guessed.

Reaction Score
The whole thread is total subjective opinion. You are entitled to yours. I was providing mine.

To me, a loss isn't devastating when a much better team beats you. That covers WVU 07, the Fiesta Bowl and both the losses to Georgia Tech that the article lists.

Hard for me to call it a crushing loss when a) I expected for us to lose and b) it wasn't close.

Doesn't mean I wasn't screaming at my tv the whole time but still...

Reaction Score
Rutgers '09 was the most devastating (or definitely top 5), and it's not even on his list. What a joke. It's like he just took the two bowl losses and put them at the top just because they were bowl games.

Reaction Score
Nobody has started top wins? Let's turn this around

no particular order
Iowa State 02
USF 07
USF 10
Pitt 04
WVU 10
ND 09

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
UNC and RU in 2009 were horrible. UNC was an injured trainwreck with a pathetic QB and we lost because of QB uncertainty. Rutgers...you know what happened there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom