UConn - East Carolina Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn - East Carolina Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our girls looked (sounded in my case because ESPN3 was having problems on my end) great!!! Go, Huskies!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
How ridiculous is Caroline Peck? Here's how bad she is:"
CAROLYN PECK @CAROLYNPECK

"The SEC semis feels like a national FINAL FOUR with Kentucky vs So Carolina then Tenn vs Miss St." She is a nutty, shameless homer.
Well, that is about as close as three of these teams have come to a final four in a very very long time, so they really don't know any better!

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Well, yes. But she said it FEELS like a final four. And to her, it probably does. She'd see no difference between a top sirloin and a polish dog from 7-11.
Especially since half of those schools have never even been to a Final Four.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
That's a really dumb thing to write. Kentucky final four? Tennessee final four? Come on!!

Esp. funny since TENN looked like they might miss the NCAA's altogether just a week ago.

Reaction Score
Gabby has 6 pts., 6 boards, 4 steals. She's the bench today!

And 100 turnovers! Oh, my bad, she only committed 50- Natalie had the other 50. Geez, they'd better clean that stuff up. I'm gonna find some vise grips for Nat.

I love 'em both, but yikes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I mean this humorously and warmly.
Lou on post-game on radio: they're just going to stay off their feet tonight and rest up for tomorrow. Jeez; she played maybe 25 minutes. She's 18. In the summer, she probably plays 3 hrs non-stop, goes dancing, wakes up, ditto; rinse, repeat, all summer.
I know they're focused and it's nearing one-and-done, but I just found that funny.

Reaction Score
And 100 turnovers! Oh, my bad, she only committed 50- Natalie has the other 50. Geez, they'd better clean that stuff up. I'm gonna find some vise grips for Nat. I love 'em both, but yikes.
I think Gabby will clean up the turnovers, probably by next year. Not say'n she'll compete with Mo's numbers, but as we have seen Gabby is phenomenally athletic.

My theory is that when it comes to passing (which,as we are aware, is extremely important to Geno) she is trying to keep up with the likes of Stewie, Mo, and Morgan - to fit in if you will. Her passes just aren't as crisp and quick ...but I think they will eventually get there. We'll see.

Reaction Score
Yes, the game will slow down for Gabby, I'm sure. Right now, she sees a million ways to to things, but only one of them protects the ball as well. It's repetition that she needs, as she missed a couple of years. Muscle memory will produce for her the right play, just as she improved her foul shooting over the summer.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if there is bad blood between Geno and Heather Macy? I've noticed that after this game, and the other two this year as well, that their post game handshake is over in about a half second with not an audible word spoken. Seems like something is going on here.

Reaction Score
Among Lou's great skills is her ability to look innocent after whistled for a foul. Of course many players do this, but our Lou is the absolute best. You just want to open the gates of heaven and let her in. She may have a Hollywood career after basketball. Her 3pt. shot is also heavenly.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Among Lou's great skills is her ability to look innocent after whistled for a foul. Of course many players do this, but our Lou is the absolute best. You just want to open the gates of heaven and let her in. She may have a Hollywood career after basketball. Her 3pt. shot is also heavenly.
Moriah has an innocent face too.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Cool stat from the game wrap on ESPN - Uconn just tied ND for the eighth highest wins in a four year period - the owner of the top seven 4 year periods - UCONN!!! So with Uconn's next win this year they will own the eight highest totals. Pretty cool.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if there is bad blood between Geno and Heather Macy? I've noticed that after this game, and the other two this year as well, that their post game handshake is over in about a half second with not an audible word spoken. Seems like something is going on here.
That's a great question and I'd love to know the answer. Were the starters left in till the end for ECU? I think they are one of the more physical teams in the league...

Reaction Score
Geno's really pumping up Lou at around the 5:30 mark of the presser.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From the ESPN.com write-up:

"With the win, the Huskies senior class has 143 wins, tying Notre Dame's 2014 class for the eighth most in NCAA history. UConn has the top seven places."

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
That's a great question and I'd love to know the answer. Were the starters left in till the end for ECU? I think they are one of the more physical teams in the league...
It's hard to put your bench in when they only suited up 7 players.

Reaction Score
What's he saying?
Javaman posted the presser on the previous page: just play. Essentially, that's she's very tough; comes back hard after getting hit or called; will continue to play better. Just great confidence in her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom