UConn Discussion College Gameday | The Boneyard

UConn Discussion College Gameday

Reaction Score
It's fine to bring up that we are in the 30's in defensive efficiency this season, but to not attribute at least some of that to not having our defensive anchor for about 2/3 of the season so far (and maybe not having him at 100% at all yet) is disingenuous, or just lazy.
This is not to mention that we didn't have our best perimeter defender for a month as well.

The game against Creighton was probably closer to 100% than any game we've played all season, and we held a team that usually scores 79 points, to 48 points. That was a top 5 defensive performance the one time we had everyone available and close to fully healthy.

Reaction Score
Crazy watching a Tennessee WBB player and a Duke MBB player touting UConn.

I'm a big Andraya Carter fan for a variety of reasons.

My wife randomly met her at the gym last year after they were paired up together while taking a group class. During the workout, my wife had no clue who she was, but after the class they chatted a bit. I remember when my wife got home she told me I met someone who does TV for ESPN and she played basketball back in college. Small world.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It's fine to bring up that we are in the 30's in defensive efficiency this season, but to not attribute at least some of that to not having our defensive anchor for about 2/3 of the season so far (and maybe not having him at 100% at all yet) is disingenuous, or just lazy.
This is not to mention that we didn't have our best perimeter defender for a month as well.

The game against Creighton was probably closer to 100% than any game we've played all season, and we held a team that usually scores 79 points, to 48 points. That was a top 5 defensive performance the one time we had everyone available and close to fully healthy.

They mention it during other segments

Reaction Score
Said it before. It’s amazing how much hype was around Clingan going into the season and his absence has been completely glossed over. Imagine if Dickinson was out 5 games of conference play for KU, and they won’t every game despite that. We wouldn’t hear the end of it.

Reaction Score
Doomed but love the trajectory and narrative!

IMG_1257.jpeg

Reaction Score
Crazy watching a Tennessee WBB player and a Duke MBB player touting UConn.

I'm a big Andraya Carter fan for a variety of reasons.

My wife randomly met her at the gym last year after they were paired up together while taking a group class. During the workout, my wife had no clue who she was, but after the class they chatted a bit. I remember when my wife got home she told me I met someone who does TV for ESPN and she played basketball back in college. Small world.
Jay Williams basically sounds like a UConn fan now. He always has great things to say about the program and he's said several times that he wanted to go to UConn but Calhoun took Tony Robertson at the time. That's not how I remember it but I like hearing him say it.

The more and more Jay annoys Duke fans the more I like him.

Reaction Score
I'd like to have Bilas ask McDermott if he thinks we're an elite defense.

Once Clingan is up to 25-28 minutes a game, we'll out defend anyone in college hoops.
Clingan helps so much but the rest of the team was just super locked in the other night on defense. Newton’s defense against creighton was the best of his season.

Reaction Score
Nothing we didn't already know.

But the only thing worse than being talked about is NOT being talked about. All publicity is good publicity.

We knew this. But the rest of the country may not.

For those who think a #1 ranking doesn’t matter, think about the sustained, glowing coverage UConn is getting now. It burnishes the brand and creates new fans not just in Connecticut but across the country. It’ll help recruiting and revenue and ensure the program’s future success. There’s no doubt it’s important imho.

Reaction Score
It’s been said a few times but I think Clingan’s impact on D is as much about the shots other teams don’t take when they see him in the way than it is his actual on man defense.

Leads to teams running more shot clock which usually means lower quality shots. It’s the force multiplier on defense , the shots teams don’t take because of his presence inside

Reaction Score
I'd like to have Bilas ask McDermott if he thinks we're an elite defense.

Once Clingan is up to 25-28 minutes a game, we'll out defend anyone in college hoops.
Let’s do it again today fellas. When Hurley said in a press conference “they’ll have to pry it from our lifeless body” the kids aren’t going to give it up easily. Hurley has them all bought in.

pj

Reaction Score

We were 41 in defensive efficiency before the Creighton game, 31 after. If we keep improving 10 spots per game, we'll be #1 in 3 games.

Reaction Score
Soon after that Seth Greenberg waxed and waxed all over Kentucky and predicted them to win the natty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom