UConn Clearly Number One | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Clearly Number One

Status
Not open for further replies.

sTu

Reaction Score
"The surgery was arthroscopy to trim the meniscus. I had this surgery when I was in my 20's and was back to running in 3 weeks. I had it again 2 years ago and was back to unrestricted activity in 4 weeks with less cartilege, torn ACL, touch of arthritis and all."

I have had three meniscus trims. The first one was 30 or so years ago and the surgeon gave me no restrictions. I was a marathon runner and ran two miles the next day. It was not fun or in line with present thinking, but I did continue my training within a week. Guessing, I think she s back practicing in four weeks on the outside.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
One thing I noted last night with Ward and Lobo was that they tended to talk through the action on the court, many times not giving info on who fouled or who was fouled, and carried on their side conversation.

Viewers also left to decipher most times whether the shot was a 2 or a 3 by watching the score, which,by the way, was put up abysmally slow by ESPNU. I'd have to guess that the biggest part of the production budget goes to ESPN and ESPN2.

And my constant complaint with Lobo - she practices reverse discrimination against UCONN in order to appear unbiased. Rebecca gave Frese a lot of good suggestions, which were ignored, LOL.

JMHO

All criticism aside, at least the games are available to watch.

Reaction Score
I would've given the ball to thomas 100% of the time. She s a great player having a great game, and UConn had trouble matching up with her.

I see nothing wrong with telling a player to take the ball at a defender.

I agree with you about an analyst commenting that a player should take the ball at the defender. But Rebecca went further. She advocated the player throw her body into the player even if it is a foul- knowing very well it would be. As stated it's not terrible. But advocating a foul in hopes of fooling the refs from an analyst is weird. That's just not as you stated "taking the ball to the defender." If I remember correctly it was in some manner "throw your body into the defender." I listen to a lot of games - and the postgame and pregames etc. It is rare/wierd to hear an analyst advocate play that might fool the refs. I mean you do hear the cliche "you have to fight, scratch and claw." But those are exaggerations and not with a blatant "maybe the refs won't catch it."

Reaction Score
One thing I noted last night with Ward and Lobo was that they tended to talk through the action on the court, many times not giving info on who fouled or who was fouled, and carried on their side conversation.

Viewers also left to decipher most times whether the shot was a 2 or a 3 by watching the score, which,by the way, was put up abysmally slow by ESPNU. I'd have to guess that the biggest part of the production budget goes to ESPN and ESPN2.

And my constant complaint with Lobo - she practices reverse discrimination against UCONN in order to appear unbiased. Rebecca gave Frese a lot of good suggestions, which were ignored, LOL.

JMHO

All criticism aside, at least the games are available to watch.

I know. Last year one of our games vs Notre Dame. The play-by-play announcer was mentioning how UCONN was getting the benefit of many calls. He concluded this comment later with a play in which Diggins threw her body into a husky and didn't get the call. On the replay he stated in some manner, "That's a foul." Rebecca replied, "You think so?" I posted last year that play on here. That was not a foul. Rebecca knew it. This past game she even remarked about throwing the body into the player even if it is a foul. But she said nothing to the play-by-play last year in that big game to the announcer except ask him a question in reply.

Reaction Score
I agree with you about an analyst commenting that a player should take the ball at the defender. But Rebecca went further. She advocated the player throw her body into the player even if it is a foul- knowing very well it would be. As stated it's not terrible. But advocating a foul in hopes of fooling the refs from an analyst is weird. That's just not as you stated "taking the ball to the defender." If I remember correctly it was in some manner "throw your body into the defender." I listen to a lot of games - and the postgame and pregames etc. It is rare/wierd to hear an analyst advocate play that might fool the refs. I mean you do hear the cliche "you have to fight, scratch and claw." But those are exaggerations and not with a blatant "maybe the refs won't catch it."

Reaction Score
[/quote
So what what is it that she said that was wrong- coaches tell their players to go at the person in foul trouble all the time This board I thought was to discuss basketball and now we critique announcers. Like Pecozzi hate Meg blah blah I like blue whar do you like ?

Reaction Score
Rebecca gave Frese a lot of good suggestions,

And that's evidence she's biased?

The analysts are always going to talk about what a team can/should do to get back in the game and make it interesting.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
And that's evidence she's biased?

The analysts are always going to talk about what a team can/should do to get back in the game and make it interesting.

Rebecca was giving these suggestions when the game was see-sawing in the first half. I would have expected a few "UCONN needs to .............." to balance it out. Rebecca may be biased in reality, but probably in favor of UCONN - she is going to extraordinary lengths in order to not appear that way.

Like I said, my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

To Phil:

1-- So now announcers are coaches? When did this happen? So maybe now that you have elevated Lobo to coach, so now maybe you'd be okay if she'd swear like the coaches do and yell at the refs during the games too as a commnentator?

2-- Who said that anaylsyts are off limits for critique (positive or negative)? You mean to tell me you haven't read any positive posts about someone like Kara Lawson? Didn't you see the thread on this same page called "Debbie Antonelli?" Maybe you just want people to post on the subjects you only want to talk about?

3-Debbie Antonelli advocated a style of play years back that I disagree with big time. I don't know if she has changed since. So now as she critiques the game, a style which I don't agree with (also i question her bias but I use the word "question.") , I'm not allowed to question her analysis? Her analysis is of basketball. My issue with her is of basketball. Thus the subject is of basketball.

Reaction Score
The words UCONN across the chest all Duke needs to see and the start to shoot bad shots and throw the ball out of bounds.....Duke has a very good team, but UCONN will have there way again on Dec 17th........WE might have both players back or at least 1................Lets see what happens to make PSU play like ST Francis..........Did UCONN go the football game in State College?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom