UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 76 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Another problem is scholarships and NIL money. If UConn had a robust NIL program, we could pull those kind of guys in.

Reaction Score
It's that time of year, usually I post a recruiting summary update twice a year, once after the UConn baseball season is over, and then again right around Thanksgiving, as recruiting commitments to UConn baseball usually slow down in November. So here it is.

High school Class of 2024

Gabriel Tirado - C
Anthony Belisario - OF/SS
Jack LaRose - SS
Connor Lane - C/1B/3B
Cole Taylor - 3B/RHP

Joey Tonnotti - RHP/OF
Cayden Suchy - LHP/OF
Drew Smith - RHP
Owen Norrell - LHP
Zach Worzel - LHP

Aidan Dougherty - OF/1B - JUCO Transfer from Linn-Benton Community College

Evan Hamberger - LHP - JUCO Transfer from Spokane Falls CC

High school Class of 2025

Logan Charboneau - 1B
Matthew McDowell - SS
Camden Righi - C
Henry Jackson - SS
Bryce Detwiler - INF/P

Brady Ericson - LHP
Daniel Margolies - LHP
Traigh Skiffington - RHP

High school Class of 2026

Vincent Lombardo - OF
Amato Civitello - SS/RHP

Shaun Flannery - RHP

Reaction Score
Another problem is scholarships and NIL money. If UConn had a robust NIL program, we could pull those kind of guys in.
Baseball has an NIL program under Bleeding Blue and D’Amelio

Reaction Score
Baseball has an NIL program under Bleeding Blue and D’Amelio
and as you would expect from the program, they have a fully articulated plan for how that money is used.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
It's that time of year, usually I post a recruiting summary update twice a year, once after the UConn baseball season is over, and then again right around Thanksgiving, as recruiting commitments to UConn baseball usually slow down in November. So here it is.

High school Class of 2024

Gabriel Tirado - C
Anthony Belisario - OF/SS
Jack LaRose - SS
Connor Lane - C/1B/3B
Cole Taylor - 3B/RHP

Joey Tonnotti - RHP/OF
Cayden Suchy - LHP/OF
Drew Smith - RHP
Owen Norrell - LHP
Zach Worzel - LHP

Aidan Dougherty - OF/1B - JUCO Transfer from Linn-Benton Community College

Evan Hamberger - LHP - JUCO Transfer from Spokane Falls CC

High school Class of 2025

Logan Charboneau - 1B
Matthew McDowell - SS
Camden Righi - C
Henry Jackson - SS
Bryce Detwiler - INF/P

Brady Ericson - LHP
Daniel Margolies - LHP
Traigh Skiffington - RHP

High school Class of 2026

Vincent Lombardo - OF
Amato Civitello - SS/RHP

Shaun Flannery - RHP
McDowell will for sure pitch as well. He is touching 92-93 right now at the beginning of his Jr year.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

A Calfornia JUCO, Grant Macarthur plays 1B and is entering his sophomore season for San Joaquin Delta College.

This is an interesting signing. He played 3B in high school and committed to Hawaii then moved to 1B at JUCO school. Big guy (6'4" 240) with power. Won a home run derby in San Diego and hit .357/13/62 in 46 games last year. They need some size and physicality (a la Huber) in their lineup. This guy fits that.

Reaction Score
This is an interesting signing. He played 3B in high school and committed to Hawaii then moved to 1B at JUCO school. Big guy (6'4" 240) with power. Won a home run derby in San Diego and hit .357/13/62 in 46 games last year. They need some size and physicality (a la Huber) in their lineup. This guy fits that.
looks like a nice plug and play for Broadhurst next year

Reaction Score

I like that UConn seems to be getting back into getting JUCO recruits. UConn now has at least 3 JUCO recruits coming in for next season. At the very least, Macarthur will provide 1B competition for Maddix Dalena next year. We'll see how Dalena does this coming season.

Reaction Score
I believe when Zavien Watson originally committed to UConn, it was on his twitter page, and it was posted to this thread. It looks like that post on his twitter page no longer exists. That to me is possible evidence that Watson is not coming to UConn.

Also, the D1Baseball.com Transfer Tracker listings have a number of other players transferring to UConn, but Watson was never one of those players listed as transferring to UConn.

It always seems to happen that every year one or two players who had announced at some point that they are transferring to UConn end up not coming to Storrs and joining the baseball team for fall ball for whatever reason. I'm guessing that Watson may be that guy this time around.
grades I believe.
Watson ended up @ Cal State Bakersfield:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom