UConn at Cincy Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn at Cincy Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Yeah. Jewell is really good and very exciting. Both Jewell and Stewie have had a few off-games. Overall, I think it close in terms of who the NPOY should be.
Reminds me of the year (2004?) where Alana Beard from Duke beat DT for NPOY. Totally based on scoring. We all know who ended up with her third NC.....

Reaction Score
So what if JL gets NPOY. Alana Beard got NPOY over DT. Who was greater?

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Let's see,the team shot 56+% and 52+% from the three point line and 80% from the free throw line,and overall,everyone we expect to contribute did,and some in a big way.I wonder who someone is going to find flaws in,in this performance.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
or if he didn't make them play defense.

Svetlana Abrosimova ‏@zvetlanka 13m13 minutes ago
Congrats to @Kaleena23 on a wonderful season. I could have scored a lot more if coach Auriemma didn't make me play defense all the time :)

Love the Svet quote. Just love it.

And I cannot think of a time in the DECADES that I have been watching Geno coached teams where he has asked anyone to back off defense. That is not in his nature.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Love the Svet quote. Just love it.

And I cannot think of a time in the DECADES that I have been watching Geno coached teams where he has asked anyone to back off defense. That is not in his nature.

I'm still laughing at Sveta's tweet after reading it fifteen minutes ago. I just can't stop loving that lady!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
SVET is SO funny. I remember another one of her classics - "I didn't come all this way to pass"

Reaction Score
NPOY is for the player who has the best performance for that year and your point is ....!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
NPOY is for the player who has the best performance for that year and your point is ....!
Beard padded her stats against weaker teams, thanks to coach GG. Look at Min played for both that year.

BTW, NPOY is voted on BEFORE the Tournament....

Reaction Score

It didn't matter who NPOY was after DT got one. So they gave it to Beard - big deal. We won the title they - Duke- Beard - got a reg. season award. Gimme the title any day. They give awards to gaudy stats sometimes which JL has. It happens. And just like DT was 1st pick - so will Stewie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom