UConn @ #19 Tennessee Volunteers (Saturday 11/4/23 @Noon on SECN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #19 Tennessee Volunteers (Saturday 11/4/23 @Noon on SECN)

Reaction Score
This is classic! The hatred still runs deep. Geno should make an appearance.

Screenshot_20231031_224556_Facebook.jpg

Reaction Score
I like the tribute. Pat was a tremendous Coach.

As far as football goes we need to man up, focus, and give that extra shove after the whistle SEC style. No refs giving us any breaks regardless. Just compete. Who's our OC this week?

Reaction Score
I am not as concerned about us getting our butts whooped as some here. The one thing we can point to is we’ve had a decent schedule, played some good teams, we’ve seen this story before and hopefully developed some grit.

Our guys having nothing to lose and a chip on their shoulder, and have played similar competition this year. Let’s go!

Reaction Score
I like the tribute. Pat was a tremendous Coach.

As far as football goes we need to man up, focus, and give that extra shove after the whistle SEC style. No refs giving us any breaks regardless. Just compete. Who's our OC this week?
The only thing you can do in these type of games is let them know it’s going to be a very long day every play. Every guy has to have a chip on his shoulder closing on the ball. No one man tackles on an island. You help your teammate playing through the whistle no matter where you are. One on one we get beat. On O we have to use their speed and quickness against them. Lots of counter and misdirection, pick patterns, TE release and slants. Running out of shotgun is s huge mistake. They are too fast. We need to freeze them with a lot of play action under center.

If we run the same crappy Chsrlton playbook with WO screens, zone run reads out of shot gun, we will be hammered.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
The keys to a miracle are:
  1. O-line making holes so we can run the ball effectively.
  2. Calling smart and effective plays that include down-field passes.
  3. Receivers and TE catching balls.
  4. D-line must limit the run lanes.
  5. D-backs must eliminate the mental errors.
  6. Special teams just doing what they are expected to do.
We need all of that, PLUS career games from our stars: Roberson, Rosa, Edwards, Joly, Ross, Haynes, Mitchell, Yates, Stafford, Ruelas, etc.

Reaction Score
I hope the players look forward to playing against top teams like this. As a fan if wish we wouldn’t schedule these “body bag” games. Other than money, we get nothing out of it. Seems wrong to make the team get pounded just so we can pay the bills. Maybe the players look forward to playing in a large, famous venue and the memories they will have of it, I dunno.

Reaction Score
I can see a 56-0 final in this one. In an effort to boost my Huskies i‘ll give the points, cause I’m doomed.

Reaction Score
Anyone have a theory how UConn could beat Tennessee? I'd like to hear!
No, but it is a good measuring stick for what needs to be accomplished of UCONN wants to be good. I doubt UT will completely embarass Connecticut. We could see a lot of their reserves.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UConn should see plenty of 2nd string and 3rd string players. Play hard and fast and avoid injuries.
Don't look at scoreboard and burn the game film afterwardsp.

Reaction Score
Our guys having nothing to lose and a chip on their shoulder, and have played similar competition this year. Let’s go!
Just curious of which other game this year we were 35.5 underdogs??? There is a lot to gain and a lot to loose.
No, but it is a good measuring stick for what needs to be accomplished of UCONN wants to be good. I doubt UT will completely embarass Connecticut. We could see a lot of their reserves.
No attack but the measuring stick for what needs to be accomplished has already been layed out. No conference, the portal, as Jim has said does little to nothing for UConn.
Not a Debbie Downer as I have already told the school on their call on Monday I will be reordering seasons tiks next year.
We can only hope the games get better than our tailgates. ;)

Reaction Score
The keys to a miracle are:
  1. O-line making holes so we can run the ball effectively.
  2. Calling smart and effective plays that include down-field passes.
  3. Receivers and TE catching balls.
  4. D-line must limit the run lanes.
  5. D-backs must eliminate the mental errors.
  6. Special teams just doing what they are expected to do.
We need all of that, PLUS career games from our stars: Roberson, Rosa, Edwards, Joly, Ross, Haynes, Mitchell, Yates, Stafford, Ruelas, etc.
The least likely is #2.

Reaction Score
I say just go out stay out late and have fun in Knoxville, I mean what’s the difference it’s a noon game. Party, let it fly on game day and get out.

Reaction Score
Just curious of which other game this year we were 35.5 underdogs??? There is a lot to gain and a lot to loose.

No attack but the measuring stick for what needs to be accomplished has already been layed out. No conference, the portal, as Jim has said does little to nothing for UConn.
Not a Debbie Downer as I have already told the school on their call on Monday I will be reordering seasons tiks next year.
We can only hope the games get better than our tailgates. ;)
Duke - not sure of how much the spread was… but I think the spread this week is more about the perception of how bad we are vs. how much better Tenessee is than Duke.

Reaction Score
Duke - not sure of how much the spread was… but I think the spread this week is more about the perception of how bad we are vs. how much better Tenessee is than Duke.
I think the Duke spread was 22 or 23 points, they easily covered.

I think their run game is going to be a big problem for us.

I’ll be there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom