U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 32 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
And the Orange DNA near human gets out of his prehensile tail spin. Nice get y'all. Looks like Azura will have someone to school.

Thanks much...good day. Been awhile between "gets" :D.

Given that they're both from New York City, I'll bet UConn's Batouly Camara and Danielle will have a chance to reacquaint themselves, as well ;)

Happy to have Danielle Patterson and Mikayla Vaughn aboard and have the chance their freshman year to not only play UConn's Batouly and Azura (and others), but spend a year learning from and working with their ND front-court teammates, Brianna Turner, Kat Westbeld and Koko Nelson (who will hopefully get an extra year).

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Yup ESPN also has it now also.

I distinctly remember a few exchanges you and I had about both Ms. Patterson and Ms. Vaughn. Interesting that at the end of the whole long '17 process, that the two forwards the Irish got commitments from were the two from the Northeast. Alright!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I distinctly remember a few exchanges you and I had about both Ms. Patterson and Ms. Vaughn. Interesting that at the end of the whole long '17 process, that the two forwards the Irish got commitments from were the two from the Northeast. Alright!
Looks like Muffet hasn't lost her recruiting touch. Good on her.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Thanks much...good day. Been awhile between "gets" :D.

Given that they're both from New York City, I'll bet UConn's Batouly Camara and Danielle will have a chance to reacquaint themselves, as well ;)

Happy to have Danielle Patterson and Mikayla Vaughn aboard and have the chance their freshman year to not only play UConn's Batouly and Azura (and others), but spend a year learning from and working with their ND front-court teammates, Brianna Turner, Kat Westbeld and Koko Nelson (who will hopefully get an extra year).

Nice future front court there with Patterson and Vaughn, who I think is grossly underrated by most. Congrats on the pickup!

Reaction Score
Nice future front court there with Patterson and Vaughn, who I think is grossly underrated by most. Congrats on the pickup!

have you seen Vaughn ? if so, please describe her game

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
have you seen Vaughn ? if so, please describe her game

Not in person, but South Carolina briefly recruited her early on, so I watched some videos of her in the past when she was younger. She's much improved now... but even back then I recall being impressed by her length and how well she moves without the ball for a 6'2" (6'3"?) girl. I think she can play the 5, but she seems more like a 4 to me. She plays big inside (bigger than her height suggests) and she has an aggressiveness that not all post players have, but need. I think she needs to work on her outside game.. an elbow jumper would do her well, but that may end up being Patterson's role.. she seems like a 3/4 to me.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Not in person, but South Carolina briefly recruited her early on, so I watched some videos of her in the past when she was younger. She's much improved now... but even back then I recall being impressed by her length and how well she moves without the ball for a 6'2" (6'3"?) girl. I think she can play the 5, but she seems more like a 4 to me. She plays big inside (bigger than her height suggests) and she has an aggressiveness that not all post players have, but need. I think she needs to work on her outside game.. an elbow jumper would do her well, but that may end up being Patterson's role.. she seems like a 3/4 to me.

She's a 4 the way y'all (SC) play. She's a 5 the way ND plays. Just my guess. We'll see what Muffet says on signing day. Patterson might be a 4 for ND but I'd guess she plays some 5, too.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
She's a 4 the way y'all (SC) play. She's a 5 the way ND plays. Just my guess. We'll see what Muffet says on signing day. Patterson might be a 4 for ND but I'd guess she plays some 5, too.

Like you, I'll be interested in what MM has to say on signing day. I have a buddy who knows the regional AAU circuit here in NYC/NJ and he thinks Patterson is best suited to around the top of the lane/elbow to allow for her driving and pull-up jumper. Sounds like Westbeld's slot (4). Have not seen, read or heard as much about Ms. Vaughn, but seems like she's closer to the hoop.

I'm glad we have both.....

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Not sure if she made the right decision basketball wise..either way the degree is the thing there......

UPDATED: Urbana guard heading to Duke

Lot of basketball connections here. Best friends of Illini Coach Matt Bollant's daughter (ouch for U of I) and was coached by Anaya Peoples' dad. The Duke diploma is, indeed, a good one but she's got an awfully optimistic viewpoint on what the Duke program has just been though and all those promises made oh, a year + down the road....ah youth!:rolleyes: (If those are the kinds of schools you're interested in, might've suggested looking at Vandy, Northwestern, etc., as well.)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lot of basketball connections here. Best friends of Illini Coach Matt Bollant's daughter (ouch for U of I) and was coached by Anaya Peoples' dad. The Duke diploma is, indeed, a good one but she's got an awfully optimistic viewpoint on what the Duke program has just been though and all those promises made oh, a year + down the road....ah youth!:rolleyes: (If those are the kinds of schools you're interested in, might've suggested looking at Vandy, Northwestern, etc., as well.)

what promises ?

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I saw that Rellah Boothe visited Ohio State this past weekend and is now down to just Texas, Ohio State, LSU, and Florida. This is interesting because for the longest time she listed Maryland as her leader.
I think she is signing this Friday, if the ESPN article is correct.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I saw that Rellah Boothe visited Ohio State this past weekend and is now down to just Texas, Ohio State, LSU, and Florida. This is interesting because for the longest time she listed Maryland as her leader.
I think she is signing this Friday, if the ESPN article is correct.
Which article?

Maryland hasn't been involved with Boothe in quite a while; early on, they were perceived to be on her short list with Tennessee and Auburn, but there was never solid confirmation on that (other than ESPN's list of schools she was considering).

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Thanks

It is interesting that the three schools [Maryland, Tennessee, Auburn] she was most attached to in the beginning aren't even a part of her final four.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Does it mean that LSU is out of the running for Rellah Boothe? A class of Farley-Clark, Boothe, and Khayla pointer (Nike Nationals Champion) would surely boost the tigers back near the top of the SEC.

To that question, Raoul's latest Boothe update:

Reaction Score
Well, that was quite an evening....
- Walker to UConn
- Westbrook to Tennessee

Sorry pal.............luckily you have some pretty good freshman this year to keep you in the running for a while

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom