Tyler Dorsey (Committed to Oregon) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tyler Dorsey (Committed to Oregon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There isn't one simple catch-all reason that explains everything. Mack and Clarke may have seen a questionable route to playing time with a better recruit at their position a year ahead of them (and Omar), Dorsey might have preferred not to travel east (and/or could be lukewarm about playing with Hamilton again after they had a rocky last season together, even though his dad said they were good friends), Briscoe might have simply been a Kentucky or bust guy, Jones may have been us backing off a bit with grades, and Newman might have simply looked at our schedule and decided that he was too good to play road games at East Carolina and Tulsa (which could be a recurring issue going forward for the top top guys). Or a million other reasons.

Our initial recruiting efforts have allowed us to close with four - but two later reopened. Adams was huge to fill our biggest need, and maybe we'd have had a better shot at Mack if he had a chance to see how much we need his shooting, but that's the way the recruiting calendar has always been so that's just idle whining. Now we probably have to look for a diamond in the rough shooter in the spring, ala Brimah when we needed a big. Or hope Omar keeps going as he's going and Purvis/Hamilton get better.

As for our staff, maybe Hobbs doesn't relate to the younger generation as well as he once did, but he's a proven recruiter. I honestly have no idea what the inner workings of the staff are to give an opinion, but if he can't do it at the level we need then maybe he can replace Howie when he retires and we can open up a search. Miller is in the Blaney role and doesn't recruit, and Ricky is the bottom rung assistant cutting his teeth.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/calipari-tells-malik-newman-drake-may-be-at-big-blue-madness/

Per Malik Newman: “(Calipari) said Drake might come this year,” Newman said. “That would be a really good event to go to. It really lets me know what they’re working with and that (Kentucky) has a lot of connections.”

Who have we had? Not that I want UConn to do anything like this....

We had Ray Allen, a future hall of famer. I'm sure recruits think it's cool to see Drake, but I'm also sure seeing Ray Allen was pretty cool for the 10+ recruits we had at first night.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We had Ray Allen, a future hall of famer. I'm sure recruits think it's cool to see Drake, but I'm also sure seeing Ray Allen was pretty cool for the 10+ recruits we had at first night.
Now if he can just bring King James.....

Reaction Score
Vance Jackson, VJ King, Mario Kegler. All bigtime recruits at the SF position, and all of them have shown pretty good interest in Uconn. Given the need at that position with Calhoun's departure next year, and with Hamilton a decent bet to be gone before his senior year, I think one of these 3 will look at the huge amounts of playing time, and realize this is a great opportunity.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I'm assuming that some part of the accreditation process at least considers the academic rigor of the institution.

No, at least not at that granular level.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Frozen granular, or loose?

Hmmm...have you ever seen those brown sugar packs at Starbucks?

Kinda like that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hmmm...have you ever seen those brown sugar packs at Starbucks?

Kinda like that.

Most useless product ever. Any time I dump a packet of that stuff in to my coffee it goes straight to the bottom. I'm convinced it's not really even real cane sugar.

Reaction Score
Most useless product ever. Any time I dump a packet of that stuff in to my coffee it goes straight to the bottom. I'm convinced it's not really even real cane sugar.

It's not. It just fools people.

Unfortunately, if you want to kick sugar, the only real alternatives taste horrible in coffee. Real natural stevia leaves, honey, and maple syrup. All the rest are cons, or are best of minimal health benefit. Some are even worse than sugar, like Agave. Tastes horrible and it's worse for you.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's not. It just fools people.

No, it's normal old sugar.

It's just "less refined" which in reality means nothing.

Sugar be sugar.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you need to put sugar or any other sweetener in your coffee you either don't like coffee or you are drinking crap coffee, which is what I consider Charbucks.

Reaction Score
No, it's normal old sugar.

It's just "less refined" which in reality means nothing.

Sugar be sugar.

Yes, agreed. I meant, no, it's not pure unadulterated cane sugar.

Reaction Score
If you need to put sugar or any other sweetener in your coffee you either don't like coffee or you are drinking crap coffee, which is what I consider Charbucks.

I like coffee. And I like sugar. I like chocolate. And I like sugar. Do you like chocolate?

pj

Reaction Score
Black coffee, Dorsey, and Stone. To go.

Reaction Score
We're not out yet..
@AdamZagoria: UConn's Kevin Ollie will see 2015 G @TDORSEY_1 today, his dad tells @SNYtv. Kid's scored 40 4 or 5 times already this year.

Guess ollie is trying to get back into the dorsey race. Very needed

Reaction Score
Guess ollie is trying to get back into the dorsey race. Very needed

maybe he's got a tinder hookup in the area

jokes!!!! please dont censor this because I'm joking about the coach getting after it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom