PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I was in the second row, on dead balls he drifted towards me and took instruction from the man in front of me. As time wore down to under 5 minutes and down -17ish, the instructions were to "make sure your having fun out there, I love you" . It was his dad I had been talking with during the game.

This is my favorite part of your writeup. Too many parents are maniacal out there on the sidelines; it's good to see some instill the right things in their kids.

My 2nd favorite part was him comparing Tremont's situation to Shabazz's...tells me UConn is on his mind, even if it's only a little.

Reaction Score
This is my favorite part of your writeup. Too many parents are maniacal out there on the sidelines; it's good to see some instill the right things in their kids.

My 2nd favorite part was him comparing Tremont's situation to Shabazz's...tells me UConn is on his mind, even if it's only a little.

His father didn't bring up Shabazz the OP did.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Don't know if this was posted yet. But Tremont hit a game winner the last Friday night.

Nice clutch shot, would love to have him come t0 UConn. Got to say the defense on that play was surprisingly non-existent, but a big shot nonetheless.

Reaction Score
Nice clutch shot, would love to have him come t0 UConn. Got to say the defense on that play was surprisingly non-existent, but a big shot nonetheless.

non existent is an understatement. I think the opposing coach had money on South Kent. He put nobody on ball to make him cut side to side, and then his two players looked lost bumping into each other and then neither playing defense. But hey he still made the shot.

Reaction Score
From 247, where Waters was included as one of the ten standouts from the NPI:

Tremont Waters: The 5'10" mature sophomore point guard was a dominating scorer for the South Kent School. Waters, currently ranked twenty-fifth shot in the 2017 class, well at all three levels, was the best ball-handler at the event, and, despite being the focus of the opposing teams, routinely split defenders for dishes to teammates or finishes at the basket. Despite sometimes being the smallest player on the court, the 3.9 student, used his poise and advanced understanding to combat defenders. His ability to change speeds, deep range, and floater make him so frustrating to contain. Defensively, he tries to compensate for his lack of strength and size with a high effort level and playing angles. His father said that UConn, Oklahoma, St. John's, Maryland, Syracuse, Michigan, Indiana, Miami, Villanova, Duke, and West Virginia have all recruited Tremont Waters. Tremont has already been on the campus of UConn, Seton Hall, Boston University, and St. John's.

Reaction Score
From 247, where Waters was included as one of the ten standouts from the NPI:

Tremont Waters: The 5'10" mature sophomore point guard was a dominating scorer for the South Kent School. Waters, currently ranked twenty-fifth shot in the 2017 class, well at all three levels, was the best ball-handler at the event, and, despite being the focus of the opposing teams, routinely split defenders for dishes to teammates or finishes at the basket. Despite sometimes being the smallest player on the court, the 3.9 student, used his poise and advanced understanding to combat defenders. His ability to change speeds, deep range, and floater make him so frustrating to contain. Defensively, he tries to compensate for his lack of strength and size with a high effort level and playing angles. His father said that UConn, Oklahoma, St. John's, Maryland, Syracuse, Michigan, Indiana, Miami, Villanova, Duke, and West Virginia have all recruited Tremont Waters. Tremont has already been on the campus of UConn, Seton Hall, Boston University, and St. John's.

To tag off of TCF… I’ll add:

Tremont made the All Tournament Team at NPSI Tournament, along with New Englanders Steve Enoch & Curtis Cobb (plus a few others).

Tremont was impressive averaging 28 ppg, with games of 37 pts and 19 pts.
Enoch had one big game of 26 pts, but his first game he only scored 2 pts.
Cobb was also impressive, averaging 27 ppg, with games of 21 pts & 33 pts. His 33 pt game was against Thon Maker & Jamal Murray’s team (they’re 5 & 4 star guys). I saw they listed Cobb at 6’5”, rather than the usual 6’3”.

I believe VermontAcademy only played the last day of the tournament, with Bruce Brown scoring 19 pts, Tyrique Jones scoring 10 pts and Samuel Japhet-Mathias 4 pts.

That said, Omari Spellman was the MVP, from MacDuffieSchool in MA (via OH). He’s a 2016 PF, 6’9” wide body, Top 25 guy. He had games of 22 pts & 27 pts. I’ve read he had reclassified back a year. I wonder if he’s a candidate to reclassify back to 2015? He’d be a big time get if we could sneak in!

I think Tremont will reclassify to 2016 too, so lets jump in hard now.

http://netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/national-prep-school-invitational-tournament-team/
http://netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/2015-national-prep-school-invitational-final-day/
http://netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/2015-national-prep-school-invitational-day-3/
http://netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/2015-national-prep-school-invitational-day-2/
http://netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/2015-national-prep-school-invitational-day-1/

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I think Tremont will reclassify to 2016 too, so lets jump in hard now.
Why do you think that? First time I've seen it mentioned.

Reaction Score
Why do you think that? First time I've seen it mentioned.

His father told someone on here he was thinking of reclassifying to 2016 at a recent game & Tremont is already 17 years old (last month) as a Sophomore & supposedly a very good student (ie he has the grades & game, old for his class). The latest trend seems to be reclassifying back a year when going the Prep route & if you're really good, to reclassify back to your original class (see Drummond, Wiggins, Thon Maker, possibly Waters, Spellman & VJ King). Not saying they will, but you never know.

Reaction Score
He's going to be an amazing college player. Really hoping he sticks with his favorite team growing up.

I don't think we want that. I'm pretty sure he's said that his favorite school growing up is in North Carolina.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
So is he about to commit to Seton Hall? Or Fordham?

In all honesty, this is a kid we're in good shape with, right?
Yes. But until he's on campus (which may be sooner than later - there's speculation he'll reclassify to 2016) and in the uniform, we need to be terrified of Duke. He's had nice things to say about them in the past, and they're recruiting him (nowhere near as hard as we are, but still).

There are several other 2017 PGs we're on early, including Khalid's kid. But Waters is, by all accounts, A) the best of them and B) our No. 1 target.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, this is a kid I would sign up early as possible. It really hurts not having an assistant who can close aggressively.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Tremont Waters is a stud...

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, this is a kid I would sign up early as possible. It really hurts not having an assistant who can close aggressively.
Find out who this kids handler is and offer him an assitant job on the spot.

Reaction Score
Waters is about 5"9 and weighs about 145 lbs. He is very skilled, but must get stronger if he wants to excell at the next level.

Reaction Score
Because Andre Drummond's parents are 6'11
Why do people always have to make stupid comments to every post on here? Have you ever seen Andre's father?

Did you take biology in high school? If your mother is 5-2 and your father is 5-9 and you're 5-8 at the end of your sophomore year in high school there's a very high probability you're not going to be over 6 feet tall. Not saying it's impossible though, just probable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom