Transfer Portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Wood, Salminen and Sergeev are all international players. NIL isn't even a factor because they can't really get it.

Makes a bad look even worse.

Reaction Score

There’s got to be more to this. Sergeev earned the #1 spot but only after a dismal collapse in November. In the late stages of the season, and likely into the next one Sergeev was and would be the #1 for the Huskies. The reasoning provided in this tweet doesn’t pan out.

Reaction Score
My question is how much pull/input do NHL teams have on the development of their prospect with the college team. Is it UConn's job to do what's best for the players development for the future NHL team? Should UConn use a player in a way that is best for UConn (winning games)?? If an NHL teams says we want you to play a player at center, but UConn feels the player will benefit UConn more by playing wing, what do you do???? Are NHL teams advising their draft picks to go to the portal to advance their development?

Reaction Score
Are NHL teams advising their draft picks to go to the portal to advance their development?
Yes… heck - they are playing conduit to the moves. Would guess it’s not NCAA tampering for NHL Coaches/Front Office personnel to have those convos w/ players and their possible landing spots.

Reaction Score
I don't know if these NHL teams follow their prospects religiously as in game by game, but I remember thinking that Sergeev and Calgary can't be thrilled that he got skipped for the QU game, esp. after playing well prior.
If you're the coach and you think your goalies are somewhat even, you have to play the guy with NHL ties more just to appease the mother ship.

Reaction Score
I don't know if these NHL teams follow their prospects religiously as in game by game, but I remember thinking that Sergeev and Calgary can't be thrilled that he got skipped for the QU game, esp. after playing well prior.
If you're the coach and you think your goalies are somewhat even, you have to play the guy with NHL ties more just to appease the mother ship.
Haider was picked by Nashville in an earlier round.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Haider gone. I cannot wait to hear @CTBballfan243 defend this.

THEY HAVE ONE INCOMING TRUE FRESHMAN AT GOALIE IN TOTAL. THIS IS AN OUT AND OUT SIX ALARM FIRE.​

Reaction Score
Haider gone. I cannot wait to hear @CTBballfan243 defend this.

THEY HAVE ONE INCOMING TRUE FRESHMAN AT GOALIE IN TOTAL. THIS IS AN OUT AND OUT SIX ALARM FIRE.​

Nothing to defend. Maybe the players that are leaving are getting paid more money to move. I am all for capitalism!!! Also, didn't Haider come to UConn from another team last year? This is just the new era in college athletics. Kids jump from team to team. UConn will bring in other players to fill the roster spots. Rest assured, UConn will have a hockey team next year. See you at the rink.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom