Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I don’t know how all you Husky fans root for Creighton. They all seems so smug and I’ll never forget Kalk disrespecting Sanogo, even though he totally ate his words.

Conference allegiance is dumb, no one cares. But, but look, the BE is 4-0, we should have had more teams…it doesn’t matter!
Not that it really matters with the selection committee, because they keep rewarding the Fraud 10 conference with 100 bids per year despite 22 straight tournaments without a title… but having the Big East as a league (especially outside of UConn) be successful in March helps legitimize the league as a true power conference in the minds of the media and the fans.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’d be great to get the BE to 8-0 with 3 teams in the Elite 8. That would be a major statement and get people talking in my opinion. One game at a time!
Marquette has a pretty favorable path to pull that off. Creighton not so much.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Tennessee certainly won’t be easy, but they just need 1 win to get there

Reaction Score
It’d be great to get the BE to 8-0 with 3 teams in the Elite 8. That would be a major statement and get people talking in my opinion. One game at a time!
The top teams in B12 and B10 have been just as successful as the top in the BE. If BE got more bids, they’d have piled up some L, just like those conferences

Reaction Score
The top teams in B12 and B10 have been just as successful as the top in the BE. If BE got more bids, they’d have piled up some L, just like those conferences
They were not just as successsful, and we'll never know how far SJU would have advanced.
Kansas, Kentucky, Auburn, Wisconsin. They weren't suddenly bubble teams.

Reaction Score
Disgusting game

Kalkbrenner hitting that 3 in OT was hilarious and very fun

@kobe Going to the NIT in Vegas instead of NYC will be fun I guess
Hopefully you guys can't possibly go that cold again. Until you run into us.

Reaction Score
What's the over-under on how long it takes to call a foul on whoever is guarding Edey.

Reaction Score
This is as lame as it gets to a fanbase winning titles regularly, but it is genuinely insane to go from a kid where making the tourney bc you won the Valley and hoping to get an upset as a 12 seed was the pinnacle of the season vs being pissed getting to the Sweet 16 was stressful.

I get the Creighton jokes bc we have limits, but it has been a lot of fun to walk over Georgetown and beat UConn a few times. We used to get fired up for Southern Illinois and Wichita Community College, it is very fun to piss off all of these real programs instead.

Let's get hot from 3 and smoke Tennessee.
It's a tossup depending on who hits their shots. But I think Creighton may have some matchup advantages that will cause problems for Tennessee on defense. Not as much on the reverse. More a question of depth for you guys in terms of keeping the energy. Gotta figure out a way to spread minutes.

Reaction Score
It is still 80.
Didn’t You predict Creighton would lose because of the hero shot by Trey?
Obviously Cousinard was a hero then ran out of gas, but what a game by him & they’re big. Set a record with like 25 successful pick & rolls before McDermott finally figured it out and blitzed it - that combined with fatigue & big guy in the game to get fouled & miss 1-n-1 was the game.

Reaction Score
Marquette has a pretty favorable path to pull that off. Creighton not so much.
Suddenly Colorado is moving the ball through Lampkin to complement their guys on the perimeter and it's working. They've figured something out and it's going to be a challenge for Shaka to keep their scoring down. Very fascinating to see how they deal with a team that just hit for 102 in regulation.

Reaction Score
I love this 2OT win for the Jays

They were dead in the water, everyone was off, Alexander in particular. Yet they survived. Second chance.

Like an infielder dropping a foul pop-up.

Reaction Score
They were not just as successsful, and we'll never know how far SJU would have advanced.
Kansas, Kentucky, Auburn, Wisconsin. They weren't suddenly bubble teams.
Not sure what’s gotten into me this morning where I’m defending the B12 and B10, but ISU, Houston and Baylor were the top and undefeated. Purdue, Illinois and NW likewise. If you want to swap WI with NW bc of seeding, fine, but either way the top teams are holding their weight

Reaction Score
Suddenly Colorado is moving the ball through Lampkin to complement their guys on the perimeter and it's working. They've figured something out and it's going to be a challenge for Shaka to keep their scoring down. Very fascinating to see how they deal with a team that just hit for 102 in regulation.
their offense is very hurleyesque.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I went to bed convinced the Jays were going to lose. Happy to see the W.

Reaction Score
I played Marquette over 77 points, due to thinking they would turn Colorado over a bunch and both teams like to play fast paced. Liking the early threes from the eagles
Well, Colorado did just give up 100, including like 35 over the final 9 minutes, against Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom